Sonic Soul - July 24Th

Guest Northern PhanTom

Guest Northern PhanTom

"Lutterworth" is a "Sleepy Hollow" of a town when it comes to soul orientated residents as far as I know, there are none, and In the past I've bemoaned the fact that Sonic Soul has had limited support from surrounding towns and cities, relying on travelling soulies from places such as Gloucester, Kings Lynn, Nottingham, Doncaster, Huntingdon, Loughborough, Peterborough, Stamford, Spalding, Derby, Oxford, Banbury....I could go on.

But will have to draw a line through those comments after last night, we asked for local support and we got it!!! Nuneaton, Hinckley, Leicester, Rugby, Coventry, Market Harborough, Kettering, Rushden, Corby & Northants soulies were all represented, plus travelling support and wow did they have a have good time! Which is what we are all about, at "Sonic".

As for the music no one can complain this was not a true an "Across the Board Night" 60's /70's / Rare and not so rare just good quality dance tunes on original vinyl.

As per usual thought all the DJ's played cracking sets and mixed it up a treat, all competent on the mic without being overly excessive, which is just what you want.

Requests were imo well catered for and well mixed in with DJ selected plays as not to create an up and down flow to the night, which is intelligent spinning.

Don't think not having bar facilities was an issue last night with everyone able to bring their own favourite tipple, whether it is alcoholic or soft drink.

As usual now to the thank you's

DJ's

Eddie Hubbard

Mark Freeman

Matt Bates

Moldie

Ralph Forster

Equipment

Ralph (Big thanks for helping us out at short notice, with myself not being able to drive at the moment and bring ours)

Therese for all her help and support

Matt, Tim, Ralph & Therese for packing away and cleaning up

Best part of the night for me (when we had packed away and were ready to go) we had the "Sonic" group "Hug" which bonds the commitment and effort that goes into running this event.

See you next month

Tom

Edited by Northern PhanTom
  • Replies 67
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

"Lutterworth" is a "Sleepy Hollow" of a town when it comes to soul orientated residents as far as I know, there are none, and In the past I've bemoaned the fact that Sonic Soul has had limited support from surrounding towns and cities, relying on travelling soulies from places such as Gloucester, Kings Lynn, Nottingham, Doncaster, Huntingdon, Loughborough, Peterborough, Stamford, Spalding, Derby, Oxford, Banbury....I could go on.

But will have to draw a line through those comments after last night, we asked for local support and we got it!!! Nuneaton, Hinckley, Leicester, Rugby, Coventry, Market Harborough, Kettering, Rushden & Northants soulies were all represented, and boy do they know how to have good time. This is what we are all about at "Sonic"

As for the music no one can complain this was not a true an "Across the Board Night" 60's /70's / Rare and not so rare just good quality dance tunes on original vinyl.

As per usual thought all the DJ's played cracking sets and mixed it up a treat, all competent on the mic without being overly excessive, which just what you want.

Requests were imo well catered for and well mixed in with DJ selected plays as not to create an up and down flow to the night, which is intelligent spinning.

Don't think not having bar facilities was an issue last night with everyone able to bring their own favourite tipple, whether it is alcoholic or soft drink.

DJ's

Eddie Hubbard

Mark Freeman

Matt Bates

Moldie

Ralph Forster

Equipment

Ralph (Big thanks for helping us out at short notice, with myself not being able to drive at the moment and bring ours)

Best part of the night for me (when we have packed away and ready to go the "Sonic" group "Hug" which bonds the commitment and effort that goes into running this event)

See you next month

Tom

So pleased that you had a great night Tom :lol:

See you at the Stables this Saturday. :hatsoff2:

JB x x x

Guest Matt Male

Had a great time Tom. A few more in makes all the difference, as Adam and i know well, and the atmosphere has picked up nicely at Sonic to go along with the cracking venue and excellent music policy.

Matt Bates as ever always plays stuff i wish i owned and again last night another went on my wants list, never heard Modlie before but blimey what a collection, rarity after rarity of quality from him, Eddie as always super sophisticated rarely played soul and Ralph always different, not forgetting Mark and a few long forgotten oldies (what was that rare instrumental?) alongside the classics.

All in all a great mix of DJs, great company and chats, and brilliant to meet Moldie and Claire for the first time.

