2010-12-18: Samanthas Christmas All-Nighter (Now Called Stars)

Event Title: SAMANTHAS CHRISTMAS ALL-NIGHTER (Now called Stars)

Event Author: Anton L

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Sat 18 December 2010

-------------------------------------------------

SAMANTHAS ALL-NIGHTER

SATURDAY 18th DECEMBER9pm - 6am

QUEENS ROAD, SHEFFIELD, S2 4DF

This one should be a great night with DJs

Rob Wicks, Karl Heard, Dave Rimmer, Yocky, Tony B, Anton, Casper & Liam

and from 1.30 in the FREESTYLE ROOM

Harpo, Karl heard, Anton, Ian Jones & Mark Dancer

With DJs from accross the country, it's gotta be good!!

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

Edited by Anton L
  • 2 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Really enjoyed the last one, my first visit to Sheffield for many years, and looking forward to playing next time with Ian and Karl H, and the other guests, expect a treat to get the festivities started, with "dancer's" all the way i would expect, from im my case the 60's and 70's...

Hope to see you ther, didn't go before the recent re-furb. but it is a great venue.....nowt like it was when i went "back in the day", and nice to hear a few tunes that you dont get to of late.

Harpo.

• 1 month later...

not long to go now ... last one was packed .. even with the new look inside it still has that old school atmosphere from the old days, and looks brilliant ! ... dancers all the way , its what Samanthas is all about ! :thumbsup:

ktf pete n' susan

post-7477-0-52389300-1290552015_thumb.jp

Edited by casper

Spoke to Karl on fri and sat night the weekend of his birthday, he is looking forward to the night, back where it started for him, as a local lad.

Expect festive fireworks in the little room.......with a good turn out...... as it is our old mate Paul Clifford's 50th celebration that night, with a good few folk from down here planning to come.

ph

• 2 weeks later...

Last sammys was brilliant nights. Met up with and had a great night with Pete D who i hadnt seen since I ran the Sammys Revivals in the early 90s with Dave Goldswain and Malc Burton.

Looking forward to this one . Thanks for the spot at the last one ... Regards and Respect ... Brent :yes::hatsoff2:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BigPaul

Looks like a plethora of Nite time Reprobates and meself will be attending

Saturday nite for a pre-Christmas knees uprolleyes.gif

And of course to support me mucka Mr Heardbiggrin.gif On home turfthumbsup.gif

Not been to Sams since 1977nono.gif Sure it was a dayer???? with Mr Poole

and the Beeston crewg.gif

Looking forward to a memorable nightbiggrin.gifwicked.gif

Best

Paul

Guest Sean Haydon

Spoke to Karl on fri and sat night the weekend of his birthday, he is looking forward to the night, back where it started for him, as a local lad.

Expect festive fireworks in the little room.......with a good turn out...... as it is our old mate Paul Clifford's 50th celebration that night, with a good few folk from down here planning to come.

ph

Yes mate, we're coming to support you, and Karl and Dave and everyone elseyes.gif

Any idea what time you're on tho? Not too early I hope, I'm playing some tunes first over at Bury Masonic and it's on till 1.smile.gif

Paul's begged us to come to his birthday bash already. That's another good reason to be there, as if we need one with this Lineup. Brilliant!

Can't wait to hear your Quality Soulful set my friend.

Sean

Guest Sean Haydon

Looks like a plethora of Nite time Reprobates and meself will be attending

Saturday nite for a pre-Christmas knees uprolleyes.gif

And of course to support me mucka Mr Heardbiggrin.gif On home turfthumbsup.gif

Not been to Sams since 1977nono.gif Sure it was a dayer???? with Mr Poole

and the Beeston crewg.gif

Looking forward to a memorable nightbiggrin.gifwicked.gif

Best

Paul

Hey Hey, Big Paul's coming too, it just gets better. Will be great to see you again matehatsoff2.gif

Guest BigPaul

Hey Hey, Big Paul's coming too, it just gets better. Will be great to see you again matehatsoff2.gif

Looking like another nite on the sidelinesohmy.gif

Chat about this chat about thatlaugh.gif

Guest Sean Haydon

Looking like another nite on the sidelinesohmy.gif

Chat about this chat about thatlaugh.gif

Yep, generally talking bollocks againlaugh.gif

I'm aiming at dragging Big Rog out too. You aint seen him in yonks have ya?

Guest BigPaul

Yep, generally talking bollocks againlaugh.gif

I'm aiming at dragging Big Rog out too. You aint seen him in yonks have ya?

Be good to see himbiggrin.gif

Not getting in a round with him thoughlaugh.giflaugh.gif

SAMANTHAS ALL-NIGHTER

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

Planning to be here for this ........any record sales table space available? If so, can we reserve?

