The Northern Line, Warrington

JUST GOT BACK FROM A GREAT NIGHT AT THE NORTHERN LINE, WARRINGTON. SOME GREAT TUNES PLAYED BY ALL THE DJ's ALL NIGHT. FULL HOUSE AGAIN FOR THE THIRD TIME RUNNING!! WELL DONE CHRIS AND THE BOYS!!!! :P UNFORTUNATELY JUST BEFORE WE WHERE DUE TO LEAVE SOME HAM SHANKER INSULTED MY OTHER HALF !! BUT YOU ALWAYS GET SOME HAIR BRAINED WEENY TRYING TO SPOIL THE NIGHT!! DON'T YOU?? FORTUNATELY FOR HIM SHE WOULD NOT SAY WHAT WENT ON UNTIL WE WHERE LEAVING AND YOU DON'T ALWAYS WANT TO CAUSE TROUBLE ESPECIALLY WHEN A GOOD FRIEND IS TRYING TO BUILD UP A VENUE!! BUT I MUST SAY THESE SMALL MINDED, SMALL D#CK#D NO BA##ED IDIOTS SHOULD LEARN TO TREAT LADIES WITH A LITTLE RESPECT AND NOT AS SOME KIND OF OBJECT TO TAKE OUT THERE FRUSTRATIONS ON!! BUY A MAG OFF THE TOP SHELF AND TAKE IT OUT ON THAT!! :lol: JOHN

• Replies 6
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

What a great nite myself & Jane had Sat not many venues can fill up by 9pm these days, when we arrived at 7-40pm there where about 50 soulies already in

and by 10pm when i dj,d the place was rammed great to see so many folk enjoying themselves, the promoters look like they have hit the right formula for a successful soul nite here in Warrington long may it continue... Great Music creates a good nite out and boy everyone looked happy by the end ( apart from John and his beautiful lady Helen

who had a verbal with a empty yed ). My best buddy Big Phil T travelled down and picked up a few good tunes at bargain prices from the sales boxes and its always a pleasure to be in the company of one of my old friends and ex supreme rare soul collecter and local Warrington lad Geoff Boardman those good old days hey Geoff

All in All a good nite spent in the company of really nice soulies ..Thanks Chris & Co for inviting me to spin a few tunes...............

Love , Peace & Happiness Always

Ian Cunliffe & Jane

x x

This is just a quick note to say a massive 'thank you' to everyone who attended The Northern Line on Saturday 24th July (apologies for not getting the 'write-up' posted sooner). We're still pinching ourselves because we continue to be overwhelmed by support we have received; we don't just mean the sheer number of people who attended, we are also referring to the kind words and positive feedback so may of you took the time to share with us.

We're getting the hang of setting the room out and putting the equipment together (a big thanks to John Skellam who helped us in the afternoon and for the loan of the lamp to replace the one I'd inadvertently left at home) and we managed to get 'set up' within a couple of hours.

We arrived at just after 7pm in readiness for the 7.30pm start and, true to form, Dave & Jo from Stockport had arrived before us (they have a 100% record of arriving at the venue before we do). They were closely followed by a large contingent of early arrivals and, as had happened at our previous two events, over 100 had arrived before 9pm.

Between Moz, Biff and myself we've been using a rota system until our Guest DJ graces the decks and this month saw Moz take the 7.30pm - 8.20pm spot, Biff played until 9.15pm and I spun the plastic until 10pm. Both Moz and John tried out a number of lesser played tunes and I for one was really pleased at how 'fresh' many of them sounded...I suspect a number of them may feature in later spots at future events. Our playlists will be posted shortly.