Another quality soul night that i'd recommend to anyone. Well done Tom. :thumbsup:

Guest Northern PhanTom

So pleased that you had a great night Tom :thumbup:

See you at the Stables this Saturday. :shades:

JB x x x

Thanks for the vocal support Helen, as I know you couldn't make this one. :thumbsup:

Tom wink.gif

Guest Northern PhanTom

Had a great time Tom. A few more in makes all the difference, as Adam and i know well, and the atmosphere has picked up nicely at Sonic to go along with the cracking venue and excellent music policy.

Matt Bates as ever always plays stuff i wish i owned and again last night another went on my wants list, never heard Modlie before but blimey what a collection, rarity after rarity of quality from him, Eddie as always super sophisticated rarely played soul and Ralph always different, not forgetting Mark and a few long forgotten oldies (what was that rare instrumental?) alongside the classics.

All in all a great mix of DJs, great company and chats, and brilliant to meet Moldie and Claire for the first time.

Another quality soul night that i'd recommend to anyone. Well done Tom. :thumbsup:

Hope you don't mind me saying Matt and not because of your kind refreshing comments but you do write some well presented posts, which I note that on more than several occasions on this site have earned yourself praise for being "well put". In my opinion it reflects the qualities you have as a person who is a genuine, decent honest bloke and we are proud and honoured at Sonic to have you and Adam at Move On as neighbouring promoters. :shades:

Not the busiest night we have had this year (although still respectable) but what did warm my heart was that we had excellent support for the first time from local soulies and I thank you all, for at last giving us a try. :thumbup:

As you well know from Move On its humbling when peeps are prepared to travel some times hundreds of miles in a round trip to support your event but what happens when there is an equally as good do in their own area which they normally attend, on the same night/weekend? You know numbers are going to be low adding in an all nighter/weekender into the equation and it's a struggle.

You can't beat a nucleus of good local support and after last night I'm hoping more soulies from our catchment area will hear what we are about and make us a regular event on their soul calendar. smile.gif

All the Best

Tom wink.gif

Guest Northern PhanTom

bobs band - lockes theme...

Julius Wechter - Along Comes Mary :thumbsup:

Did it for me Mark :thumbup:

Thanks for a rousing last hour hypo.gif

Tom :shades:

First time I'd been to Sonic Soul but hopefully won't be the last ...

Arrived & was greeted by Tom & a lovely smile ..Thanku u made me feel very welcome ..

Loved the venue & the dance floor was great ..

The music was superb all night as was the company ...

Eddie & Emma & Matt was great to meet you for the first time & really hoping to see you all again soon ...

Kev always love seeing you tho missed Karen as she wasn't too well ... ( chin up chick , not long till Cracker !! )

& lastly to my friend Moldie who drove all those extra miles to come pick me up & take me home again ..

& all the price of a bowl of jelly & a ham sarnie !! ... Thanku you're a true gent ...

Hope I made the grade as your groupie & carried your records nicely !! ha ha ...

If you haven't been to this venue then as the others have said please go try it , you really won't be disappointed ..

Claire xxx

Edited by Claire S
Guest ruffsounds

Another great night at Sonic imo with the underrated Matt Bates doing the bizz as always and Moldie i'm so envious of the stuff he was pulling out his playbox not only that but he is a genuine top bloke as well :thumbsup: then Banburys own Eddie Hubbard who always plays a blinder along with Mark Wiganer Freeman who always pull something out the bag for you to keep the dancefloor busy, i played my usual mix of well knowns, underplayed and a couple of relatively unknowns but all in all you could'nt fault the music all night.

Tom & Pat are trying hard to make this a top venue and with djs like these then it seems a shame its not better supported but we are determined to get there so for those who have not yet tried us i am sure you will enjoy what we have to offer in cracking tunes played on a good sound system and a great dancefloor, all in all another great night at Lutterworths Sonic Soul.

cheers Ralph

Guest Northern PhanTom

Arrived & was greeted by Tom & a lovely smile ..Thanku u made me feel very welcome ..

Eddie & Emma & Matt was great to meet you for the first time & really hoping to see you all again soon ...

Kev always love seeing you tho missed Karen as she wasn't too well ... ( chin up chick , not long till Cracker !! )

& lastly to my friend Moldie who drove all those extra miles to come pick me up & take me home again ..

& all the price of a bowl of jelly & a ham sarnie !! ... Thanku you're a true gent ...

Hope I made the grade as your groupie & carried your records nicely !! ha ha ...

If you haven't been to this venue then as the others have said please go try it , you really won't be disappointed ..

