Guest Ollie Lailey

Guest Ollie Lailey

Crystal Palace Soul @ The Alma

95 Church Road

Crystal Palace

London

SE19

Saturday 21st August

We are back for more, and we are pleased to have a bit of feminine charm behind the wheels of steel this time, all the way from the mean streets of Walthamstow....... Leona Murphy. She will be joined by Orpingtons favorite son Mr Steve Twigg. Helped out by Crystal Palace's very own Miles Eastwick, Ollie Lailey and Joel Maslin.

Northern Soul, Crossover, Funk, Disco and that sort of thing.

8pm - 2am

Free entry.

For east London types you can now get to Crystal Palace on the East London line extension from Shoreditch and Dalston.

post-4648-045222900 1279018315_thumb.jpe

Edited by Ollie Lailey
  • Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

If I can get various things sorted out I will venture into the depths of "sarf" London to this event. Joel I know from the 100 Club and Leona is a friend and a good DJ to boot (where's that CD you promised me? lol). I am assuming the music played is a mix, not the same old same old stuff. Hope that doesn't make me sound too picky, but am sure you know what I mean.

Hi Geoff,

Yes its a good mix of sounds, from funk things like Gloria Walker on Flaming Arrow, Ricky Allen on Tamboo, crossover bits like Matt Brown 'Everyday' on Jarval, if we're lucky with the excellent jocking skills of Leona we may get a hit of Soul For Sale on Geronimo, through to 70's like Storm on PI Kappa & Danny Hunt ect. That sort of stuff will be peppered with the odd classic from most genres of rare soul music. Its likely you'll get a blast of old Harold M toward the end of proceedings :thumbsup:

Guest Ollie Lailey

If I can get various things sorted out I will venture into the depths of "sarf" London to this event. Joel I know from the 100 Club and Leona is a friend and a good DJ to boot (where's that CD you promised me? lol). I am assuming the music played is a mix, not the same old same old stuff. Hope that doesn't make me sound too picky, but am sure you know what I mean.

Yeah Joel summed it up well. Defiantly not the same old same old! It's always a great laugh as well as great music!

Really Looking forward to Leonas and Steves offerings.

Going to miss this one, will be 'enjoying' the rain in Devon :lol:

Good luck, and hope its not too warm an evening. Was over in The Alma a couple of weeks back and they had a young female dj playing ska and rocksteady. Nice set, at least early on.. hear it went downhill slightly later on (Skinhead Moonstomp :lol: ).

But it was bloody warm in there, and there was only about 20 in! Given the numbers in Feb/Mar(?) it could be a hot night - better wear your shorts :lol:

Have a great nite and make sure you get another one in before Christmas..

Edited by 26:10:02
Guest smartypantsnancy

Crystal Palace Soul @ The Alma

95 Church Road

Crystal Palace

London

SE19

Saturday 21st August

We are back for more, and we are pleased to have a bit of feminine charm behind the wheels of steel this time, all the way from the mean streets of Walthamstow....... Leona Murphy. She will be joined by Orpingtons favorite son Mr Steve Twigg. Helped out by Crystal Palace's very own Miles Eastwick, Ollie Lailey and Joel Maslin.

Northern Soul, Crossover, Funk, Disco and that sort of thing.

8pm - 2am

Free entry.

For east London types you can now get to Crystal Palace on the East London line extension from Shoreditch and Dalston.

Me and Jerry will be there...really looking forward to it, always a good night :lol:

Guest Ollie Lailey

Great! look forward to seeing you down there.

We have got a cracking new sound system, and have got the bar to order in extra Black Sambuca!

By the way there is lots of free parking on Church Road, and also a public car park behind Sainsbury's on Westow Street.

Guest Leona M

Great! look forward to seeing you down there.

We have got a cracking new sound system, and have got the bar to order in extra Black Sambuca!

By the way there is lots of free parking on Church Road, and also a public car park behind Sainsbury's on Westow Street.

Arghhhh ......the very mention of the "Black Stuff" sends a shiver down my spine after last time :ohmy:

I am however really looking forward to coming down and spinning some of our prized tunes for you lot..... it's always a really great laugh CPS and the music policy is right across the board so something for everyone......

I'll of course be bringing our "Soul For Sale" on Geronimo for Young Joel - I know he loves it and there are very few copies about - I'll be playing a very broad mix from 60's right through to some cheeky Modern Soul.

If you haven't already been down to this do and fancy a fun friendly night out with no pretensions and no agendas - get yourself down to The Alma - you won't regret it!!!:beer:

P.S Geoff - I am sorry - I will do you a CD I promise xx

Guest Ollie Lailey

Right you lot, get your backsides down to Crystal Palace tomorrow night for some serious boozing and some of the finest soul music ever recorded. New PA system and some of South and East London's finest (but mostly out of shape) Deejays. You will have Black Sambuca coming out your ears and will be begging for more.

Edited by Ollie Lailey