Blackpool Mecca Mafia Memories @ The Swallow Preston

BLACKPOOL MECCA APPRECIATION SOCIETY

in association with THE MECCA MAFIA

presents an Evening of Mecca Memories from

this Golden Era of SOUL FUNK & JAZZ in the 70's

featuring many forgotten gems and eclectic tunes.

...A "real time" last hour session !

This will all be held at The Preston Swallow Hotel

Preston New Road, Preston, Lancashire, PR5 0UL

DJ's all together for the fist time since back in the day

COLIN CURTIS & (The Mecca Mafia) PETE HAIGH, ANDY LETT & STEVE NAYLOR

Sound courtesy of Stewart Wennen - Soulful Dance @ Lytham

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 6TH 2010

8pm till 2am

Advance Tickets £10.00

Payment via paypal - see enclosed flyer.

Anyone wishing to stay overnight please contact the hotel to get a discounted rate.

Tel. 01772 877351 - You must quote "Blackpool Mecca" to recieve your discount.

Gonna be a great night - already a great buzz on facebook about it - lots & lots of interest already. https://www.facebook....128358310521991

Hope to see you all there !!!

post-2146-011998500 1279819505_thumb.jpg

Edited by epic
  • Replies 21
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

BLACKPOOL MECCA APPRECIATION SOCIETY

in association with THE MECCA MAFIA

presents an Evening of Mecca Memories from

this Golden Era of SOUL FUNK & JAZZ in the 70's

featuring many forgotten gems and eclectic tunes.

...A "real time" last hour session !

This will all be held at The Preston Swallow Hotel

Preston New Road, Preston, Lancashire, PR5 0UL

DJ's all together for the fist time since back in the day

COLIN CURTIS & (The Mecca Mafia) PETE HAIGH, ANDY LETT & STEVE NAYLOR

Sound courtesy of Stewart Wennen - Soulful Dance @ Lytham

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 6TH 2010

8pm till 2am

Advance Tickets £10.00

Payment via paypal - see enclosed flyer.

Anyone wishing to stay overnight please contact the hotel to get a discounted rate.

Tel. 01772 877351 - You must quote "Blackpool Mecca" to recieve your discount.

Gonna be a great night - already a great buzz on facebook about it - lots & lots of interest already. https://www.facebook....128358310521991

Hope to see you all there !!!

You'll be seing me & Pat there :D:lol:

Guest souldancer

For those unaware of what's been happening......this night has been born initially out of just some fun on facebook...."The Blackpool Mecca Appreciation Society " group......started by Mr Colin Curtis himself...:P .....and it's taken off by storm :lol: with now 452 members and over 3,000 posts including Youtubes of the best music ever!!!!!!

The Preston area has been chosen for this event instead of Blackpool for easy access......the Hotel rooms are going fast, as are ticket sales.

The wondeful Highland Room atmosphere will, without doubt, be recreated on this night....come and join us...:lol:

Tickets for November 6th at The Swallow will be arriving from the printers early next week. Anyone living in The Blackpool & Fylde Coast area will be able to purchase & collect them from me. Please email me at

soulfuldancemusic@yahoo.co.uk

for details of payment & where to obtain them etc

Ticket Information for November 6th at The Swallow

Enquiries - 07826038256

Advance Ticket Payment (£10.00 each) via paypal - dimondivas@aol.com

Hotel Room Reservations 01772 877351 (Quote Blackpool Mecca for discount)

People living in the Fylde & Preston area can pick them up from me in person (I live in St Annes but work in Preston) - email soulfuldancemusic@yahoo.co.uk to arrange this.

Cheers

Andy

Edited by epic

One of the highlight gigs to be announced this year and any year in my humble opinion

i cant wait for this night

its been great fun listing discovering and listening to the music on facebook and very funny too

friends made and people who hadnt been on the scene for a while making their way back

a brilliant venue and in stewart wennen they have a guy who can bring a superb sound system to do the music justice

try and join in the fun on facebook and the blackpool mecca appreciation society group

nearly 2500 tracks already posted and an excel spreadsheet to list them all too lol

cracking dj line up and a wealth of great music to programme from guys who were there and still bringing the spirit of that music to their contemporary gig in St Annesheck out soulful dance @ the weekender on facebook too

add in the legend that is Colin Curtis and you have a classic mecca disco soul funky night

id urge anyone who has a love of the music to get a ticket and not miss out

cheers sean

• 2 weeks later...
Guest madame

Hi, is this replacing the Mecca reunion night at the Norbreck on Sept 11th? I've seen a flyer for it on here, but cant find any other details so was wondering if it was still on. Thanks :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Tickets have now landed on The Fylde Coast £10.00 each) - anybody in the Blackpool, St Annes or Preston area who needs some please email me at

soulfuldancemusic@yahoo.co.uk

Tickets will be available to everyone attending Soulful Dance @ The Langdales Weekender - September 3rd 4th 5th.

