Keb Darge/paul Weller Cd - Mixing It Up

Recently bought the Keb Darge/Paul Weller CD – Lost &Found…..

Half the tracks I knew were northern & the other half I didn't.

Turns outthe tracks I didn't know were (I'm now advised) rockabilly – which surprised me as I thought they were boogie – woogie?

Any way its an excellent CD & I assume that Keb would play a similar 50/50 split at his Madam Jo-Jo residency?

That's a fairly bold policy & was just wondering if anybody else is successfully mixing northern up with something unusual.

Edited by Soulsmith
Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

This album currently available on the BBE website for only £4.

Also all the other BBE stuff is half price for a limited time so be quick if there's anything that catches your eye.

My recomendation is the Get Down With The Philly Sound double album that has been remixed by Dimitri from Paris. Total bargain at only £6 so fill ya boots ya horrible lot LOL.

https://www.bbemusic.com/data.pl

Social source share

Recently bought the Keb Darge/Paul Weller CD - Lost &Found.....

Half the tracks I knew were northern & the other half I didn't.

Turns outthe tracks I didn't know were (I'm now advised) rockabilly - which surprised me as I thought they were boogie - woogie?

Any way its an excellent CD & I assume that Keb would play a similar 50/50 split at his Madam Jo-Jo residency?

That's a fairly bold policy & was just wondering if anybody else is successfully mixing northern up with something unusual.

When I was still living in London I organised gigs for about 2 years with Indie/Mod/Britpop bands and at the aftershow club ``Stereotonic`` we played Northern Soul, Indie, Punk, Funk, Beat, 60's Pop, RnB, Ska, Powerpop, RnR, Reggae....!!! Great fun!!!! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!