Soulfusion Gloucestershire

Just wanted to thank everyone who made the effort to come along to Soulfusion last night.

in spite of a few technical problems brought on by the heat in the main room, we muddled through and kept the dancefloor rocking till 1.15 ish in all three rooms

All three rooms saw dancefloor action right from the off and the new improved Motown room was a big hit with all the dancers, and we haven't finished with that room yet, stick with us and you will see that room blossom into a top Motown & Club Soul room with the right DJs to compliment it.

I had lots of positive feedback from folks last night, and the main one was "thanks for putting in the effort to get the place right."

A huge thankyou to East Anglia's Steve Jay for travelling over to DJ in the modern room, My sincere apologies for the accomodation problem, (so embarrasing) I only hope it didn't spoil the evening for you. DJing wise, I think Steve loved it, the dancefloor was certaining very full all the way through.

the main room saw Barnstaple's Paul O'brien double decking with his long time buddie and soulfusion resident Jerry hipkiss, needless to say the hit the spot with their selection of mainly 60's sides

Also BIG thanks to our pool of residents who support our special guests and compliment with their varied selections.

I also need to thank Mart & Sue for clicking away all night, I'm sure there will be some good snaps to put up on the webiste.

and also many thanks to Jinksy & Rob Adams who helped me out getting the Motown room ready during the week, no small task and it payed off big time.

roll on the next event on September the 18th with Nige Browne & FISH

best

Neil

Edited by neil self
  • Replies 14
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest 2648 W Grand Boulevard

Just wanted to thank everyone who made the effort to come along to Soulfusion last night.

in spite of a few technical problems brought on by the heat in the main room, we muddled through and kept the dancefloor rocking till 1.15 ish in all three rooms

All three rooms saw dancefloor action right from the off and the new improved Motown room was a big hit with all the dancers, and we haven't finished with that room yet, stick with us and you will see that room blossom into a top Motown & Club Soul room with the right DJs to compliment it.

I had lots of positive feedback from folks last night, and the main one was "thanks for putting in the effort to get the place right."

A huge thankyou to East Anglia's Steve Jay for travelling over to DJ in the modern room, My sincere apologies for the accomodation problem, (so embarrasing) I only hope it didn't spoil the evening for you. DJing wise, I think Steve loved it, the dancefloor was certaining very full all the way through.

the main room saw Barnstaple's Paul O'brien double decking with his long time buddie and soulfusion resident Jerry hipkiss, needless to say the hit the spot with their selection of mainly 60's sides

Also BIG thanks to our pool of residents who support our special guests and compliment with their varied selections.

I also need to thank Mart & Sue for clicking away all night, I'm sure there will be some good snaps to put up on the webiste.

and also many thanks to Jinksy & Rob Adams who helped me out getting the Motown room ready during the week, no small task and it payed off big time.

best

Neil

Really enjoyed the night, as always . I like the way you boys have improved the Motown room, so may spend a bit more time in there next time. The Modern room looked to be a bit hot & sweaty, with some interesting tunes being played. The double decking session in the main room was good, thanks for playing Sterling McGee but I forgot to ask for Patti Drew "Stop & Listen". Good to see some familiar faces including a couple from Yorkshire who I see out at various do's when I'm back up in God's own county. Just checked my roster and looks like I'll be attending on 18/09. Keep up the good work, it's appreciated

Dave

CAN ONLY GIVE A LIMITED OPINION OF THE NIGHTS PROCEEDING AS I STATIONED MYSELF IN THE MAIN ROOM ONLY FOR THE SHORT TIME I WAS THERE ( HAD TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE KIND OFFER OF A LIFT HOME ). SO ALL I CAN SAY IS THE TWO SETS I HEARD NAMELY STEVE RAYS AND THEN FOLLOWED BY NEILS I DID ENJOY .IT WAS GOOD TO MEET SOME OLD FRIENDS AGAIN WHO I HADNT HAD A LOT OF CONTACT WITH RECENTLY .SO ALL IN ALL FOR ME A GOOD NIGHT SO THANKS NEIL FOR PROMOTING THIS NIGHT AND MR RAY THANKS VERY MUCH FOR THE LIFT HOME.