Cheers

Andy

If anybody wants to send a cheque & a SAE for tickets my address

is

ANDY LETT

29 CROSBY RD

ST ANNES

LANCASHIRE

FY8 3AD

This forum has had lots of threads about records that should have - could have - or were maybe played in The Highland Room. Bring yourself along to The Swallow Trafalgar on November 6th for the definitive answer. This event is brought to you by the people who were there & still have a passion & pride in what was a very special place.

• 4 weeks later...

A friend of ours (not on Soul Source) is running a coach to The Trafalgar on November 6th.

It will be starting at Thornton & picking up all the way along The Fylde Coast before heading for Samlesbury. Please message me if interested.

Edited by epic

A friend of ours (not on Soul Source) is running a coach to The Trafalgar on November 6th.

It will be starting at Thornton & picking up all the way along The Fylde Coast before heading for Samlesbury. Please message me if interested.

As he would not make a small detour via Wolverhampton we have had to book a couple of rooms at the Hotel, look forward to seeing you on the 6th thumbsup.gif

As he would not make a small detour via Wolverhampton we have had to book a couple of rooms at the Hotel, look forward to seeing you on the 6th thumbsup.gif

Will be great to see you & Carol there Martyn - the sounds are going to be top notch. We hit the ground running at 8.00pm - no warm up tunes - so many records to play - a "proper" last hour set - the only problem is fiitting all this wonderful music in the time we are allowed !!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest souldancer

Just under 5 weeks to go....:thumbsup:

Saturday November 6th - Samlesbury near Preston - It's going to be an amazing atmosphere and fantastic music played on the most powerful, bespoke sound system around, complete with a qualified sound engineer..........nothing less than this wonderful music deserves..........a night of quality all the way.........

This event is capturing so many people's attention - many of whom haven't been out for ages, not wanting to miss this one....

Tickets are flying out...in one's, two's and group bookings. Those still needing them......you can buy them through paypal with Colin Curtis or by cheque to Epic.....e.mail andy.lett@sky.com

It's the one we've wanted for ages and we're counting the days.....

Blackpool Mecca/Highland Room Appreciation Society..........let's 'av yah!!....:D:yes:

Edited by souldancer

More tickets will be arriving on The Fylde Coast this week - don't leave it too late folks - sales have gone bonkers in the last few days.

You will also be able to buy them at SD@ The Langdales on October 23rd.

Spoken to people who I haven't heard from in years this week - they are really looking forward to it - think it is going to be a very special night.

Only a ticket guarantees you entry on the night - "Miss it - Miss out" !!!

• 3 weeks later...

More tickets will be arriving on The Fylde Coast this week - don't leave it too late folks - sales have gone bonkers in the last few days.

You will also be able to buy them at SD@ The Langdales on October 23rd.

Spoken to people who I haven't heard from in years this week - they are really looking forward to it - think it is going to be a very special night.

Only a ticket guarantees you entry on the night - "Miss it - Miss out" !!!

Less than 2 weeks now, really looking forward to it Epic, and catching up with you after all these years thumbsup.gif

Less than 2 weeks now, really looking forward to it Epic, and catching up with you after all these years thumbsup.gif

Lots of people in attendance from all over the world - literally !! I have spoken to people in the last couple of weeks who haven't seen in over 30 years. Great buzz for it here on The Fylde Coast.

So looking forward to seeing you guys again - it's been too long !!!

Colin & the rest of us are so "up" for this night - I am going to The Trafalgar this weekend to sort the final details - over 50 rooms gone & the ticket sales have been "bonkers" these last couple of weeks.

If anyone wants to attend please get in touch ASAP - the tickets will not be around forever !!!!!

Lots of people in attendance from all over the world - literally !! I have spoken to people in the last couple of weeks who haven't seen in over 30 years. Great buzz for it here on The Fylde Coast.

So looking forward to seeing you guys again - it's been too long !!!

Colin & the rest of us are so "up" for this night - I am going to The Trafalgar this weekend to sort the final details - over 50 rooms gone & the ticket sales have been "bonkers" these last couple of weeks.

If anyone wants to attend please get in touch ASAP - the tickets will not be around forever !!!!!

Having just listened to Colin on Soulgang Radio, really wet our appetite for Sat.

IMHO THE BEST SOUL CLUB OF ALL TIME

Dave & Lou.

Guest welshruss

Good luck with this one on Saturday guys (as if you need it ! not). Sorry we cant make,but as you know,we would if we could.

It,ll be a belter i,m sure.Best.......Russ

P.S..........if the "Profs" doing the sound system - Wow even better.

Good luck with this one on Saturday guys (as if you need it ! not). Sorry we cant make,but as you know,we would if we could.

It,ll be a belter i,m sure.Best.......Russ

P.S..........if the "Profs" doing the sound system - Wow even better.

Thanks mate.

Hope to see Sue & you very soon

A&J

xx

Source Advert