Our special Guest DJ was Ian Cunliffe and his hour of rarities and classics between 10pm and 11pm ensured a great dance floor reaction and a well earned 'vote of thanks' from everyone (especially Biff, Moz and myself). By the time Ian began his set we were virtually full and it was great to be able to have such a large crowd share Ian's spot. Ian's playlist is as follows:

Change Your Ways - Willie Kendricks

You Didn't Say A Word - Yvonne Baker

Sweet Magic - The Servicemen

Naughty Boy - Jackie Day

I Still Can't Get To You - Joseph More

Sugar - The Isonics

I'm The Man - Albert Washington

Charles Sheffield - Voodoo Working

Do You Think That's Right - Judy Clay

I'm A Big Man - Big Daddy Rodgers

Soul Self Satisfaction - Earl Jackson

Crying Over You - Duke Browner

Ain't That Right - Brice Cofield

I'm Not Strong Enough - The Four Perfections

They'll Never Know Why - Freddie Chavez

If You Ever Walked Out Of My Life - Dena Barnes

What Can I Do - George Kirby

Just Because - Pat & The Blenders

I'll Come Running Back - Delegates of Soul

My Hang Up Is You - Skull Snaps

I Just Can't Live My Life - Linda Jones

Girl Across The Street - Moses Smith

Peace Lovin' Man - Emanuel Laskey

After a full floor and great 'buzz' over Ian's spot it was over to Moz, Biff and myself to take us through to the last record at 12.30pm. Dance floor reaction suggests that we managed to keep the momentum that had been building during the evening and the kind comments that were made as people left the venue further reinforced that the blend of music, the atmosphere created and the venue itself seemed to 'tick the boxes' and made for a happy audience (which after all is what it's all about).

We'll post the remaining playlists in the next day or so, but in the meantime please accept our sincere thanks for your support...it really is appreciated.

Chris

Hi One & all,

Sorry we missed this one, sounds as if we missed out on another cracker up in Warrington due to work? commitments. Hope to see you all next time,

Cheers Alan & Pat Carter (Wolverhampton)

Hi Alan & Pat,

I sympathise...work plays havoc with what's left of my social life too!

Hopefully we'll see you again in September.

Regds

Chris

Hi Folks,

Apologies for not being able to post my playlist from Saturday 24th sooner; work commitments have kept me away from home and from the site.

I can't remember the exact order in which I played these and know that I played a few more than are listed below...they say it's the short term memory that goes first!

Benny Troy - I Wanna Give You Tomorrow

Carol Anderson - Sad Girl

Paul Thompson - Special Kind Of Woman

Soul Communicators - The Lonely Nights

Major Lance - You Don't Want Me No More (request)

Little Tommy - Baby Can't You See (request)

Donna King - Take Me Home (request)

Yum Yums - Gonna Be A Big Thing

Ben E King - I Can't Break The News To Myself (request)

Al Williams - I Am Nothing (request)

The Tomangoe's - I Really Love You

Betty Turner - The Winds Kept Laughing

Tony Middleton - To The Ends Of The Earth (request)

George Blackwell - Can't Lose My Head

Cookie Jackson - Do You Still Love Me

The 5 Royales - Catch That Teardrop

Paulette - Love You Babe

Adams Apples - Don't Take It Out On This World (request)

The Moments - You Said

The Phonetics - Just A Boy's Dream

The Tempests - Someday (request)

I managed to play most of the requests I was asked for during my 9.20pm - 10.00pm 'spot' and in the last 1 ½ hours I shared with John and Moz. For those I simply couldn't fit in, I'll do my level best to play them next time.

Due to the rotation system we use I'll be taking the 7.30pm - 8.20pm slot during our next event on 25th September and I hope to be able to play a good selection of lesser know and less frequently played tunes as John and Moz had been able to do this time around. Dependant on feedback and reaction I'm hoping that a few of the tunes I propose to play 'early doors' might make their way into 'later spots' in 2011.

I hope that musically there was something for everyone on the night and until next time thank you once again for your support.

Chris

As Chris has already said, thanks again for everyones support it was yet another packer.

Thanks to Ian for doing a fabulous spot and keeping the floor full throughout.

Heres some of what I played.

I really do need to write things down, the old brain cells arent as good as they used to be..

Edwin Starr - I Just Wanted To Cry

Jackie Wilson - Open The Door To your Heart

Jimmy Soul Clark - I'll Be Your Winner

Baby Earl & Trinidad's -Back Slop

Sonny Til - Hey Little Woman

Wilson Pickett - Let Me Be Your Boy

Jimmy Hughes - It Aint What You Got

Jive Five - If I Had A Chance To Love You

Garland Green - Girl I Love You

Porgy & The Monarchs - Hey Girl

Marjorie Black- One More Hurt

Bobby Sheen - Doctor Love