• Views 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Blackwingedangel

Hi Chalks,

I'm DJing at Lutterworth first, but Mick has twisted my arm :lol: So Lorraine and I will be up about 1:30ish.

Do you have somewhere secure for my play box please ?

Best

Molly

Be nice to see you both after some time Molly!

Gail x

Hi yer ,Fellow Angel,Gail

Come and say hello,Kev,Good Angel.:hatsoff2:

Will do Kev,you'll have to send me a pic! (of you this time, otherwise I'll be looking for black labs lol!)

Thats the clincher then. :thumbsup:

See you all Saturday.

See you there Tabbers young fellow me lad! :lol:

Be good to see you young lady - it's been an age. :lol:

Don't worry I'll point Kev out - he's the one with a glossy coat and wet nose. :lol:

Be nice to see you both after some time Molly!

Gail x

Will do Kev,you'll have to send me a pic! (of you this time, otherwise I'll be looking for black labs lol!)

See you there Tabbers young fellow me lad! :D

Be good to see you young lady - it's been an age. :lol:

Don't worry I'll point Kev out - he's the one with a glossy coat and wet nose. :lol:

Tabs,

It could be worst,you could have said Iam the one with the waggy tail.:lol:

Anyway Tabs,Gails has got a Lab, as well. :thumbup:

The Border terrier sits here crying she wants me to put, You Tube, on so she can see some cats,Iam not joking. :thumbup:

Kev.:D

Edited by good angel

Mr Dyson and Rob already know what my requests are :thumbsup:

And Mick H if he's going to placate me with a fabulous 60's set :thumbsup:

Being that I've not lifted one foot on a dance floor since early July I'm looking for heart-attack territory, music wise :hatsoff2:

Guest BigPaul

This is the 3rd lifeline on the trot I've had to miss due to holidays & other commitments (got to spend the weekend in chilly jockoland for a wedding:ph34r: ) Gutted:frusty2:

Have a good un everyone

Dont forget your kilt McLydonthumbsup.gif

Oh!!!! and your passportshades.gif

And yes we wiil, have a good unthumbup.gif

And behave yourselfwhistling.gif

This is the 3rd lifeline on the trot I've had to miss due to holidays & other commitments (got to spend the weekend in chilly jockoland for a wedding:ph34r: ) Gutted:frusty2:

Have a good un everyone

hope your not avoiding us Steve :ohmy: Have a good time north of the border :tumbleweed3: See you in October :lol:

Have a good un everyone

We'll miss you Steve,even if its only for the petrol money.:tumbleweed3:

Think I'll dip my toes in this one as well.

Best

Kev

hi every1 i am coming back after 2 years,looking 4wood 2 seeing u all lionel:thumbsup: :D

be good to see you both.

everyone welcome, regulars, those who've been away for a while and newcomers :thumbsup: Some great feedback, the podcast having a positive effect and it's looking like its gonna be a busy night on a busy weekend of soul.

be good to see you both.

everyone welcome, regulars, those who've been away for a while and newcomers :D Some great feedback, the podcast having a positive effect and it's looking like its gonna be a busy night on a busy weekend of soul.

Thanks for the podcast Chalky.The Clay Brown track is the business.See you Saturday.

NOT A FINER GATHERING OF THE SOUL COMMUNITY TO BE FOUND ANY PLACE OTHER THAN THE STABLES THIS SATURDAY !

EVERYONE WELCOME...SAFE AND FRIENDLY SETTINGS ,GREAT PEOPLE ALLROUND....

SHOULD GET SOME TIMES UP SHORTLY .... TILL THEN MICK H FOR MAYER OF NOTTINGHAM !

Andy, they call me Little John in Nottm

So till Sat Robin & his merry men will feast you with Soul

Guest BigPaul

I can't wait for this.

