Wellingborough All-Dayer - 21St Aug 2010

Hi Kev and Gloria,

Like everyone else has said, Really looking forward to this once again. i can't believe its been a year already. this has got to be the greatest alldayer of the year on the calender and if i remember back to last years it is an event not to be missed. A huge dancefloor great sound rig and great people to make a day to remember. i think there are ten of us coming down from southport way on the friday so will be there bright and early on the sat.

see you in a few weeks

Danny Clegg

post-7322-061711600 1280294039_thumb.jpg

Hi Danny, good to see you last night and looking forward to your spot at Wellingborough next week......:yes:

See you at the Mill tonight....KTF....Willie.:yes:

• Replies 92
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

BintofSoul sister's and JB are really looking forward to this excellent all-dayer:thumbup: . We'll be celebrating my sister's birthday:beer: .

Gloria I can't believe your sister Jean works for the same organistion as me! We have just done a piece of work together. Small world!

Nicki XXX

Hi Nicki,

It really is a small world, Jean comes out with us when she comes to visit but can't make the All dayer this year as it is our Dad's Birthday the next day.

Jean said you did Torquay, we were there as always (one of my favourites)

So come and find me when you get to the Alldayer and say hello it would be nice to put a face to the name.

KTF

Gloria

Really looking forward to playing some of our fave chill out lesser played items on Friday night and hope there is something in the mix for everyone.

We will enjoy them for sure , chill out sessions are never "work" they are unadulterated pleasure, really nice of you to ask us to indulge on this one Kev and share our many passions.

Edited by Carms

Yes everywhere ive been this weekend seems most are coming down/up to Welly Next weekend!!

And YES Gloria ,,,, ive already put THAT record in the playbox!! lol!!:thumbup:

Looking forward to to seeing everyone and hearing some Boss Tunage!

Was with Ted Massey yesterday,,, he hes really up for next weekend!!

Heres to a goodn:thumbup:

Nige B

Looking forward to to seeing everyone and hearing some Boss Tunage!

Nige B

hi nige

lots of talk about this night at the cracker..look fwd to meeting up

regards moldie

Bar & Food

Bar Times

Main Bar 11am till 11pm

Bottle/Can Bar 6pm till 930pm

Food

Bar Meals 12 till 5.30pm

BBQ 6pm till 9.30pm

--------------------------------

All-Dayer CD

We have made 100 all-dayer CDs which come with a car sticker & badge, the cd is a mixture of Northern, Modern, RnB, 60s 70s, & underplayed.

The cost is £5.00 with every penny being split and going to Cransley Hospice & Maxicare Dogs Home.

The cd will be on sale Friday night, if you cannot make Friday night and would like a cd please pm or email me and i will save you one for Saturday.

Thank you

Kev

Hi Mrs Soul,

Be great if you can make it, you will be made very welcome.

Sorry we don't reserve tickets as on the day it is pay otd, but you can buy on-line from our website upto 2200 on the Friday 20th and pick them up from the Castle box office on the Saturday, or you could order through Ted as i will see him Tomorrow night.

Kev

Thankyou..we are coming and Teds got our tickets, so will be seeing you sat:thumbsup:

Hi Kev & Gloria Not long to go now , have been looking forward to this one for ages......

Good crowd of us coming down early from the Red Rose County

See you Friday....... Willie.... :thumbsup:

PS Will I need my shades, Now't but rain up here.

Hi Willie,

Will be great to see all the crowd again from the Red Rose County, weather dry down here at the moment so fingers crossed for weekend see you all Friday :thumbsup:

Kev & Gloria

Hi Willie,

Will be great to see all the crowd again from the Red Rose County, weather dry down here at the moment so fingers crossed for weekend see you all Friday :thumbsup:

Kev & Gloria

Hi Kev & Gloria,

i hope its dry and sunny aswell coz all it seems to do up north is rain and yet we still have a hose pipe ban. makes no sence. lol. really really excited about this weekend now. treated myself to some nice new gems for this weekend. cant wait

see you on friday

Danny Clegg

K.T.F

May i remind everybody that down the road in Coventry on the Friday night is the MOVE ON RARE SOUL night with a fantastic DJ line up and you will be made very welcome by the organisers, so if you in the area please pop in and show your support.

MOVE ON RARE SOUL CLUB

FRIDAY 20th AUGUST

£5 On the door

8pm - 1am

DJs

Karl Heard

Johnny Fingers

Ady Cope

Adam Topping

Matt Male

Coventry Sports Connexion

Leamington Road

Ryton On Dunsmore

Coventry

CV8 3FL

Thanks

Kev

Edited by southandnorth

May i remind everybody that down the road in Coventry on the Friday night is the MOVE ON RARE SOUL night with a fantastic DJ line up and you will be made very welcome by the organisers, so if you in the area please pop in and show your support.