Claire xxx

Claire what a charming polite lady you are. :thumbsup:

Thank you for your comments and travelling down from Newark to attend Sonic Soul. :thumbup:

Sorry we didn't get much chance to chat more during the evening as I was on door duty and when I did make it upstairs for the last hour or so my temporary insanity (double vision) meant I pretty much stayed put because of the low lighting in the main room. Although did have one or two dances in the dark. :(

You are always welcome back at Sonic Soul yes.gif (with or without "The Mold") :shades:

Regards

Tom wink.gif

i left at 1pm to pick up claire from newark and within 30 minutes was in a large traffic jam and even after this eventually

cleared progree was slow after hitting the luton section of the M1....after four and a half hours i finally pulled into

claires drive and was greeted with a smile...cup of tea and a plate of jelly and tinned milk....heaven..after some ham rolls

and a freshen up it was off to the venue

the venue itself was very easy to find and after a very warm welcome from tom and theresa we made our way upstairs to find

ralph and matt the two resident djs...both very nice chaps indeed

it was very nice to find the venue was spotless throughout including the toilets...something not always checked at other venues

its always nice to play out at a new venue and all the better when the promoters are as nice as tom and theresa..........

ralph was on the decks first and boy did i enjoy his set...real nice mixture of tunes and matts set had me looking too and

straight on ebay when i got in

i took over at 9pm and after djing at soul cake the week before had left those tunes locked away and must admit i did play

a few tunes for me but had a few dancers so i was pleased

ralph and matt duly did the second of there two 30 minute sets and they were duly thanked by the dancers and even more so

by me..great stuff boys

it was now 10.30 and time for my 2nd set more ppl had entered the venue and although not packed the venue had a good atmosphere

and the dancefloor had seen plenty of action throuhout the night

11pm soon came and banbury soul clubs main man eddie hubbard too over and played some great tracks and has very similar taste

to myself

mark freeman was the final dj for the night and didnt dissappoint and left the floor wanting more

i had a really great evening made even better by my travelling companion claire...a great girl....always nice to see kev such out and about

..plus lee and kath from soul cake and a REAL pleasure to finally meet..matt..ralph..matt male..eddie and emma who i thought was eddies daughter

and mark freeman...sorry if i forgot anyone

this is a very good night out made all the better by the superb sound system that was loud and clear no matter what the volume

tom and theresa work very hard to run this night and deserve more support

regards moldie

Edited by Guest

a real pleasure to meet you too matt..thanks for nice comment on tunes

regards moldie

Another great night at Sonic imo with the underrated Matt Bates doing the bizz as always and Moldie i'm so envious of the stuff he was pulling out his playbox not only that but he is a genuine top bloke as well :thumbsup: then Banburys own Eddie Hubbard who always plays a blinder along with Mark Wiganer Freeman who always pull something out the bag for you to keep the dancefloor busy, i played my usual mix of well knowns, underplayed and a couple of relatively unknowns but all in all you could'nt fault the music all night.

Tom & Pat are trying hard to make this a top venue and with djs like these then it seems a shame its not better supported but we are determined to get there so for those who have not yet tried us i am sure you will enjoy what we have to offer in cracking tunes played on a good sound system and a great dancefloor, all in all another great night at Lutterworths Sonic Soul.

cheers Ralph

hi ralph

great to meet you..i loved your tunes and even managed to buy one of them as soon as i got in att 11.30 this morning

can you pm me title of the jackie wilsonish tune..loved it

mant thanks for your kind words and supplying and setting up the great sound system

regards moldie

Claire xxx

good evening claire

thanks for being my companion for the night..great company and ive never enjoyed jelly so much....the hundred mile round trip to pick you up was well worth it...hospitally was 5star and thanks for helping carry my tunes..only one complaint.can you carry the bigger one next time

look fwd to cathing up at the cracker

regards moldie xxx

Guest aaz19tdi

Another venue well suited to pumping soul, great line up of dj,s secured a quality night with across the board music, with great hosts thrown in what more do you want.thumbsup.gif

P.S that was our first one wont be the last.

Guest Northern PhanTom

i left at 1pm to pick up claire from newark and within 30 minutes was in a large traffic jam and even after this eventually

cleared progree was slow after hitting the luton section of the M1....after four and a half hours i finally pulled into

claires drive and was greeted with a smile...cup of tea and a plate of jelly and tinned milk....heaven..after some ham rolls

the venue itself was very easy to find and after a very warm welcome from tom and theresa we made our way upstairs to find

it was very nice to find the venue was spotless throughout including the toilets...something not always checked at other venues

its always nice to play out at a new venue and all the better when the promoters are as nice as tom and theresa..........