I heard him describing the room as 'meow bang'; proving you couldn't swing a cat in it :thumbsup:

Great night, Steve Jay was spot on, playing a great cross section of music.

Roll on September......

Only the second visit to Soulfusion for me and must say i had a great night again :yes: , main room was great fun with some class oldies (and the records were good as well :yes: ), modern room was really banging everytime i popped my head in, met up with a couple of old mates that i only see now and then, went home hot and sweaty with a handful of records, god i love my second childhood!

Keep up the good work Neil, this is now a must go to event for me :lol:

Great fun doing the double-decking spot, all the usual favourites from me but managed to slip in things like Jeff Perry, Rotations etc., O'Brien sticking on some big oldies like Bobby Williams, Adventurers, Johnny Watson etc., wrapping up with Dean Parrish from him, California Montage from me, plus a bonus of "Worth every tear I cry" in between so he could get on the dancefloor! Modern room really built up to a sweaty climax (oooh errr missus...) and as neil says room three is expanding. Good to see MickeyB, Phil Taylor, Dennis Lee, Adey Pearce etc., ....roll on September!

Guest steve jay

Well first and foremost I would like to thank Neil for inviting me over to guest in the modern room @ Soulfusion .

For those that havemy been before I can highly recommend a visit (whatever you choice of soul) the 3 room venue is absolutely spot on , offering something for everyone in a very comfortable environment , with fabulous dance floors in each. The central bar area means you can hear and see the modern room and northern romm at almost the same time which I thought was nice. The well staffed bar meant no long waits to get served :lol: , despite a very good attendance ( and the fact that it was a very hot night:sweatingbullets: :thumbsup::P ).

We had a quick look in the northern and motown rooms and they looked to be busy dancefloor wise right from early on:thumbsup: , so we settled down in the modern room and caght the end of neils set and all of steves , I must say the quality of the soundsystem was fantastic only supassed by the music the boys were playing , top stuff fellas:thumbup: :g:

To say the patrons of the modern room know how to PARTYYYYYYYYYYYY

would be a complete understatement right from the off the floor was never empty , and as the night progressed the room just got busier and busier with a fantastic atmosphere.Was a real joy to play to such an enthusiastic and really friendly up for it crowd , and the floor was absolutely rammed right up the the very last record played by Paul Garland , who did a blinding spot to end the proceedings ,Paul really good to meet you mate (and many many thanks for the cd!!) .

I dont think Ive ever seen so many people fit on a dancefloor at one time (and no it isnt a small floor) there are some very very serious dancers there too, the modern room was just out of this world and Neil this event is a real credit to you , and is surely a must attend event for anyone in the area , and beyond as it well worth travelling to :D

Once again thanks so much for inviting me over top night all round:thumbsup:

Steve

Well first and foremost I would like to thank Neil for inviting me over to guest in the modern room @ Soulfusion .

For those that havemy been before I can highly recommend a visit (whatever you choice of soul) the 3 room venue is absolutely spot on , offering something for everyone in a very comfortable environment , with fabulous dance floors in each. The central bar area means you can hear and see the modern room and northern romm at almost the same time which I thought was nice. The well staffed bar meant no long waits to get served :thumbsup: , despite a very good attendance ( and the fact that it was a very hot night:sweatingbullets: sweatingbullets.gif:thumbsup: ).

We had a quick look in the northern and motown rooms and they looked to be busy dancefloor wise right from early on:thumbsup: , so we settled down in the modern room and caght the end of neils set and all of steves , I must say the quality of the soundsystem was fantastic only supassed by the music the boys were playing , top stuff fellas:thumbup: :ohmy:

would be a complete understatement right from the off the floor was never empty , and as the night progressed the room just got busier and busier with a fantastic atmosphere.Was a real joy to play to such an enthusiastic and really friendly up for it crowd , and the floor was absolutely rammed right up the the very last record played by Paul Garland , who did a blinding spot to end the proceedings ,Paul really good to meet you mate (and many many thanks for the cd!!) .

