Uk Postage Special Delivery Question

Pete S

I sent a small box of records to someone yesterday by special delivery, anyway he wasn't in and they left a card but it said PLEASE LEAVE 48 HOURS BEFORE COLLECTING. Surely this cannot be correct, it was urgent, thats why it went special delivery, no way on earth can they make him wait 48 hours - can they?

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 966
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest the fifer

I sent a small box of records to someone yesterday by special delivery, anyway he wasn't in and they left a card but it said PLEASE LEAVE 48 HOURS BEFORE COLLECTING. Surely this cannot be correct, it was urgent, thats why it went special delivery, no way on earth can they make him wait 48 hours - can they?

The postie writes the time before collecting on the card , sounds like he made a mistake 4 hours is what usually is put on the card. The package would be returned to the delivery office at the end of his round.

Derek

Social source share

it doesn't sound right pete its normally next day,you might get some info from royal mail site.mick

Social source share

its 48 hours here as the depot parcels go back to first is Bradford and from there it gets redelivered to Huddersfield depot so it can be collected by moi... much quicker to ring and rearrange delivery for the next day knowing that the normal postie will have had his day off so will leave parcel with either a neighbour or in shed if I'm out :thumbsup:

not sure about next day special jobbies though

not much good am i :thumbsup:

Social source share

Did you advise the recepient of you're intention to despatch the day before? I suspect not,otherwise the recipient may have been in,to sign for the delivery.I suspect that communication between you's two was at fault here.Otherwise you could have mailed to the place of work. A full time job!!! I remember those days,i wish i still had one!! But common sense and talking to your customers,hey baby,that's where it's at!

Social source share

Did you advise the recepient of you're intention to despatch the day before? I suspect not,otherwise the recipient may have been in,to sign for the delivery.I suspect that communication between you's two was at fault here.Otherwise you could have mailed to the place of work. A full time job!!! I remember those days,i wish i still had one!! But common sense and talking to your customers,hey baby,that's where it's at!

What the hell are you on about, it wasn't a customer, it was some shit records someone sent me, I had to return 9 out of 12 records because the conditions were so bad, I didn't think about asking the seller to make sure he was in as he knew I was sending them back that day.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!