ralph was on the decks first and boy did i enjoy his set...real nice mixture of tunes and matts set had me looking too and

i took over at 9pm and after djing at soul cake the week before had left those tunes locked away and must admit i did play

ralph and matt duly did the second of there two 30 minute sets and they were duly thanked by the dancers and even more so

by me..great stuff boys

it was now 10.30 and time for my 2nd set more ppl had entered the venue and although not packed the venue had a good atmosphere

11pm soon came and banbury soul clubs main man eddie hubbard too over and played some great tracks and has very similar taste

to myself

mark freeman was the final dj for the night and didnt dissappoint and left the floor wanting more

i had a really great evening made even better by my travelling companion claire...a great girl....always nice to see kev such out and about

..plus lee and kath from soul cake and a REAL pleasure to finally meet..matt..ralph..matt male..eddie and emma who i thought was eddies daughter

this is a very good night out made all the better by the superb sound system that was loud and clear no matter what the volume

regards moldie

Hi Moldie,

Thank you very much for making the long journey north to come and DJ for us and play some stonking tunes. Had loads of excellent feedback about your music and personality, hope it won't be too long before you again grace the decks at Sonic Soul. :shades:

In the meantime will keep a look out at where you are DJing and where possible we will come along and support you in return for doing us the service of being one our guests. :thumbup:

Enjoyed everything you played, nice to hear "The Diplomats" given an airing, one I've not heard for some time. :thumbsup:

See you soon

Tom wink.gif

Guest Northern PhanTom

Another venue well suited to pumping soul, great line up of dj,s secured a quality night with across the board music, with great hosts thrown in what more do you want.thumbsup.gif

P.S that was our first one wont be the last.

Hi Lee,

Great to see you and Kathryn over at Lutterworth for the first time, plus as well its nice to have peeps who just love to dance. :thumbup:

Tom :thumbsup:

Guest ruffsounds

Cheers Moldie glad you enjoyed the tunes and the setup at Sonic, and the tune i messaged you about there is one on Paul Capons site and i think he is also on SS as well.

cheers Ralph

P.S. the other sides a cracker as well. :hatsoff2:

Edited by ruffsounds
Guest ruffsounds

One thing that i dont think has been said before about Sonic is that here is no set pattern in the music policy as it is the djs on the night that determine whats being played, so one month it might be a mixture of oldies & modern or R&B and underplayed or any other variation, so hopefully there is something for everyone each month at Sonic but whatever you know its gonna be quality djs and quality music.

cheers Ralph

Guest Northern PhanTom

cheers Ralph

We couldn't have done it without you Ralph, once again this month you and Matt have pulled out the stops to help keep this night going. Especially yourself, with the late call to provide the equipment. On top of that you both are valuable assets as resident DJ's always looking to play something different and keeping it fresh. Also there is a good team spirit with everyone involved which certainly helps when putting on a monthly event. :hatsoff2:

Pat and I are extremely grateful for all your input, assistance and advice and hope the above mentioned togetherness will continue to forge Sonic Soul into the kind of venue where it is well respected by its peers.:g:

Many Thanks

Tom :yes:

Claire what a charming polite lady you are. :hatsoff2:

Thank you for your comments and travelling down from Newark to attend Sonic Soul. :thumbsup:

Sorry we didn't get much chance to chat more during the evening as I was on door duty and when I did make it upstairs for the last hour or so my temporary insanity (double vision) meant I pretty much stayed put because of the low lighting in the main room. Although did have one or two dances in the dark. :)

You are always welcome back at Sonic Soul :g: (with or without "The Mold") :yes:

Regards

Tom wink.gif

good evening claire

thanks for being my companion for the night..great company and ive never enjoyed jelly so much....the hundred mile round trip to pick you up was well worth it...hospitally was 5star and thanks for helping carry my tunes..only one complaint.can you carry the bigger one next time

look fwd to cathing up at the cracker

regards moldie xxx

Thank you Moldie you were perfect company & glad you liked your jelly!! ( looked disgusting tho with that yucky milk on it !! ) will make you some more for Pilsley...

Hmmm looked a bit heavy that bigger box .. will think about that one ..

You're a fab chauffeur just need to get you a uniform ..

Claire xxx

Cheers Moldie glad you enjoyed the tunes and the setup at Sonic, and the tune i messaged you about there is one on Paul Capons site and i think he is also on SS as well.

cheers Ralph

P.S. the other sides a cracker as well. :lol:

hi ralph

just seen it thanks ever so much

ill defo have it..thanks for the heads up

regards moldie

Guest kev such

First trip to the new Sonic Venue, and it aint half bad.

