Event Date: Sat 09 October 2010

-------------------------------------------------

Stormin' Soul Promotions presents:

The New Barnsley Allnighter

@ Birdwell Venue, 92 Sheffield Rd, Birdwell, Barnsley, S70 5UY

Saturday 9th October 2010

10 'til 6am - £10 otd

With Top DJs:

Andy Dyson, Roger Banks, Karl Heard, Dave Rivers, Ted Couldstone, Geoff Rudd, Sam Moore & Simon McMaster

300 Capacity venue, sprung wooden dancefloor, busy record bar, cheap drinks, large private carpark, only 2 mins from J36 M1 (Barnsley South).

Contact Simon for more info: 07811 228 733

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

Edited by Simon McMaster
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 51
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Simon & Amie,

It wont be long now,cant wait.:lol:

We have the full team together again,so bound to be some fun and laughs.

BARNSLEY, HERE WE COME.

Kev.:D

Glad to hear the Derbyshire lads are back to full force!

Only a few weeks to go now - I'm starting to get that excited feeling again.

The first allnighter here was rockin' and I think everyone was happy with the new improved venue. All things point towards another busy night with plenty of Stormin Soul keeping that dancefloor bouncing :lol:

Edited by Simon McMaster
Guest gordon russell

methinks the soul fated six will be there for this........first one was very good.......proper night time music all the way til 6 NOT 3.......WAY HEY...........cooom on ruddster......get sorting ya tunes.........if ya like nighters that don,t die....give it a try:thumbsup: peggy babcock peggy babcock peggy babcock

methinks the soul fated six will be there for this........first one was very good.......proper night time music all the way til 6 NOT 3.......WAY HEY...........cooom on ruddster......get sorting ya tunes.........if ya like nighters that don,t die....give it a try:thumbsup: peggy babcock peggy babcock peggy babcock

Call to arms for the RUDDSTER :thumbsup:

This niter will give you what you want - GUARANTEED BLOW YER SOCKS OFF NORTHERN - as Darcyboy says - Right through til 6am :thumbsup:

No graveyard spots at this venue no.gif

Going abit stir crazy.:lol:

But it wont be long now,ive started to walk about with my soft grin on:D

To anybody who's never been to Barnsley Allnighter,I would strongly recommend you give it a visit.:thumbsup:

but your feet will end up being sore in the morning.

Kev.

I'm starting to that wry smile too knowing what's in store for you guys... :lol:

Had a message from Karl H yesterday saying something along the lines of 'Bring on the Barnsley Allnighter - I'm gonna be goin mental on them decks - no let of up of fierce tunes!'

The man has spoken and is off the leash in his favourite playground... Don't say you haven't been warned :thumbsup:

Guest southerner

Hi Simon and Amie,

Hoping to make this one, Nikki's doing her best to get out of working. Looking forward to seeing all the gang.

Tony and Nikki

Guest gordon russell

I'm starting to that wry smile too knowing what's in store for you guys... :lol:

Had a message from Karl H yesterday saying something along the lines of 'Bring on the Barnsley Allnighter - I'm gonna be goin mental on them decks - no let of up of fierce tunes!'

The man has spoken and is off the leash in his favourite playground... Don't say you haven't been warned wicked.gif

he better be good :thumbup: :thumbup: :lol: come on karl........give it some of that!!!!!!!!...........tezza

Guest twoflatsup

Simon,

I wasn't allowed out to play for the last Barnsley 'nighter, my darling wife decided that attending a wedding reception would be a much better use of my valuble time. :thumbup: I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, and can highly recommend it to fellow Soul Source members. After all, it's not like missing your favourite 'nighter is the end of the world is it ? :thumbup:

Anyway, she'll be staying locked in the basement until I get back from Barnsley next Sunday morning. :lol: That way there will be no last minute "invitations" to birthdays / christenings etc.

Looking forward to experiencing the new venue, seeing friendly faces and struttin my stuff to some deep and dirty choons ! thumbsup.gif

Hello Tezza :yes: see you and your crew there mate :rolleyes: Ruddster

Hi Simon and Amie,

Hoping to make this one, Nikki's doing her best to get out of working. Looking forward to seeing all the gang.

Tony and Nikki

Fingers crossed she can dodge working!

Be good to see you both on Saturday. New venue is brill and the music will be top drawer as usual

Si

Guest gordon russell

Hello Tezza :lol: see you and your crew there mate :D Ruddster

hello geoff.........looking forward to your set mate........see ya there tezza:thumbsup:

Simon,

I wasn't allowed out to play for the last Barnsley 'nighter, my darling wife decided that attending a wedding reception would be a much better use of my valuble time. angry.gif I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, and can highly recommend it to fellow Soul Source members. After all, it's not like missing your favourite 'nighter is the end of the world is it ? :lol:

Anyway, she'll be staying locked in the basement until I get back from Barnsley next Sunday morning. :wub: That way there will be no last minute "invitations" to birthdays / christenings etc.

