Pete Smiths Podcasts

just a shout to thank Pete really !

I am having a two week break in the sun end of next month, and I had an I pod for Christmas last year.

So I have been trying to fill the aforementioned I pod with tunes that will interest me and my family for the summer.

I have spent hours n hours recording my own favourite vinyl on to this fooking I pod.

But I was lucky enough to pick up on Pete Smiths rock steady podcast that he was talking about in the Jamaican section.

I have investigated Petes podcasts and downloaded the fooking lot.

Fooking mental mate - your taste is as twisted as mine and now I have hours n hours of great music that only took me me half hour to download !

The Jamaican podcasts are quality will be well received as the family I am away with are from Jamaica anyway

The Soul podcasts are great - everything from massive to underplayed oldies to massive and underplayed newies laugh.gif

So just to say a big thank you !

It has taken you weeks to record all this put all these 45s up for us to listen to !

And you have done it all for no other reason than you love music and want to share it !!!

Just I big tongue up yer bum to say thanks !!

Fantastic tunes !!!

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

AGREE..HE DOES GREAT PODCASTS..BUT TELL ME HOW DO YOU DOWNLOAD THEM?

I just pressed the download button ?

They are brilliant podcasts as there is just the right mix up of great bits n pieces.

Edited by mossy
Social source share

Cheers Mossy and Russ. With the Jamaican ones, I just want more people to hear the music so I always try to put the very best and most interesting stuff on those. The soul ones, because I don't DJ anymore, those are the type of record I would play if I was djing. Just out of interest, I got the download figures for all of the podcasts and the top 5 are all Northern:

1 Northern Soul oldies mix (322 downloads!)

2 Sounds of Cleethorpes 75/76

3 $30,000 worth of NS

4 Northern Soul prescription

5 Northern Soul Session (174 downloads)

the reggae ones tend to all have download numbers of 120 to 150 per podcast

Social source share

Have to agree, Pete's casts are brill, current faves are Rocksteady summer chill out #1 and the Mixed Juke Box one with Tres Delinquentes in it (vol1?).

Have subscribed to them via iTunes so I get them downloaded automatically. Apart from the two podcasts from end of last week, can't download them. Technical reasons?

They have inspired me to have a go myself and managed to knock together three different BenjiCasts that are massive sounds on my iPod wink.gif

Any way, Pete, keep on doing them podcasts. Keeps you busy and away from telling us what you think of the Carstairs :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Have to agree, Pete's casts are brill, current faves are Rocksteady summer chill out #1 and the Mixed Juke Box one with Tres Delinquentes in it (vol1?).

Cheers benji, That's a fantastic track isn't it, using that mariachi sample, John Barry I think it is...

Social source share

i've been trying to download both on Itunes on my PC and directly through my Iphone and get errors everytime. They still up for download or am I doing something wrong?

I think what it is, is that I am only allowed 50gig of 'traffic' and I've gone over that

You are currently using 2.3 GB of your 10 GB media file storage.

You have used 50.2 GB of your 50 GB traffic this month.

so basically it means too many people have listened to them (WTF?) and they've now frozen it til the end of the month unless I cough up more money, but as I make nothing off these anyway I can't see the point in paying more, I now pay $19 a month, it goes up to $39 a month though I could publish double the amount and have double the amount of traffic. But that would be 200 quid a year.

Social source share

Cheers benji, That's a fantastic track isn't it, using that mariachi sample, John Barry I think it is...

I'm not into hip hop at all but I remember when that track came out (mid 90s?) it stuck in my mind ever since. Don't have any clue where the sample comes from but they really knew how to use it. agree with you, fantastic track...

hasta la vista...

Social source share

I now pay $19 a month, it goes up to $39 a month though I could publish double the amount and have double the amount of traffic. But that would be 200 quid a year.

A tip is to get yourself some server space with unlimited transfers.

At the following place you can get 25 GB of storage, your own domain name and unlimited transfers for about £4 per month (£48 per year):

https://www.one.com/en/

They've got extremely fast servers / connection as well.

:hatsoff2:

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

A tip is to get yourself some server space with unlimited transfers.

At the following place you can get 25 GB of storage, your own domain name and unlimited transfers for about £4 per month (£48 per year):

https://www.one.com/en/

They've got extremely fast servers / connection as well.

:hatsoff2:

But how do I link all that in with itunes? You mean I use the space to store the podcasts, I can do that, but it's what follows that I struggle with!

Social source share

But how do I link all that in with itunes? You mean I use the space to store the podcasts, I can do that, but it's what follows that I struggle with!

There are probably ways around it, but I honestly have no idea how to as I never use iTunes. I thought you just needed server space and unlimited transfer volume. Hope you're able to sort it out. :hatsoff2:

Social source share

I've gone and paid the extra - now they are all available for download again.

Blooming fair play Pete !!!!

So you are paying for us all to listen to your great tunes for free !!! hatsoff2.gif

I just felt that you deserved a BIG SHOUT for the podcasts.

The fact that you share these casts for everyone at cost to yourself just shows how much of a sincere fan you are.

It is nice to be able to say thanks, and that all your hours of recordings are being appreciated.

And If anyone hasn't checked em out - GET DOWNLOADING !!!!!!

thumbsup.gifhttps://podcastmachine.com/podcasts/4425/episodes/20134#

Edited by mossy
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!