Admittedly looks like your front room, but that seemed to add to the atmosphere.

Unfortunately Karen couldnt make this one so I ventured over on me own, billy no mates.

As an across the board venue the modern element doesnt really appeal to me ( dinosaur, I hear you shout) But the mix of "Across the board" was suitably dispersed so as not to be annoyed by one genre being played to death.

With the line up there on Saturday we couldnt fail to hear a good mix of the greatest and not so well known tunes.

Highlight for me on the night was when Mr Hubbard played a tune which reminded me that its also in my box, and why the bloody hell havent I spun it out yet. Good to see Mr Freeman and especially Claire and Moldie, marvellous.

Well done Tom, Teresa, Matt and Ralph I certainly enjoyed myself.

Kind Regards

Kev

Guest Northern PhanTom

First trip to the new Sonic Venue, and it aint half bad.

Admittedly looks like your front room, but that seemed to add to the atmosphere.

Unfortunately Karen couldnt make this one so I ventured over on me own, billy no mates.

As an across the board venue the modern element doesnt really appeal to me ( dinosaur, I hear you shout) But the mix of "Across the board" was suitably dispersed so as not to be annoyed by one genre being played to death.

With the line up there on Saturday we couldnt fail to hear a good mix of the greatest and not so well known tunes.

Highlight for me on the night was when Mr Hubbard played a tune which reminded me that its also in my box, and why the bloody hell havent I spun it out yet. Good to see Mr Freeman and especially Claire and Moldie, marvellous.

Well done Tom, Teresa, Matt and Ralph I certainly enjoyed myself.

Kind Regards

Kev

Good to catch up Kev apologise if I couldn't hold a face to face for too long as it was sending me dizzy, anyway looking at one of image of you is enough to handle. But did enjoy your VW story, but the eye popping one nearly had me reaching for the bucket. :yes:

Image you burnt off a few thousand calories running up and down the stairs all night, you should have used the elevator like Mark Freeman and made a proper entrance. Pity it don't take you up to "The Balcony" or better still rear of "The Decks" now that would be something special. :yes:

Glad you enjoyed your evening, pity Karen was unwell and could not make it over. Wish her a speedy recovery and I hope you gave her something special for leaving her home alone. :D

Cheers Tom :lol:

by me..great stuff boys

to myself

regards moldie

You didnt play a underplayed set did you Mick, come on get that bloody play list up lol

You didnt play a underplayed set did you Mick, come on get that bloody play list up lol

it wont interest you tim and i never played anything from last week at soul cake

FIRST SET....9.00 TILL 9.30.....ALL ORIGINAL VINYL

george smith....ive had it....request

sam fletcher...id think it over

the chandlers...your love makes me lonely

bonnie herman....hush dont cry

joannie sommers....dont pity me

jay traynor...up and over...request

patrice holloway....stolen hours

pat and blenders....just because

jo ann garrett....whole new plan

stemmons express...woman love thief

imaginations...strange neighbourhood

sparkels....try love

2ND SET....10.30 TILL 11PM....ALL ORIGINAL VINYL

big daddy rogers,,,im a big man

diplomats...cards on the table

constellations...i didnt know how to

vel vets...i gotta find me somebody

jan jones....independant woman

shelley fisher...girl i love you

charades....the key to my happiness

turley richards....i need to fall in love

frank beverley....if thats what you wanted

kurt harris....emperor of my babys heart

tommy navarro....i cried my life away

benny troy...i wanna give you tomorrow...for the blond pest

Edited by Guest

it wont interest you tim and i never played anything from last week at soul cake

FIRST SET....9.00 TILL 9.30.....ALL ORIGINAL VINYL

george smith....ive had it....request

sam fletcher...id think it over

the chandlers...your love makes me lonely

bonnie herman....hush dont cry

joannie sommers....dont pity me

jay traynor...up and over...request

patrice holloway....stolen hours

pat and blenders....just because

jo ann garrett....whole new plan

stemmons express...woman love thief

imaginations...strange neighbourhood

sparkels....try love

2ND SET....10.30 TILL 11PM....ALL ORIGINAL VINYL

big daddy rogers,,,im a big man

diplomats...cards on the table

constellations...i didnt know how to

vel vets...i gotta find me somebody

jan jones....independant woman

shelley fisher...girl i love you

charades....the key to my happiness

turley richards....i need to fall in love

frank beverley....if thats what you wanted

kurt harris....emperor of my babys heart

tommy navarro....i cried my life away

benny troy...i wanna give you tomorrow...for the blond pest

Women love thief has always been one of me all time faves ever since hearing it at yate

Women love thief has always been one of me all time faves ever since hearing it at yate

one out of 24....it could have been worse i suppose lololol

moldie

HERES SOME PICTURES FROM THE NIGHT..APOLOGIES TO TOM AND THERESA AS THE FOOTAGE WAS TOO DARK TO USE

REGARDS MOLDIE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am4VNd_3928

FANTASTIC Pics, sorry I missed this one. Looks like every one had a good night. I know Tom & Thresa worked their but's off. Big thanks again to Ralph who steped in with the equipment as I could not be there and Tom could not drive. Looking forward to our two guests next month, Jellybean and Molly.