Looking forward to experiencing the new venue, seeing friendly faces and struttin my stuff to some deep and dirty choons ! :thumbsup:

:(:lol:

Dear,Jon,

I have just been on about how we give you a ring or a text about what a good time we having at a nighter,when your Debs has put her foot down,and not allowed you out with us bad lads.:thumbsup:

It will be good to see you my old mate again,I must call the waiter over to get us a drink.:thumbsup:

8.30,pickup then call and have a drink,ill give your Debs a ring to see if thats ok.:lol:

Atb.Kev.:unsure:

Kev, I'll be ready and waiting at half eight Saturday night. Who's going ? Thee, me and Webby ? Or are there more ?

Jon,

Iam your chauffeur with Webby as my guide and your in the childs seat in the back. :unsure:

Dude phoned me tonight,it looks like Dude,John and Deb,are coming aswell, its like old times,

So get ready for some laughs.:thumbsup:

See yer soon.Kev.

Edited by good angel

The prospect of a Saturday 'niter care of Barnsley, following a visit first to Bradford Rare & Underplayed, is looking more and more attractive with each passing hour.. :(:yes:

Lot's of reasons for me to take myself out this weekend - not least a night of Stormin' Soul courtesy of them Barnsley young 'uns, Simon and Amie, and in the company of some of the Toppest Soulie peeps in the land..

Missed a belter in august jon, oh yes! Not to worry though mate, we were just breaking in that new dancefloor last time round... Haha.

Get ready though, we'll blow the roof off the place come saturday!

Si,

Dont give Jon, any excuses for blowing the roof off,he's windy enough.

As I usually say BLOODY HELL JON,and make a quick exit.:(

Kev.:yes:

Edited by good angel

The prospect of a Saturday 'niter care of Barnsley, following a visit first to Bradford Rare & Underplayed, is looking more and more attractive with each passing hour.. :(:yes:

Be good to see you on Saturday Fingers! As you and a few others have said it will be a fantastic night in fantastic company and I can't wait either!

Shame I have to spend the early part of the evening setting up as Bradford looks a good shout beforehand

Lot's of reasons for me to take myself out this weekend - not least a night of Stormin' Soul courtesy of them Barnsley young 'uns, Simon and Amie, and in the company of some of the Toppest Soulie peeps in the land..

Guest Little Queenie

I'm proper looking forward to sat night!!! smile.gif

Can't wait to see you all and have a laugh! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

See if I can find time to have a dance this time too thumbsup.gif

You all up for a mad night? hypo.gif

xx

Guest twoflatsup

Dont give Jon, any excuses for blowing the roof off,he's windy enough.

As I usually say BLOODY HELL JON,and make a quick exit.:lol:

How very dare you Sir !

It's a well known fact that it is Webby who has trouble with bottom burps, thats why he wears such enormous trousers :lol::rolleyes:

Guest BigPaul

Looks like we'll have to Meet the Babcock's at this one - next time..Karl unleashed?....recipe for a top night.:yes:

Yes, Once again it pans out that The Mansfield Nutters, will not be in attendance for this

excellent looking Niterno.gif And only just up the road toyes.gif

Got to say if it does for Peggy and the Babcocks it'll do for mehatsoff2.gif

Have a stormer (pun)biggrin.gif

Best

Paul

Guest gordon russell

Will be posting dj times in next day or two so keep checking. Gettin very excited about this now, a lot of quality djs on offer, all aiming those hard hittin records squarely at the dancefloor!

Record tables filling up, so drop me a pm to reserve a space ;-)

hey simon..........don,t let the ruddster or that karl heard fella play their spots to early lol........they're late late night torpedo's and know just what to dooooo...:yes:biggrin.gif:thumbup: ....peggy

Guest Tim aka Bob

Car full now 5. :lol:

Just counting down.

Kev.:yes:

A little burnt out after Radcliffe and Kings Hall...but I am seriously considering this....especially if the South Derbyshire gang are in attendance!!

Let's face it every niter deserves a little bit of Staffordshire (aka The Home of Northern Soul):thumbsup:

A little burnt out after Radcliffe and Kings Hall...but I am seriously considering this....especially if the South Derbyshire gang are in attendance!!

Let's face it every niter deserves a little bit of Staffordshire (aka The Home of Northern Soul):thumbsup:

A hatrick of allnighters lol. And the third is always the sweetest :yes:

Be good to have the draycot drifters with us on Saturday for the last one of 2010!

Let's face it every niter deserves a little bit of Staffordshire (aka The Home of Northern Soul):yes:

Tim,

It be good to see yer,Hey we are bringing folks from I think they call it Leicestershire.:thumbsup:

Kev.

Simon,

Watch your floor tiles,he's probably after replacements.:thumbsup:

Atb.Kev.

Haha don't worry Kev they're firmly glued down!

Right here's the dj times...

Unfortunately Ted Couldstone is away on International duty this weekend (Germany with Linda) so won't be performing his domestic duties.