MOVE ON RARE SOUL CLUB

FRIDAY 20th AUGUST

£5 On the door

8pm - 1am

DJs

Karl Heard

Johnny Fingers

Ady Cope

Adam Topping

Matt Male

Coventry Sports Connexion

Leamington Road

Ryton On Dunsmore

Coventry

CV8 3FL

Thanks

Kev

Thanks very much Kev for posting up those details for me :thumbsup:. As Kev has said you'll be warmly welcomed by myself and Matt if you decide to make the short trip from Welligborough on Friday night. 'Move On' is very much aimed at those wanting to hear something a little different. We play mainly up-tempo (dancers, each and every one!) soul, funk and RnB mainly 60s stuff but with a large dollop of quality 70s as well. Lesser knowns/under played/rare along with current niter spins is the Move On recipe, there are a few classics thrown in but not many....so whilst we welcome everyone who comes to us, I want people to enjoy their night out and if you want a night of classic oldies then that's not us :thumbsup:

The events thread for Move On is here:

Thanks again to Kev and look forward to seeing some of you there,

Adam.

Hi Kev & Gloria,

i hope its dry and sunny aswell coz all it seems to do up north is rain and yet we still have a hose pipe ban. makes no sence. lol. really really excited about this weekend now. treated myself to some nice new gems for this weekend. cant wait

see you on friday

Danny Clegg

K.T.F

Hi Danny,

Poured down this afternoon but the sun is out now, can't wait to hear your set again, the shop This or Die Clothes with soul for men & women has now moved from Oxford St to London Road only 2 mins walk from the Castle if you can let the crowd know as they were on about visting it, the link for the shop is https://www.thisordie.co.uk/1.htm

See you all Friday.

Kev

Looks like an extensive dj line up thumbsup.gif just one critisism , seems a shame that Len Dopson is side lined to the smaller room for an early spot, considering He graced us in Northants with 13 years of quality Soul nights at the Embankment Club Wellingboro. Any one attending not heard a Lenny spot then get yourself along :lol:

Looks like an extensive dj line up thumbsup.gif just one critisism , seems a shame that Len Dopson is side lined to the smaller room for an early spot, considering He graced us in Northants with 13 years of quality Soul nights at the Embankment Club Wellingboro. Any one attending not heard a Lenny spot then get yourself along :lol:

Thank you for your comments Jem, yes i have every respect for Lenny that is why i have worked with Len on times at the all-dayer because his family are over for his little boys birthday party, also agree if you have not heard Len please go and listen.

Kev

DJ Times:

Studio Room

1030 Paddy Rozier

1115 Danny Clegg

1200 Joe Dean & Dereck Chandler

1245 Carms

1330 Nige Brown

1415 J Allsorts

1500 Keith Minshull

1545 Dave Rimmer

1630 Sean Chapman

1715 Len Dopson

1800 Moldie

1845 Kev Such

1930 Nidge

2020 John McClure

2110 D Higham

2210 Rob Smith

2310 Steve Towers

Kev

These side rooms are ideal for everyone to have a free reign and play what they want. I'm looking forward to hearing what Sean Chapman comes up with in this room as I know (Like lots of DJ's) When he's in the main rooms he has a job to do that doesn't really give the freedom to play certain tunes. I know he will enjoy playing stuff that he normally wouldn't get chance to play. He used to play some nice 70's in the early days of The Embankment Club. Also John McClure has some lovely stuff to play.

See you all Sat (Maybe Friday at The Dog 'n' Duck)

Len.

"I am playing the right records, but not necessarily in the right order!!!"

Edited by LEN

These side rooms are ideal for everyone to have a free reign and play what they want. I'm looking forward to hearing what Sean Chapman comes up with in this room as I know (Like lots of DJ's) When he's in the main rooms he has a job to do that doesn't really give the freedom to play certain tunes. I know he will enjoy playing stuff that he normally wouldn't get chance to play. He used to play some nice 70's in the early days of The Embankment Club. Also John McClure has some lovely stuff to play.

See you all Sat (Maybe Friday at The Dog 'n' Duck)

Len.

Hi Len,

We are not meeting at the Dog 'n' Duck, we have the Studio room at the Castle open 7.30pm till Midnight, hope you can make it, looking forward to your Birthday Bash in September, great DJ line up.

Kev

Hi Len,

We are not meeting at the Dog 'n' Duck, we have the Studio room at the Castle open 7.30pm till Midnight, hope you can make it, looking forward to your Birthday Bash in September, great DJ line up.

Kev

Doh! - That would of been a lonely pint! lol. Forgot about that, yes see you in The Studio Room Friday evening.

Len.

not long now...hope all the djs have confirmed..looking fwd to hearing some great toons

moldie

Hi moldie

I have defiantly confimed my place, i loved this event last year and cant wait for this one, i'm so excited. its gona be a great turn out i can feel it, i think there are around 15 of us coming from Southport and Preston wayy.

see you at the weekend

Danny Clegg

k.T.F

Hi moldie

I have defiantly confimed my place, i loved this event last year and cant wait for this one, i'm so excited. its gona be a great turn out i can feel it, i think there are around 15 of us coming from Southport and Preston wayy.

see you at the weekend

Danny Clegg

k.T.F

hi danny

look fwd to meeting up..im excited too...its gonna be a great weekend for me

regards moldie

Guest outonthefloor

Think we will be bringing a few from Essex to this.

Ted Massey was amazing at Solid Hits this month, so really excited to hear what he will be spinning on Sat.