Pat

Guest Northern PhanTom

HERES SOME PICTURES FROM THE NIGHT..APOLOGIES TO TOM AND THERESA AS THE FOOTAGE WAS TOO DARK TO USE

REGARDS MOLDIE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am4VNd_3928

As per usual Moldie top tube, thanks for putting in all the hard work to take the footage and create it. Sorry about the lighting but we do like to use the red glow.:lol:

As for your plays 24/24 :yes:

Tom;)

But will have to draw a line through those comments after last night, we asked for local support and we got it!!! Nuneaton, Hinckley, Leicester, Rugby, Coventry, Market Harborough, Kettering, Rushden, Corby & Northants soulies were all represented, plus travelling support and wow did they have a have good time! Which is what we are all about, at "Sonic".

As per usual thought all the DJ's played cracking sets and mixed it up a treat, all competent on the mic without being overly excessive, which is just what you want.

DJ's

Eddie Hubbard

Mark Freeman

Matt Bates

Moldie

Ralph Forster

Equipment

Best part of the night for me (when we had packed away and were ready to go) we had the "Sonic" group "Hug" which bonds the commitment and effort that goes into running this event.

See you next month

Tom

Tom really pleased you had a good night .......you and Pat deserve it....think we clash again next month oh well sometime I'll get there.

Hope that you feel better very soon

Barry

As per usual Moldie top tube, thanks for putting in all the hard work to take the footage and create it. Sorry about the lighting but we do like to use the red glow.:lol:

As for your plays 24/24 :yes:

Tom;)

your too kind tom...i spent hours looking for a lady of the night under that red glow

moldie

Guest Northern PhanTom

your too kind tom...i spent hours looking for a lady of the night under that red glow

moldie

You did find Kev though!!! :thumbsup:

moldie

You did find Kev though!!! :thumbsup:

yeah he was lurking underneath it all night

moldie

Guest Northern PhanTom

Hi Barry, many thanks.

Yes unfortunate we coincide with A1 for next one, but might be fit for Pilsley seing as you ave all those suv'ners heading your way . :thumbsup:

Guest Northern PhanTom

moldie

You did find Kev though!!! laugh.gif

yeah he was lurking underneath it all night

moldie

Funny how its changes the colour of the decor, biggrin.gif

Hot tip for Kev on his next job. When no one is looking change all the bulbs to red ones and say "Ive Finished" laugh.gif

Tom :thumbsup:

Guest aaz19tdi

Made my night as well, love that tune, never hear it out, good old moldie.biggrin.gifSlows builds up slows ace dancing tune.

Edited by aaz19tdi

Many thanks for inviting me to DJ Tom , really enjoyed the night , it was nice to meet Claire S. and Moldie for the first time , plus have good chats to both Matt's , Mark Freeman , Ralph , and Kev Such .Last time I attended it was more of a 70's and 60's midtempo night , this time around it was more 60's uptempo based with some interesting oldies , including some I haven't heard for years , especially from Mark .All the DJ's played some great records , making a nice night whether you wanted to dance or just relax and listen . This is my playlist , I include some 70's along side the 60's stuff ..to balance out what had been played before :

NEW HOLIDAYS - MY BABY AIN'T NO PLAYTHING [ WESTBOUND ]

MARTHA STAR - NO PART TIME LOVE FOR ME [ THELMA ]

BOBBY WILLIAMS - I'VE ONLY GOT MYSELF TO BLAME [ SURESHOT ]

MINNIE JONES - SHADOW OF A MEMORY [ SUGAR ]

THE FANTASTICS - ME AND YOU [ SS7 ]

GLORIA SCOTT - WHAT AM I GONNA DO [ CASABLANCA ]

RARE PLEASURE - LET ME DOWN EASY [ DJM ]

SOUTHSIDE MOVEMENT - DO IT TO ME [ 2OTH CENTURY ]

