Jason S

Snap Prescott(?) On Maple

Just listening to Nate Adams' 'I'm Gonna Be Good' on Atlantic and realised it shares the same or very similar backing to a thing I once had on Maple. The label was heavily water damaged but from what I could work out the guy's name was Snap Prescott (I think: been racking my brains trying to remember ever since I played the Adams and finally remembered) The Maple thing was called (I think) 'It's My Love'. Anyone know what the link is between the two (other than a very similar backing?)

Edit: Just seen >this< on indangerous rhythm blog which explains the Johnny Brantley connection. If someone could post up the Maple thing in refosoul would be appreciated - not heard it in ages.

just got the Snap Prescott "It's my love" on Maple I can put it up on youtube if you need. Pretty good, is this rare? This was the only search result

I Think the flip  'Ain't no way' is a great ballad. My copy is a tad hissy and the pressing is not great. Does anybody know anything about this artist, as he sounds similar to Johnny Gilliam?

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.