Without doubt the best nighter in the land! :thumbsup:

Sticking with the Robin Hood, Sherwood Forest theme, twist, this thread seems to have takenyes.gif

Agree with you Joanthumbsup.gif

Tis the finest line up in the whole of Christendomhatsoff2.gif

Young Kev of the H is hitchin' the hoss n cart up as we speaklaugh.gif

Edited by BigPaul
Guest rosemary

Sticking with the Robin Hood, Sherwood Forest theme, twist, this thread seems to have takenyes.gif

Agree with you Joanthumbsup.gif

Tis the finest line up in the whole of Christendomhatsoff2.gif

Young Kev of the H is hitchin' the hoss n cart up as we speaklaugh.gif

first time for meyes.gif.... really looking forward to the night, seeing all the lovely people and hearing some great musicsmile.gif

and on 'The Christendom' theme..... will there be men in tightswink.gif......laugh.gif

Guest rosemary

Terry's celebrating his birthday at Lifeline. :lol:

He won't be his usual smiling self though - he's been made redundant as wardrobe advisor because it's the final "Last Of The Summer Wine" this weekend. :lol:

Danny

oh dear me poor Terrylaugh.gif......

and birthday celebrationssmile.gif

i think i'm gonna pop in on the way to Lifeline

So you're gonna pop into Lifeline on your way to Lifeline???? I will possibly see you at Sonic Soul in Lutterworth where I shall be going for the earlier part of the night, before I go to Lifeline for the early morning hours :lol:

Andy, Chalky........What time is Karl DJ'ing on Saturday?? Plan on getting to Lifeline around 12-1ish, after he played a set of pure brilliance at Move On last week I really don't want to miss him at doing his thing on Saturday :lol:

So you're gonna pop into Lifeline on your way to Lifeline???? I will possibly see you at Sonic Soul in Lutterworth where I shall be going for the earlier part of the night, before I go to Lifeline for the early morning hours :lol:

Yes Adam - i beleive Lutterworth is on the cards first - i shall see you there and at Lifeline - my, two events in one nite you'll see me. All your Christmases come at once young man ;-)

Terry's celebrating his birthday at Lifeline. :thumbsup:

He won't be his usual smiling self though - he's been made redundant as wardrobe advisor because it's the final "Last Of The Summer Wine" this weekend. :thumbup:

Danny

vep, that's right. terry is celebrating his 57th birthday and he has treated him self to a new syrup and a tank top :D

john

Edited by jeri

So you're gonna pop into Lifeline on your way to Lifeline???? I will possibly see you at Sonic Soul in Lutterworth where I shall be going for the earlier part of the night, before I go to Lifeline for the early morning hours :D

Andy, Chalky........What time is Karl DJ'ing on Saturday?? Plan on getting to Lifeline around 12-1ish, after he played a set of pure brilliance at Move On last week I really don't want to miss him at doing his thing on Saturday :thumbsup:

Guest is usually on at 1am.

Full complement of record dealers I think, just got in from work but will check in the morning and post any other details.

vep, that's right. terry is celebrating his 57th birthday and he has treated him self to a new syrup and a tank top :thumbsup:

john

Tell him to get that sheepskin on,its bloody nippy for August.Don't want the old boy catching a chill.Waiting with bated breath for the unveiling of the syrup.

Guest is usually on at 1am.

Full complement of record dealers I think, just got in from work but will check in the morning and post any other details.

Cheers Chalky,

Out of interest why so early for the guest DJs? Which leads to another question...why only one guest DJ every month? I'm not including the early collectors spot, which is a great way to highlight DJs on the rise or colectors etc. Not having a dig in anyway, but it's something that I've always wondered about as having just one guest over 9hours of an all-nighter doesn't seem enough. I know the resident team are all top spinners in their own right but I always like to hear different DJs (especially DJs I've not heard or rarely hear) who bring along their own style and sounds, variety is the spice of life isn't it?

Cheers,

Adam.

Guest karen b

It's Karen's birthday later this week too.

- wonder if that makes her wanna do some extra driving this weekend ...just to show off her energetic youth off course :wicked:

m

Lifeline is indeed my venue of choice to celebrate my birthday along with my 'birthday buddy' Kipper,wave.gif

and having read the thread it seems there will be plenty of us making the same choice too.thumbsup.gif

What a party this will bebeer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gif

see you all there,thumbup.gif

Love Karen xxx

Hi all enjoy Lifeline tonight......have a ball you all

Unfortunatly im unable to make it,best laid plans etc,but doctors orders must come first

Enjoy Lifeline its one of the best places in the land to be at

Toby

Unfortunatly im unable to make it,best laid plans etc,but doctors orders must come first

Toby

you take care and get yourself better mate, plenty more Lifeline's for when you are fit and well :wicked:

Lifeline is indeed my venue of choice to celebrate my birthday along with my 'birthday buddy' Kipper,wave.gif

and having read the thread it seems there will be plenty of us making the same choice too.:wicked:

Love Karen xxx

See you tonight Karen. Hope you have had/having a great birthday thumbsup.gif

Toby

AAAwwww I was looking forward to a catch up with you Toby. Get your rest. Doctor knows best.