FANTASTIC PUZZLES - COME BACK [ NEW MOON ]

EUGENE RECORD - OVERDOSE OF JOY [ WARNERS ]

PETE WARNER - I JUST WANNA SPEND MY LIFE WITH YOU [ POLYDOR ]

LOU ROBERTS - EVERYTHING YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT LOVE [ SOUNDS OF MEMPHIS ]

THE ETHICS - I WANT MY BABY BACK [ VENT ]

SAMUEL MOORE - I'M SO JEALOUS [ DAREN ]

SEBASTIAN WILLIAMS - GET YOUR POINT OVER [ OVIDE ]

PATTI DREW - STOP AND LISTEN [ CAPITOL ]

GARLAND GREEN - AIN'T THAT GOOD ENOUGH [ REVUE ]

LOU WILSON - SETTLE DOWN [ SOUL JUNCTION ]

JACK MONTGOMERY - MY DEAR BELOVED [ SCEPTER ]

THE O' JAYS - I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU [ IMPERIAL ]

FRANK LYNCH - YOUNG GIRL [ MY RECORDS ]

Cheers ......Eddie

Edited by Eddie Hubbard

FANTATIC PUZZLES - COME BACK [ NEW MOON ]

LOU ROBERTS - EVERYTHING YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT LOVE [ SOUNDS OF MEMPHIS ]

Cheers ......Eddie

Guest ruffsounds

Two great playlists from Moldie & Eddie there, it just goes to show the quality of the music played at Sonic, as always something for everyone in there, will post my plays when i get 5 mins spare.

cheers Ralph

Two great playlists from Moldie & Eddie there, it just goes to show the quality of the music played at Sonic, as always something for everyone in there, will post my plays when i get 5 mins spare.

cheers Ralph

cheers ralph..im looking fwd to your list...the music was quality all night

moldie

Guest kev such

FANTATIC PUZZLES - COME BACK [ NEW MOON ]

Cheers ......Eddie

loved these tunes eddie...me and mr such enjoyed hearing lou roberts...not heard in ages

regards moldie

I'll second that Mick

Guest ruffsounds

Right here goes what i played on the night but in no particular order and spread over the two spots i did.

Debbie Rollins-He Really Loves Me-Ascot.

Dee Dee Warwick-Dont You Ever Give Up On Me-Mercury

King Davis-Baby You Satisfy Me-Verve.

Tommy Hunt-Soul In The Sun-(vocal to the Champion).

Marvelettes-Love Is Good-acetate

Dee Clark-Bring Back My Heart-acetate.

Frank Everett-Spellbound-Big Smoky.

Timmy Willis-Mr Soul Satisfaction-Veep.

Remarkables-I Cant Give Up On Losing You-Audio Arts.

Marvin Gaye-Need Somebody--Tamla Motown .

Jackie Wilson cover up.

Eddie Spencer-If This Is Love-Power Exchange.

Martha Reeves-Thank You-Arista.

Southwind Symphony-Coming Home-Glowlite.

Sandra Richardson-Stay Here With Me-Iner/Soul.

Voice Masters-You've Hurt Me Baby-Bamboo.

Companions-Be Yourself-General American.

And The Echoes-I'Ve Always Wanted Someone Like You-Soultrain.

Showmen-Take It Baby-Swan.

Spandells-Say No Girl-Dimension.

might be another couple when i was checking the gear but cant remember lol but as you can see a real cross section from me.

cheers Ralph

Edited by ruffsounds

Right here goes what i played on the night but in no particular order and spread over the two spots i did.

Debbie Rollins-He Really Loves Me-Ascot.

Dee Dee Warwick-Dont You Ever Give Up On Me-Mercury

King Davis-Baby You Satisfy Me-Verve.

Tommy Hunt-Soul In The Sun-(vocal to the Champion).

Marvelettes-Love Is Good-acetate

Dee Clark-Bring Back My Heart-acetate.

Frank Everett-Spellbound-Big Smoky.

Timmy Willis-Mr Soul Satisfaction-Veep.

Remarkables-I Cant Give Up On Losing You-Audio Arts.

Marvin Gaye-Need Somebody--Tamla Motown .

Jackie Wilson cover up.

Eddie Spencer-If This Is Love-Power Exchange.

Martha Reeves-Thank You-Arista.

Southwind Symphony-Coming Home-Glowlite.

Sandra Richardson-Stay Here With Me-Iner/Soul.

Voice Masters-You've Hurt Me Baby-Bamboo.

Companions-Be Yourself-General American.

