Soulgate Alldayer

Well what a day that was. Just one of the best days of the year, Terry,Paul and Taffy take a bow :thumbsup:

All of the djs played some wonderful records from the full range of the soul music spectrum.

At times you had the feeling that Randy was looking down on us, he would have loved it :yes:

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Well what a day that was. Just one of the best days of the year, Terry,Paul and Taffy take a bow :thumbsup:

All of the djs played some wonderful records from the full range of the soul music spectrum.

At times you had the feeling that Randy was looking down on us, he would have loved it :yes:

:boxing:

Sun was shining as always :boxing: Great music, great atmosphere & a great day remembering a great man & friend .....cheers Randy :boxing:

Edited by SHSDave

Well what a day that was. Just one of the best days of the year, Terry,Paul and Taffy take a bow :yes:

At times you had the feeling that Randy was looking down on us, he would have loved it :lol:

Yes Binsy, thoroughly enjoyable day out and nice to chat to you mate :yes:

Great spots by all the dj's!

Big thanks to Geoff for putting me up and thanks to Kenny "The Kebab" Mac for insisting on paying the taxi fare:hatsoff2:

Edited by Stubbsy
Guest Little Reg

:lol: Yes once again what a privilege it was for me to open this special event and agreed:yes: i bet Randy looks down with a smile everytime. Terry Paul & Taff run this All dayer.

Well as normal it was open decks

so i started with

SITLL WATER LOVE FOUR TOPS. FOLLOWED BY

WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO WIN YOUR LOVE BUDDY MILES

I CAN TELL ED SUMMERS

ACROSS 110TH STREET BOBBY WOMACK

TO PROVE I LOVE YOU O'JAYS

YOU MADE ME THIS WAY ILA VANN

SEXUAL HEALING MARVIN GAY /BOB MARLEY

SHE WENT AWAY NATURAL IMPULSE

And that was it as we were running late the first dejays had 8 records each in steard of the normal 10 .

this is the best day of the year for me so thanks again for letting me open this event .

all the best

Little Reg :yes:

Guest Kolla

Big thanks to Terry, Paul and Taffy for a 7th successful all-dayer in Randy's honour. Al and I had such a great time.

Over £600 was raised by everyone on the day too - for Help for Heroes and The Royal Marsden.

;-)
Guest Karen Heath

Another great day in memory of our dear friend Randy-the boys did him proud again! :huh:

Randy would have been thrilled to know that Soulgate continues year after year, to draw such a huge crowd of all his friends...and we all miss him loads.

:D Yes once again what a privilege it was for me to open this special event and agreed:yes: i bet Randy looks down with a smile everytime. Terry Paul & Taff run this All dayer.

Well as normal it was open decks

so i started with

SITLL WATER LOVE FOUR TOPS. FOLLOWED BY

WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO WIN YOUR LOVE BUDDY MILES

I CAN TELL ED SUMMERS

ACROSS 110TH STREET BOBBY WOMACK

TO PROVE I LOVE YOU O'JAYS

YOU MADE ME THIS WAY ILA VANN

SEXUAL HEALING MARVIN GAY /BOB MARLEY

SHE WENT AWAY NATURAL IMPULSE

And that was it as we were running late the first dejays had 8 records each in steard of the normal 10 .

this is the best day of the year for me so thanks again for letting me open this event .

all the best

Little Reg :huh:

And i sold you a book !! biggrin.gif top day,till next year Ken

Very good day as usual, and the weather was kind as it always seems to be for the Soulgates I've attended. Great music, across the board, and good to see so many friends there. Had slightly more to drink than my usual intake, hope I wasn't too embarrassing.

As John has said above, thanks to Kenny Mac for the taxi home, hope the settee wasn't too uncomfortable.

Well done to all concerned for a great day.

Brilliant fun and what a nice way for the London soul scenes to get together, particularly nice to see all the modern and crossover oiks who we only see occasionally. Binsy did a bit of a stunner, possibly the best ever danced to deep soul spot. Sonny got his first dance in to Toni Lamarr 'Just In The Nick Of Time' a quality beginning. Soz if I didn't get much of a chance to catch up with people, he decided to be a handful all day, whereas the next day he was an angel when it didn't really matter! Next year's the 30th so he'll have to find his own way home (or lead me).