Best

Kev

Guest Imogen

first time for meyes.gif.... really looking forward to the night, seeing all the lovely people and hearing some great musicsmile.gif

and on 'The Christendom' theme..... will there be men in tightswink.gif......laugh.gif

Really looking forward to tonight. My first time aswell.

See you all later

Imogen

and having read the thread it seems there will be plenty of us making the same choice too.thumbsup.gif

Love Karen xxx

It will be nice to see you Karen ,more so cos you're celebrating.... come see me on the door for a natter and comp !

Cheers Chalky,

Out of interest why so early for the guest DJs? Which leads to another question...why only one guest DJ every month? I'm not including the early collectors spot, which is a great way to highlight DJs on the rise or colectors etc. Not having a dig in anyway, but it's something that I've always wondered about as having just one guest over 9hours of an all-nighter doesn't seem enough. I know the resident team are all top spinners in their own right but I always like to hear different DJs (especially DJs I've not heard or rarely hear) who bring along their own style and sounds, variety is the spice of life isn't it?

Cheers,

Adam.

Adam , we've always had 1 guest ,thought most niters did ? when i booked karl he got choice of any time during the evening ,as does every guest,by all means speak to karl and if he wants to go on say 4ish instead it ain't a problem. Because we are only bi - monthly ( infact we only get 5 dates a year ) this makes breaking recording extremely difficult,pretty much impossible ,so i feel the residents need some regularity and at least a fighting chance of introducing more recent finds.Also one has to be very careful of dj choice - one bad decision can ultimately destroy the night,expectations are high from the punters at lifeline and the buck stops at me and mick....we've asked many times in the past for folk to come forward and have a bash with something different ,but with little if no response !

Cu tonite....

Adam , we've always had 1 guest ,thought most niters did ? when i booked karl he got choice of any time during the evening ,as does every guest,by all means speak to karl and if he wants to go on say 4ish instead it ain't a problem. Because we are only bi - monthly ( infact we only get 5 dates a year ) this makes breaking recording extremely difficult,pretty much impossible ,so i feel the residents need some regularity and at least a fighting chance of introducing more recent finds.Also one has to be very careful of dj choice - one bad decision can ultimately destroy the night,expectations are high from the punters at lifeline and the buck stops at me and mick....we've asked many times in the past for folk to come forward and have a bash with something different ,but with little if no response !

Cu tonite....

Hi Andy,

Cheers for the detailed reply. I didn't realise the guests got a choice of times, I assumed that when Chalky said they are usually on at 1am-2am that you set that slot aside for guests rather than most guests choosing that time for themselves. It's hard to compare Lifeline to most other long running nighters as so many of them have a second or third room which allows them to have a larger number of guests, I think Bidds is probably the best comparison and don't they have 2 or 3 guests...Mace will correct me if I'm wrong no doubt!

As I said earlier all the Lifeline residents are top DJs and I understand and agree that it's an uphill struggle to break new sounds and that becomes even harder without the consistent spots that Lifeline offers. My query on Lifeline just having the one guest wasn't a dig at any of the residents, I just like the opportunity to hear different DJs who all bring their own style and mix of sounds with them, where better to hear them than at Lifeline where they'll have a large and receptive crowd to play for? Plus you're also right that a poor choice of DJ can really bring a night down....but both you and Mick are out and about listening to DJs most weekends so you know which DJs will work at Lifeline and which won't so I doubt you'd make the wrong decision on what guests you have. We've talked before about how surprising the lack of people coming forward for the collectors spot is, I can only guess that many are slightly intimidated at the thought of being put in at the frontline of a nighter with such an excellent reputation?

See you later, I'll be turning up about midnight I think and I'm looking forward to it :wicked:

Adam.