And The Echoes-I'Ve Always Wanted Someone Like You-Soultrain.

Showmen-Take It Baby-Swan.

Spandells-Say No Girl-Dimension.

might be another couple when i was checking the gear but cant remember lol but as you can see a real cross section from me.

cheers Ralph

most enjoyable......and a few i didnt know

well done ralph

moldie

Guest ruffsounds

most enjoyable......and a few i didnt know

well done ralph

moldie

Cheers Moldie, and no doubt you will be playing something off the list soon as well :hatsoff2: hehe.

cheers Ralph

Cheers Moldie, and no doubt you will be playing something off the list soon as well :hatsoff2: hehe.

cheers Ralph

lolol..it should be here soon

top man..ill mention you in dispatches

Another great night at sonic soul ,glad to see the brotherhood turn up finally !! not forgetting kay.

nice to meet some new faces and all me old favourites.

mmh i wish my front room looked like the venue kev

heres my two half hour sets

DELLILAH KENNEBRUEW BRIGHT LIGHTS LOMA

BIG MAYBELLE I JUST CA'NT WAIT ANY LONGER RUJAC

MARGE DODSON BE MY BABY DECCA

BONNIE BRISKER SO MUCH LOVE MAGIC CITY

CAPITOLS DON'T SAY MAYBE BABY KAREN

TINA BRITT LOOK EASTERN

THE SOUL CITY WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE GOODTIME

OTIS LEAVILL KEEP ON LOVING COLUMBIA

VASHIONETTS A MIGHTY GOOD LOVER CHESS

ADMIRATIONS HEY MAMMA BRUNSWICK

YVONNE FAIR SAY YEH YEH YEH DADE

CASH McCALL AINT NO DANGER CHESS

CAROL ANDERSON TAKING MY MIND OFF LOVE WHIP

WOODEN NICKELS NOBODY BUT YOU VAULT

DEE DEE SHARP COMIN HOME BABY ALL THE HITS VOL2 LP

APRIL SILVA UNDER MY THUMB COMMENWEALTH

PHRENETICS BAND MICHAGEN MOVE GOLDEN EYE

MANNY CORCHARDO POW WOW DECCA

OZZIE TORRENCE MIA'S BOOGALOO DECCA LP { REMEMBER WHERE YOU HEARD IT FIRST MOULDIE:yes:

ISONICS SUGAR KAMMY

GLADYS TYLER A LITTLE BITTY GIRL DECCA

VERNON HARRELL IF THIS AINT LOVE SCORE

ROSCOE GORDON YOU GOT MY BAIT JOMANDA

come on give us a try,we don't bite.........much;)

Another great night at sonic soul ,glad to see the brotherhood turn up finally !! not forgetting kay.

nice to meet some new faces and all me old favourites.

mmh i wish my front room looked like the venue kev

heres my two half hour sets

DELLILAH KENNEBRUEW BRIGHT LIGHTS LOMA

BIG MAYBELLE I JUST CA'NT WAIT ANY LONGER RUJAC

MARGE DODSON BE MY BABY DECCA

BONNIE BRISKER SO MUCH LOVE MAGIC CITY

CAPITOLS DON'T SAY MAYBE BABY KAREN

TINA BRITT LOOK EASTERN

THE SOUL CITY WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE GOODTIME

OTIS LEAVILL KEEP ON LOVING COLUMBIA

VASHIONETTS A MIGHTY GOOD LOVER CHESS

ADMIRATIONS HEY MAMMA BRUNSWICK

YVONNE FAIR SAY YEH YEH YEH DADE

CASH McCALL AINT NO DANGER CHESS

CAROL ANDERSON TAKING MY MIND OFF LOVE WHIP

WOODEN NICKELS NOBODY BUT YOU VAULT

DEE DEE SHARP COMIN HOME BABY ALL THE HITS VOL2 LP

APRIL SILVA UNDER MY THUMB COMMENWEALTH

PHRENETICS BAND MICHAGEN MOVE GOLDEN EYE

MANNY CORCHARDO POW WOW DECCA

OZZIE TORRENCE MIA'S BOOGALOO DECCA LP { REMEMBER WHERE YOU HEARD IT FIRST MOLDIE:yes:

ISONICS SUGAR KAMMY

GLADYS TYLER A LITTLE BITTY GIRL DECCA

VERNON HARRELL IF THIS AINT LOVE SCORE

ROSCOE GORDON YOU GOT MY BAIT JOMANDA

come on give us a try,we don't bite.........much;)

very nice toonage matt..the ozzie torrance was superb

moldie