All the best,

Dave

Hoping to get along with my good buddy Big Paul for some festive fun.:huh: .

As usual,family stuff and the possiblilty of Mansfield being the only place in the country snowed in :angry2:again.. ,may put the best laid plans to bed.

Would be good to catch up with those naughty niter people though... .

Hear there's a new guy called Karl on.Is he any good?:lol:

SAMANTHAS ALL-NIGHTER

Really looking forward to sat\sun at sammys dont really do many allnighters apart from the weekender ones so it will be a bit of a challenge for the yockmiester with all the top names on but will do my best and be nice to catch up with a few dee dars friends comming over for a great night out see you all sat and thanks for having me all trhe best yocky

It's Christmas!!! Looking forward to this, one got some new acquisitions to play out and some more coming. Celebrating some birthdays too. Pressies to give out so bring it on!!!!

Don't foget, Santa may be there, so be good !!!!!!!!!

the jelly tot twins(susan n' Jan) will be first in the queue.....:O).....are we too naughty to be good?

lv susan x

yes !!!!!!!!

Got a lift at last thanks to Sean "Shorrny" Hayden.................will be there late but ......better late than never..........expect fireworks in the little room, i know Ian, Karl and i are really up for this one,

Not to mention Mr Rimmer in the big room, and of course Paul Clifford celebrating his 50th

PH

Edited by harpo1
Guest BigPaul

Is the ice rink still open underneath Sams?????wicked.gif

Might have an hour perfecting me "Ravels Bolero" in the morningwhistling.gif

Roads looking good North Notts to Sheffield at the momentthumbsup.gif so we should be ok

Safe drive folks.

Hope you get your plumbing sorted Davebiggrin.gif

Best

Paul

Edited by BigPaul

Sorry guys, I'm going to have to pull out of my DJ spot.

We now have six inches of snow here, and it's still snowing heavily. Whilst I could walk off the estate and get a bus to the train station, and the trains are still running, what worries me is if it continues snowing I won't be able to get home tomorrow.

I'm really sorry to let people down, and I hate missing DJ spots, but I've got to be sensible about it.

and we've still got no water, and I'm resigned to the fact that the plumber won't be able to get here either today.

Taken two hours ago

post-1175-0-74980000-1292682591_thumb.jp

Edited by Dave Rimmer

Sorry guys, I'm going to have to pull out of my DJ spot.

We now have six inches of snow here, and it's still snowing heavily. Whilst I could walk off the estate and get a bus to the train station, and the trains are still running, what worries me is if it continues snowing I won't be able to get home tomorrow.

I'm really sorry to let people down, and I hate missing DJ spots, but I've got to be sensible about it.

and we've still got no water, and I'm resigned to the fact that the plumber won't be able to get here either today.

Taken two hours ago

post-1175-0-74980000-1292682591_thumb.jp

Girl...

:thumbsup:

:yes::D

You're a plumber aren't you, get yourself over her and fix my stop tap, or is the weather a little bad for you to travel :lol:

Washing machines not plumbing mate.

Here's a solution to your woeful state....

Using a wheel barrow and snow shovel dig yourself a path out of London Heights to the main road.

Take each snow filled wheelbarrow back home and fill your water tank and every saucepan,kettle etc with the excess snow.

Bingo, a clear path in and out, and enough melted snow to fill a hot bath and make enough cupa-soups and coffee till Mr Plumber arrives on Tuesday afternoon (earliest) :yes::yes:

Unless you got a combi-boiler then you're gonna have to boil the saucepans of snow to fill the bath..... wink.gif

Really don't know how some of you old farts got through 2 world wars without such a basic level of common sense :D

:D

Edited by Mace

HI EVERYONE JUST GOT BACK FROM SAMANTHA'S SETTING UP AND EVERYTHING IS SOUND!!!!!

VERY UNFORTUNATE THAT "DAVE RIMMER" CANNOT MAKE IT BUT "IAN JONES" WILL FILLIN HIS SPOT IN THE MAIN ROOM!

DAVE WILL OF COURSE BE ASKED BACK ON THE NEXT SAMANTHA'S ALL-NIGHTER(MARCH) THE WEATHER IN SHEFF IS COLD BUT NO SNOW AND NONE FORECASTED FOR TONIGHT! SEE YOU ALL SOON KTF TONY B!

PS THE FREESYLE ROOM WILL ALSO BE OPENIN AT 12 INSTEAD OF 1.30!

post-9859-0-22905800-1292698238_thumb.jp

Guest gordon russell

As he,s not on this site.........hope all goes well for our very good friend indeed Karl Heard have a lovely xmas with your katie and we,ll see you very soon tezza & jan xx