High Keys bootleg?

Can anyone enlighten me how to tell an original copy of the High Keys "Living a lie" on Verve from a boot? It´s a light blue DJ copy. All I know that the light blue demo has been booted (according to Mr Manship), but my googling didn´t pay off and there´s nowt in my guide as well.

Please help! Thanks / L

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

As far as I know the demo copy has not been bootlegged.

The blue issues were but where the label should have been dark blue it was light blue,and where it should have been silver it was dark blue.

On my light blue demo all I can see on the matrix markings are VK 10423 in slight italics and the number 100058.

Incidentally there are some demo's on yellow Verve too.Probably somebody down at the MGM pressing plant forgot to change over the paper from a run of MGM demos.

Hope this helps

Ian

Social source share

To avoid any mistakes here try and locate a black issue, very hard to find but for one of the best double siders ever well worth the hunt.

Keep It Real - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

The bootleg of this 45 is a light blue label copy of the dark blue Verve label. If it was a right one it would have SPECIAL DISC JOCKEY RECORD in a semi circle in large print under the Verve heading, going from one side of the label to the other. The bootleg does not say this. I think it has also been pressed on the yellow label

Dunc

Social source share

Thank you everyone for the info! I was trying to determine if my copy is a boot or not as I´m thinking about selling it and had last minute doubts if it really was an original or not - don´t wanna be sent down for fraud or something. Anyway, going by your info it´s an original copy.

PS - Mark>> Me and a mate are going to the NCSC allnighter sunday, if all goes well with the flight from Stockholm, so we´ll see you there!

Cheers / Lars

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!