The Wheatsheaf, Walsall

THE WHEATSHEAF,

4 BIRMINGHAM ROAD,

WALSALL

WS1 2NA

The return of the legendary Wheatsheaf on Wednesday, 4th August - 8pm til late.

Addm. £2.50

With original DJ Steve Powell,joined by Happy Soul Arny & Sean Haydon (Shorny).

Playing as in the old days, underplayed oldies & across the board sounds - something for everyone!

Don't miss out!

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

THE WHEATSHEAF,

4 BIRMINGHAM ROAD,

WALSALL

WS1 2NA

The return of the legendary Wheatsheaf on Wednesday, 4th August - 8pm til late.

Addm. £2.50

With original DJ Steve Powell, plus guests: Happy Soul Arny & Sean Haydon (Shorny).

Playing as in the old days, underplayed oldies & across the board sounds - something for everyone!

Don't miss out!

only a week to go for some quality sounds.

Steve & Co - It's good to see you lads breathing new life into this former groundbreaking venue (For the uninitiated, this once held the honour of being the longest running weekly soul club, and it never missed a week, come rain or shine and ran for years and years before we had to move to another venue in w'ton)

A good many tunes which started life here later became Niter floorpackers as the members pestered the Niter dj's of the day to play the tunes they were hearing at the Walsall soul Club @ the Wheatsheaf.

And of course Jack McDougal bought some heavyweight guests down for us on special occasions, I loved it when Pat Brady or Brian Rae came down, but of course it was the efforts of the local boys and their collections which made the Wheatsheaf.

Best of Luck to you, hopefully I'll get along and give you some support, for those who don't know the venue it's literally just up the road from the Royal Hotel where USOS is currently based.

THANKS FOR THE KIND COMMENTS MR PURIST.THE WHEATSHEAF WAS A SAVIOR TO THE LOCAL SCENE BACK THEN ,AND BOY DID WE HAVE SOME GREAT TIMES. IT SEEMS THAT OUR BELOVED LOCAL SCENE HAS BEEN BADLY AFFECTED BY THE PROFFUSION OF SOUL AND MOTOWN STYLE NIGHTS,WHERE=BY THE SAME FORTY NORTHERN RECORDS ARE PLAYED WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT. HOPEFULLY THE WHEATSHEAF CAN ONCE AGAIN FILL THE VOID AND BRING SOME FRESH MUSIC OF ALL GENRES TO THE FORE. LETS ALL MAKE THE FOUNDER OF WALSALL SOUL CLUB' 'JACK MC DOUGALL PROUD, SO GET ALONG AND GIVE US THE SUPPORT WE NEED. THE WHEATSHEAF WILL BE ON EVERY FORTNIGHT SO WATCH THIS SPACE AND JOIN THE REAL 'UNDERGROUND' NORTHERN SOUL CREW.

Guest Sean Haydon

Really looking forward to tomorrow night. Great to have the opportunity to play something a bit different, not so in your face for me but will be very, very soulful. So if you're tired of hearing the same old stuff, come along and have a listen, jig, or whatever??

I've been in contact with quite a few old midland soulies, so who knows who'll be turning up. Can't wait :yes:

Sean

• 3 weeks later...