Looking forward to hearing the gorgeous Sean Chapman, Dave Rimmer and all the usual favs too, plus all me great mates of course xxx

See you there :thumbsup:

Helen xxxx

Guest bury masonic

Cant wait for this one Kev: :lol::wave:

Records sorted,bags packed,roll on Saturday!!!!!!

Dereck,Sheila,Ian & Rita :boxing:

Bury Masonic Soul Club

Edited by bury masonic

Guest aaz19tdi

Itching for this start now, might see you tomorrow Kev but dont want to ware my self out friday for saturday and i wont be able to sit still with who,s playing fridaythumbsup.gif

Really looking forward to this.Missed last years due to holiday. the venue looks absolutely spot on for a soul shin-dig.As witth any great two room event you have to decide which room and when. At 20.20 im in a quandary.....so Mr Mcclure can you play Dennis Edwards at 20.30 and Mr Massey Ray Agee at 20.45 :no: j & p

Really looking forward to this.Missed last years due to holiday. the venue looks absolutely spot on for a soul shin-dig.As witth any great two room event you have to decide which room and when. At 20.20 im in a quandary.....so Mr Mcclure can you play Dennis Edwards at 20.30 and Mr Massey Ray Agee at 20.45 :yes: j & p

You will be in luck, just going through the DJ list and Ted & John will not be on at the same time, will post revised list later today.

Kev

:yes:

Think we will be bringing a few from Essex to this.

Ted Massey was amazing at Solid Hits this month, so really excited to hear what he will be spinning on Sat.

Looking forward to hearing the gorgeous Sean Chapman, Dave Rimmer and all the usual favs too, plus all me great mates of course xxx

See you there :yes:

Helen xxxx

Hi Helen, be great to see you Saturday, yes we were with Ted last Saturday at the Cracker played a fantastic set.

See you Sat. :thumbup::thumbsup:

Kev & Gloria

Guest alfroggy

Well the day has finally arrived and heading down to Wellingborough alldayer really looking forward to this weekend..

Thanks Kev & Gloria for the opening of the venue this evening looking forward to seeing you both and the rest Northampton Crew

Dave Jane Steve Andy Sam not forgetting the rest of the Soulies see ya's all later...

From the Northwest Crew

.......Froggy Rita Willie Sue Chris Carol Sue Rod and Danny.....

GREENLANDS CLUB [ PRESTON LANCASHIRE ]

2ND FRIDAY OF EACH MONTH

NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

o say, this i

I think this is the best Alldayer in the country, great venue too!!:yes::thumbsup::yes:

Have to say, this all-dayer does actually work. I usually frown when I see an all-dayer advertised as normally no one turns up till the evening and I think what's the point? Last year I popped down on the way home from work at 10.30am still in my steel toe cap boots (Yes, yes - improved my dancing dramatically!) I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of folk that had made the effort to get there for that time and were dancing (Unless, they were just carrying on from the night before!) lol

Both rooms have no outside windows, so are nice and dark / atmospheric, you feel like it's evening anyway.

See you all at the dance!

Len.

"I wouldn't be where I am today without my Sat-Nav!"

not long now...hope all the djs have confirmed..looking fwd to hearing some great toons

moldie

Hi Moldie,

Yes everthing now sorted, shame Mick could not make it.

Advanced tickets can still be bought on-line in the website untill 2200 tonight, or you can get them from Gloria tonight at the Castle.

Revised DJ times

Main Room

1030 J Allsorts

1110 Steve Towers

1200 Nige Brown & Carms

1300 Dennis Hyde

1400 Johnny Briggs

1500 Danny Clegg

1550 Big Al & Yocky

1650 Little Scotty

1740 Kev Such & Moldie

1840 Dave Rimmer

1930 Keith Minshull

2020 Nige Brown

2110 Paul Donnelly

2210 Ted Massey

2300 Sean Chapman

Studio Room

1030 Paddy Rozier

1115 Danny Clegg

1200 Joe Dean & Dereck Chandler

1245 Moldie & Kev Such

1345 J Allsorts

1430 Keith Minshull

1515 Dave Rimmer

1600 Nige Brown & Carms

1645 Sean Chapman

1730 Ted Massey

1815 Len Dopson

1915 Nidge

2010 John McClure

2110 D Higham

2210 Rob Smith

2310 Steve Towers

See you all tonight or tomorrow and have a safe Journey.

Kev & Gloria

as far as I know, me and woody are in the car with Ted, plus Dave Rimmergirl, and also Weston, although Ted may leave me at the road side, as I missed his name of our flyers:lol:

so its gonna be a little cramped, and just so you boys know, ha I,m sitting in the front:yes:

lou:thumbsup:

Guest kev such

looking forward to doubling up with Moldie in both rooms.

I hope the Castle have got enough beer and glasses to put it in because it looks like they're going to need a lot tomorrow.

• 11 months later...

I will be having a bit of this and only an hour up the road, it should get ya warmed up tracking the Dj of your choice via the bar .

See ya on the dance floor.

Irish

if your only an hour up the rd how come your a year late posting in this thread...its now 2011

regards moldie lolololol

Source Advert