I dont think Ive ever seen so many people fit on a dancefloor at one time (and no it isnt a small floor) there are some very very serious dancers there too, the modern room was just out of this world and Neil this event is a real credit to you , and is surely a must attend event for anyone in the area , and beyond as it well worth travelling to :)

Steve

Sorry I didn't get to meet you Steve, too busy in the northern room, was that the Al Olive that Paul gave you? What a choon!

Guest steve jay

Sorry I didn't get to meet you Steve, too busy in the northern room, was that the Al Olive that Paul gave you? What a choon!

Hi Jerry yes the night just flew by , Al Olive thats the very one!!, Steve

Guest paul garland

For those that havemy been before I can highly recommend a visit (whatever you choice of soul) the 3 room venue is absolutely spot on , offering something for everyone in a very comfortable environment , with fabulous dance floors in each. The central bar area means you can hear and see the modern room and northern romm at almost the same time which I thought was nice. The well staffed bar meant no long waits to get served :thumbup: , despite a very good attendance ( and the fact that it was a very hot night:sweatingbullets: :lol::thumbup: ).

We had a quick look in the northern and motown rooms and they looked to be busy dancefloor wise right from early on:thumbsup: , so we settled down in the modern room and caght the end of neils set and all of steves , I must say the quality of the soundsystem was fantastic only supassed by the music the boys were playing , top stuff fellas:thumbup: :lol:

I dont think Ive ever seen so many people fit on a dancefloor at one time (and no it isnt a small floor) there are some very very serious dancers there too, the modern room was just out of this world and Neil this event is a real credit to you , and is surely a must attend event for anyone in the area , and beyond as it well worth travelling to :thumbup:

Steve

Steve it was nice to meet you and your good lady. Glad you enjoyed the night, you kept up the extremely high standard that all of Neil's guests have produced .We are lucky to have such a night on our own doorstep with top quality guests like your good self . Great local djs like Ady pountain , Steve LLOyd who continues to push the boundaries, jinksy Kev Healy Andy Edwards & Donovan who have all graced the decks at soul fusion. Not forgetting Neil who always does a great job what ever room he is in ( 3 again this time ).& local LEGEND JERRY. As you say the patrons do know how to party and dance and it is they who make the night such a pleasure for any dj lucky enough to play at soul fusion. I will be a punter at the next Soul Fusion and i already know i will have a guaranteed good time. Many thanks Steve for the compliments and MANY MANY THANKS TO ALL THE MODERN ROOM CROWD . SEE YOU ON THE DANCE FLOOR IN SEPTEMBER.

Edited by paul garland
Guest mickeyb

Great fun doing the double-decking spot, all the usual favourites from me but managed to slip in things like Jeff Perry, Rotations etc., O'Brien sticking on some big oldies like Bobby Williams, Adventurers, Johnny Watson etc., wrapping up with Dean Parrish from him, California Montage from me, plus a bonus of "Worth every tear I cry" in between so he could get on the dancefloor! Modern room really built up to a sweaty climax (oooh errr missus...) and as neil says room three is expanding. Good to see MickeyB, Phil Taylor, Dennis Lee, Adey Pearce etc., ....roll on September!

Yes Jerry, it was great fun. The biggest compliment I can pay to you and Paul is the fact that I only gave the Modern Room a cursory glance (sorry guys!) and Andy, Phil and Froggy were only in there for about 20-30 mins. Not like us.

PS What's all this Paul from Barnstaple malarkey? Upton's about 40 miles away - has he moved?

PPS - Sorry Neil for not saying hello for the 2nd visit running.

Yes Jerry, it was great fun. The biggest compliment I can pay to you and Paul is the fact that I only gave the Modern Room a cursory glance (sorry guys!) and Andy, Phil and Froggy were only in there for about 20-30 mins. Not like us.

PS What's all this Paul from Barnstaple malarkey? Upton's about 40 miles away - has he moved?

PPS - Sorry Neil for not saying hello for the 2nd visit running.

Thanks for that compliment Michael...as for O'b, well, he IS out in the wilds - just call him the "Duke of Exmoor", that'll really wind him up!! :thumbsup::lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mickeyb

best

Where's the photos?

Neil