Sussex Soul Club August 7Th

Guest newman

Guest newman

The West Sussex soul crew will be chomping at the bit for this one after a five week wait since our last event!

Topping the bill in August;

** Tim Smithers - Bournemouth Railway Club **

** Simon Preston - Bournemouth Railway Club **

** Linda Seddon - Bexhill **

Residents Moldie & Newman

Anyone who hasn't had the pleasure before will be in for a treat... great dance floor, superb sound system and a night of across the board Soul.

Get there early... the scout hut will be rockin' again!!!

Don't forget to bring your own booze!

Patching Vllage Hall

Long Furlong A280)

Patching

West Sussex

BN13 3UT

7:30 - 12:30 £5 otd.

• Replies 68
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The West Sussex soul crew will be chomping at the bit for this one after a five week wait since our last event!

Topping the bill in August;

** Tim Smithers - Bournemouth Railway Club **

** Simon Preston - Bournemouth Railway Club **

** Linda Seddon - Bexhill **

Residents Moldie & Newman

Anyone who hasn't had the pleasure before will be in for a treat... great dance floor, superb sound system and a night of across the board Soul.

Get there early... the scout hut will be rockin' again!!!

Don't forget to bring your own booze!

Patching Vllage Hall

Long Furlong A280)

Patching

West Sussex

BN13 3UT

7:30 - 12:30 £5 otd.

i cant be at this one due to a djing committment but i hope you have a great night..always an up for it crowd and great hosts...dancefloor friendly venue on a superb sound system..have a great night one and all

moldie

Guest Dave Mortimore

i cant be at this one due to a djing committment but i hope you have a great night..always an up for it crowd and great hosts...dancefloor friendly venue on a superb sound system..have a great night one and all

moldie

. So Tim's record box will be safe then!

Guest Bearsy

If all goes well we will try to make it along to this and support that Smithers and chicken herder Simon, top blokes and top tunes too :lol:

Ive heard there may be a residency going spare, so im going out on a limb it and bringing some cracking 60s and 70s tunes along with me;)

who are you gonna borrow them off tim lololololol

all joking aside..i stand by my word..if the place is mobbed with brighton soulies ill resign my residency

regards moldie

ps...no bringing alfie and bearsy along in disguise

Guest newman

moldie

Cheers Mick & hope you do too up in Derbyshire :unsure: don't envy your drive though no.gif

Guest newman

Have a fantastic night Graham thumbsup.gif

A night not to be missed ,

Great venue ,

great across the board music policy :lol:

:unsure:

Nice one John, cheers mate :g:

Cheers Mick & hope you do too up in Derbyshire :unsure: don't envy your drive though no.gif

its about the same drive as newark where i stayed sat night..luckily i have a sofa for the night

moldie

Guest newman

Will be coming over to see you all on the 7th...looking to be a busy night Graham...

See you soon...:unsure:

Alfie

It'll be great to see you and Ruth Alfie thumbsup.gif

Guest newman

its about the same drive as newark where i stayed sat night..luckily i have a sofa for the night

moldie

Notts one weekend & Derbys they next :unsure: you're not defecting up north are you Mick nono.gif

Guest newman

Soz Graham can`t make this one :no: there is a few of us off to play at being Moldies Groupie`s :lol::lol::lol: see you later in the year :unsure:

And don`t forget Peeps TAKE YOUR OWN BOOZE thumbsup.gif:lol:

Julie xxx

No worries Julie have a good'un at Pilsey :D see you soon :g:

Notts one weekend & Derbys they next :unsure: you're not defecting up north are you Mick nono.gif

it was rushden the week before to graham.lolol.....they will soon get fed up of me up there

moldie

Guest newman

Ive heard there may be a residency going spare, so im going out on a limb it and bringing some cracking 60s and 70s tunes along with me;)

:unsure:laugh.gif:lol::g::D:lol:

Guest newman

If all goes well we will try to make it along to this and support that Smithers and chicken herder Simon, top blokes and top tunes too :unsure:

Agreed we're really looking forward to having them over... folks are in for a treat thumbup.gif

When they do Mick, theres always Scotland lol

im surprised you didnt suggest australia tim as my bro in law lives in perth where they have a very strong northern scene

moldie

dave

its not just graham that gives a warm welcome at patchin..everyone is very friendly there..no egos or the like

graham and christie and even steve when he was involved made all the djs and souliesfeel welcome and wanted

moldie

. Hi there Graham, I've heard that you're a very accomodating sort of guy, who as a host likes to take good care of his visiting D.J. guests.

. I'm sure that you'll have a couple of prime located parking spots waiting for Simon Preston and Tim Smithers, so that they won't have to lug their heavy record boxes too far.

. Although I'm not sure if you know this, but Simon has a grey Yaris and Tim has a black Range Rover, so keep your eyes peeled out for their arrival on the evening, to give them the warm welcome that you're noted for.

. On the other hand, they are good friends and may arrive together? In that case, maybe you should listen out for an ever increasing whirring noise from any of the early arriving vehicles that approach the car park.

. What ever you do, don't panic and rush off indoors to get your toolbox! Patiently wait until the vehicle comes to a halt and the engine is switched off. Now, if the incessent whinning noise continues, then you can wipe the sweat off your brow.

. For you'll know for sure that your star guests from Bournemouth Railway Club have finally arrived! :no:

Normally only take a 50 box when traverling Dave, but on this ocassion im goona take 75, so any requests? :)

no one is allowed to see your tunes tim so it makes requests rather difficult lololol

moldie

Hi ya Graham ,

we can't get to Patching on sat due to a family commitment , was hoping to catch simon and tims sets ,it should be a great night tho ,we shall miss this months helping of soul and banter

the last one was good a great selection of tunes , funny thing is certain records which have been played in the hut ,are now getting played at other venues ie Billy davis . catch up soon

best

Andy.

looking forward to the footie on sat "come on you whites " ha ha

Guest newman

Hi ya Graham ,

we can't get to Patching on sat due to a family commitment , was hoping to catch simon and tims sets ,it should be a great night tho ,we shall miss this months helping of soul and banter

the last one was good a great selection of tunes , funny thing is certain records which have been played in the hut ,are now getting played at other venues ie Billy davis . catch up soon

best

Andy.

looking forward to the footie on sat "come on you whites " ha ha

Hi Andy shame you and Paula won't be there Saturday, you'll both be missed, its gonna be a cracker :thumbsup:

are you refering to the whites of Derby? :lol:

Guest Bearsy

Just spoke to Simon, and he's gonna be picking up a few on route in London, a few up from Bournemouth / Southampton, so all the signs are looking good for this Sat :thumbsup:

what time you picking us up Tim :D

Just spoke to Simon, and he's gonna be picking up a few on route in London, a few up from Bournemouth / Southampton, so all the signs are looking good for this Sat :thumbsup:

have you managed to get a coach load from brighton tim?

have a great night

regards moldie

Guest newman

Yes there's a real buzz in the air down here Tim :D

Guest newman

Running order for the night;

7.30 till 8pm... Newman

8pm till 8.30... Tim Smithers

8.30 till 9pm... Simon Preston

9.00 till 10.15... Linda Seddon

10.15 till 11.00... Tim Smithers

11.00 till 11.45... Simon Preston

11.45 till 12.30... Newman