Snap Prescott(?) On Maple

Jason S

Just listening to Nate Adams' 'I'm Gonna Be Good' on Atlantic and realised it shares the same or very similar backing to a thing I once had on Maple. The label was heavily water damaged but from what I could work out the guy's name was Snap Prescott (I think: been racking my brains trying to remember ever since I played the Adams and finally remembered) The Maple thing was called (I think) 'It's My Love'. Anyone know what the link is between the two (other than a very similar backing?)

Edit: Just seen >this< on indangerous rhythm blog which explains the Johnny Brantley connection. If someone could post up the Maple thing in refosoul would be appreciated - not heard it in ages.

Social source share

• 5 years later...
  • Replies 10
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

• 7 years later...
On 12/03/2016 at 23:55, Still Diggin said:

I Think the flip  'Ain't no way' is a great ballad. My copy is a tad hissy and the pressing is not great. Does anybody know anything about this artist, as he sounds similar to Johnny Gilliam?

Andy

Hi, i'm looking for a quality scan of the label of "Snap Prescott: It's my love on Maple-M1005" for the use in the picture-gallery of the Funky Music Records Lexicon. Any halp is very much appreciated. Contact = info@funk.ch ... cheers, Peter

Social source share

Many thanks for getting in touch Peter, your best bet would be to contact Steve Guarnori, he has just brought out the wonderfull book which is All Platinum the making of a sound. In the book are scans of the Maple 45's, Collector Greg Tormo let Steve have a scan of the Prescott 45. I still have the 45 which plays reasonably well, but had sadly been in a basement which at one point in time been underwater, this has rendered it unfit for what you would need it for, some info on the label is ok, but some missing. A very rare 45 indeed,  

Social source share

Thank you very much for the good hint ... i try to contact Steve Guarnori or Greg Tormo for a quality scan. I completely overlooked this, not knowing it has a funky side. It's difficult to find out on which 45s that are mainly collectables in the Northern scene, there is a funky side, if those 45s are very rare. So difficult especially if there are only a few copies around and sometime in hands of collectors who keep it as a secret. For example, if posted the question about Sue Rainey: You got to be kind, had a lot of views, but it seems the whole northern scene don't know anybody who has it. Anyway ... thanks again for reply on my request. Greetings from Switzerland

Edited by Funklexikon
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!