However, Rob Smith has kindly agreed to step in thumbsup.gif

10 'til 11 - Simon McMaster

11 'til 12 - Sam Moore

12 'til 1 - The Ruddster

1 'til 2 - Dave Rivers

2 'til 3 - Roger Banks

3 'til 4 - Andy Dyson

4 'til 5 - Karl Heard

5 'til 6 - Rob Smith

Now if that line-up doesn't do it for you I don't know what will shades.gif

Guest Tim aka Bob

Tim,

It be good to see yer,Hey we are bringing folks from I think they call it Leicestershire.:thumbsup:

Kev.

Energy levels building....hopefully a few more oatcakes and I'll be there!! :lol:

Now where do I start,this nighter is going from strength to strength.:shades:

All the Djs played good tunes alnight long, as my lickle legs can vouch for,I heard lot tunes ive never heard before,but these was all dance'able.

Fav Dj of the night was Karl.

Lots of very friendly people in,old friends and I made a few new ones.

When I looked at my watch and it was 5am,I could'nt beleave it,the time flew by,now thats a good sign of having a good time.

Thankyou Simon & Aime,for putting this brilliant nighter on.

Simon, good luck with your exams next week.

Atb.Kev.:thumbup:

Well what a night!! :thumbsup: I was beaming all day Sunday (and still am today) as last night confirmed this nighter is just gonna keep on gettin' bigger and better...

Looking at the line-up we all knew we were in with a treat before this one even started... and boy did EVERY DJ perform :thumbsup: A polite music policy disclaimer on the door ended up acting as a health warning that all those who enter will leave with legs that we're gonna ache for a week :thumbsup: as Kev has testified :D:thumbsup:

There was also a great friendly buzz around the place with many new faces adding to our ever-growing army of regulars. And I want to say a MASSIVE THANK-YOU to EVERYONE who came and supported us :thumbsup: you know who you are...

Amie should be putting pictures in the gallery and on facebook tonight for you all to see

All in all it was a wicked night and I can't wait for 2011 - Bring it on!

2011 dates to be confirmed on Soul Source shortly...

Simon

Have to admit to not remembering much of this niter due to me partaking in too much Magners in Bradford earlier.

But the bits I do remember were good:yes:

Big thanks to Gibby for the lift,first time I've ever travelled in a boot & thanks to everyone who looked after me.

Lovely to see Willie & spirit. Keith, I got back safely,thanks anyway hun:thumbsup:

x

Well what a night!! :thumbsup: I was beaming all day Sunday (and still am today) as last night confirmed this nighter is just gonna keep on gettin' bigger and better...

Looking at the line-up we all knew we were in with a treat before this one even started... and boy did EVERY DJ perform :ohmy: A polite music policy disclaimer on the door ended up acting as a health warning that all those who enter will leave with legs that we're gonna ache for a week :thumbsup: as Kev has testified :D:thumbsup:

There was also a great friendly buzz around the place with many new faces adding to our ever-growing army of regulars. And I want to say a MASSIVE THANK-YOU to EVERYONE who came and supported us :thumbsup: you know who you are...

Amie should be putting pictures in the gallery and on facebook tonight for you all to see

All in all it was a wicked night and I can't wait for 2011 - Bring it on!

2011 dates to be confirmed on Soul Source shortly...

Simon

well simom what a cracking night,it rang all the right bells for me never danced so much anywhere in a long time,legs are achin still on monday...only downpoint for me was missing callums spot until amie pointed out i had been looking at the wrong side of the flyer:lol: :thumbsup::sleep3: doh....as for my dancing got a bit whirling dervish towards end but hey i was enjoying myself,,, looking forward to next one....keith

Have to admit to not remembering much of this niter due to me partaking in too much Magners in Bradford earlier.

Big thanks to Gibby for the lift,first time I've ever travelled in a boot & thanks to everyone who looked after me.

Lovely to see Willie & spirit. Keith, I got back safely,thanks anyway hun:thumbsup:

x

lovely to see you again kirsty glad to here you got home ok,i dropped the lads off at the train station hope they didnt have to wait long,,,,you looked so funny in back of car looking out :D:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: keith

x

:D:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thats Brill.

Glad you enjoyed it!

well simom what a cracking night,it rang all the right bells for me never danced so much anywhere in a long time,legs are achin still on monday...only downpoint for me was missing callums spot until amie pointed out i had been looking at the wrong side of the flyer:lol: :D:thumbsup: doh....as for my dancing got a bit whirling dervish towards end but hey i was enjoying myself,,, looking forward to next one....keith

Amie was telling me about that last night LOL. Not to worry though Keith, Callum will be featuring again in 2011 :thumbsup:

Catch up soon mate!

Guest gordon russell

had a great night at barnsley........thats 2 out of 2........keep it up simon....just keep the format as you want and pick ya dj,s carefully and this nighter will just get better and better........it,s a simple formular but, most get it wrong.....you're getting it double right:thumbsup: :D .........atb tezza & jan