I'm not sure where to start except to apologise to all the promoters, my friends, anyone else I offended & especially my wife Dru for my objectionable behaviour last Saturday.

Southgate is always one of the highlights of the year & from what I can remember this one seemed to be as busy as ever with so many good friends & soul folk.

I'm not sure what happened towards the end of the night but I'd been in an obnoxious mood all day & probably just should have stayed at home.

I can't honestly recall what happened or what was said & who else was witness to it all except Dru who I embarrased in public once again!

Apologies once again if I ruined anyone else's night.

Ady

I'm not sure where to start except to apologise to all the promoters, my friends, anyone else I offended & especially my wife Dru for my objectionable behaviour last Saturday.

Southgate is always one of the highlights of the year & from what I can remember this one seemed to be as busy as ever with so many good friends & soul folk.

I'm not sure what happened towards the end of the night but I'd been in an obnoxious mood all day & probably just should have stayed at home.

I can't honestly recall what happened or what was said & who else was witness to it all except Dru who I embarrased in public once again!

Apologies once again if I ruined anyone else's night.

Ady

You weren't doing your old Elvis dancing again were ya :( ? if you were i at least hope you kept your clothes on ??

:lol:

Greg

Guest preacher

Another great day/night at Soulgate. A nice big crowd of peeps, with a generally magic vibe all day.

I must admit we had a few problems from a sound & dance floor side (I sort them for Terry & Pabs), starting at 5mins to 12 (the start), when what seemed like a freek power surge blew the internal fuses on the decks and mixer! Sorry Reg for setting your start time back, but a superb selection to start the day thanks for the track you played for us!

This year we had decided with Terry to go for a bigger dance floor on the top section by the DJs, this meant moving the DJs slightly, but this caused all kinds of hassles for them with loads of jumping records! Sorry guys, hope no big priced records got scratched! We did end up removing some of the floor while Ady C. was playing, this did help a bit, we are already working out what best to do for next year.

Personally for me ALL the DJs were on top form this year, many Southgate classics, loads of rare tunes played next to cheap ones, the way it should be. Eddie P & Johnny T made it for me again this year, nice one. And it's always nice to hook up with my old school teacher Mr Forest!

See you all for the 30th.

Guest Darks

Another great day/night at Soulgate. A nice big crowd of peeps, with a generally magic vibe all day.

I must admit we had a few problems from a sound & dance floor side (I sort them for Terry & Pabs), starting at 5mins to 12 (the start), when what seemed like a freek power surge blew the internal fuses on the decks and mixer! Sorry Reg for setting your start time back, but a superb selection to start the day thanks for the track you played for us!

This year we had decided with Terry to go for a bigger dance floor on the top section by the DJs, this meant moving the DJs slightly, but this caused all kinds of hassles for them with loads of jumping records! Sorry guys, hope no big priced records got scratched! We did end up removing some of the floor while Ady C. was playing, this did help a bit, we are already working out what best to do for next year.

Personally for me ALL the DJs were on top form this year, many Southgate classics, loads of rare tunes played next to cheap ones, the way it should be. Eddie P & Johnny T made it for me again this year, nice one. And it's always nice to hook up with my old school teacher Mr Forest!

See you all for the 30th.

Respect to you my friend for the use of the sponges!

It is always refreshing to go somewhere where they take the sound seriously. Sounded good to me.

Great people, great music, great day.

What more can I say. Lots probably :lol:.

Thanks to everyone involved.

Regards Alan

Guest s0ul45

"And it's always nice to hook up with my old school teacher Mr Forest!"

Always great to see you as well. You haven't changed that much in all these years - you still can't spell FORREST!

Guest preacher

Respect to you my friend for the use of the sponges!

It is always refreshing to go somewhere where they take the sound seriously. Sounded good to me.

Thanks, we do try!

Guest preacher

"And it's always nice to hook up with my old school teacher Mr Forest!"

Always great to see you as well. You haven't changed that much in all these years - you still can't spell FORREST!

Sorry sir, won't happen again sir.

Source Advert