Va Va Voom

Well, after the palava of losing my wallet and finding it again Karen and I had a fabbo time last night. Took a little longer to warm up to a creshendo than the previous ones, but hit fever pitch half way through Mark Forests spot (and what a spot it was - superb). Good to see so many of the usual reprobates enjoying themselves. All in all a very enjoyable evening and I bet Yann's feeling it this morning :lol:

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Absolutely brilliant night, the music I most enjoy hearing and loads of my friends. Rbman and Pete Bennett came to my house and we got a taxi up there, were almost the first in.

All the DJs did great sets, enjoyed Marc Forrest's two sets, never seen him play before, loads of tunes new to me, and of course Arthur Fenn just banged out great tune after great tune. It would be nice if the DJs couid post their playlists. The three regulars kept up the high standard. The music at Va Va Voom is just the sort of music I want to hear, nice mix of sounds.

I danced more than for a long time, feet felt it at the end of the night.

Arthur came back with us and slept off the night at my place. I got to bed at about 5.30, Martin and Pete were flaked out in my front room, not sure what time they left. Hope we didn't disturb my neighbours playing a few records when we got in, tried to keep it quiet as I'm a considerate person, or like to think I am.

Well done all concerned, looking forward to the next one on 9 October and thanks to the DJs. Oh yes, thanks for the CD.

Thanks to Arthur & Marc for their great spots & to all who supported us on Saturday.

Musically I thought it was a great night. It was a bit quieter than normal but apparently other venues were quiet too, start of the holiday season could be the reason. Still it was a good night & everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Thanks too to Yann for getting there on time & sorting everything(unlike me)!

And to Joel for his hard work especially the Cd, which is rather good if I say so myself!

And to Jet for her sterling job on the door.

Good to see all our regulars, friends & some new folk too, hope you all enjoyed it & hopefully see you on 16th October(not 9th btw Geoff :hatsoff2:).

Thanks too to Warren, Geoff, Arthur for their kind words.

Cheers,

Ady

BIG thanks to Marc & Arthur for their superb sets.....you couldn't ask for better soul 45s!

Great to meet you at last Marc, many thanks for making it over, was a pleasure to hear your work :hatsoff2:

Thanks to all the regulars who made it down as well, (and to Iu and Paz our Spanish contingent) see you in October :thumbsup:

Edited by corbett80

After Karina and me nearly managed to continue what is almost some sort of tradition for us when visiting London (missing the plane that is LOL!) I arrived back home after what was something special indeed. It was great to have had the chance to spin some tunes at VAVAVOOM and I must say I almost felt like being home and that is not only because the venue is located in the backroom of one pub (just like the Hip City). Top venue and top punters, Joel, Ady and Yann top blokes, DJ`s and promoters and Yann and Kim two lovely hosts, so thanks for everything big style!

It was also great to have met so many old and new friends and have had the chance to enjoy a talk here and there.

London can be very happy to have clubs like the 100 and VaVaVoom! Great music, great people and fantatsic music!

Thanks for teh appreciative words vereybody, hopefully see you all very soon again!

Marc

NB

glad you got your wallet back Warren, was surprised someone did understand my announcement over the mic as Yann was trying his very best to keep me served with Johnnie Wlaker while my spot LOL!

Guest Ollie Lailey

Gutted i ended up missing this one. A combination of too much to eat and drink at lunch, and a bit of a cash-flow problem to blame for that.

But we have always got next time!

Sorry for taking so long to write a review, as Warren said, I did feel it yesterday LOL.

The music and the company were excellent!!!

It was a great pleasure to Welcome you Marc for the first time, love the "Two other Kind" acetate almost Accapela version that you spun. And Thanks to Arthur to his Superb Sets...Quality Quality Quality!!!!

We will be back on the 16th of October for more VaVaVoom action!!!!

Thanks to you all for your support making this night a great success!!!!!

PS: Karina lost a Pair of Red Glasses, so if by any chance you found them, please get it touch!!!

Yann thumbsup.gif

VAVAVOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!

https://web.me.com/yannvatiste/Va-Va-Voom/Welcome.html

It was a great pleasure to Welcome you Marc for the first time, love the "Two other Kind" acetate almost Accapela version that you spun.

Its nice, isn`t it ? Its by Barrett Strong and does feature the very first version of the later by Wade Flemons on Ramsel released tune. Love that shouted "Sing it the way you feel Barrett" intro at the start of it. Ah, well...

Guest BintofSoul

BintofSoul sister's, JB, Trevor and Bryan had a fantastic night:thumbsup: . Great music, fabulous gorgeous soulful peeps and a great venue! Can't wait for the next one.

Nicki XXX