Message To Anyone Who Downloads My Podcasts

If you don't listen to the podcasts or download them, then this won't concern you and you can bin it immediately.

I know a lot of people are enjoying the podcasts but it's starting to cost me quite a bit to keep providing them. Because so many people download them, I've had to raise the traffic limit from 50gig to 100gig today, this means that it costs me 20 quid a month to produce the podcasts and get them up on itunes or make them available to download, and obviously over a year, that's 240 quid. So basically, I'm paying the listeners to download the music because I make nothing from these whatsoever.

Therefore, and I'm only going to ask this once, if anyone who downloads them and/or listens to them would like to donate anything, it would be very much appreciated. YOU DON'T HAVE TO - I'LL CARRY ON DOING THEM for the 12 months anyway, but it would help. A quid, two quid, a fiver, I don't care, is a 70 minute download worth a quid? It'll just pay to keep them going that's all. If you want to contribute anything, please paypal as a gift if possible to pete.smith@freeuk.com

I will produce at least one podcast every week without fail, usually it's two or three. I'll keep providing the cream of reggae and Northern Soul and use as many unissued and rare tracks as I can.

I repeat, you don't have to do anything at all and you are totally welcome to keep downloading as many as you want to, but if you enjoy them, or have enjoyed them and think you can spare anything at all I will put it towards the running costs.

On the other hand, you can just tell me to f*ck off.

Cheers,

Pete

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

If you don't listen to the podcasts or download them, then this won't concern you and you can bin it immediately.

I know a lot of people are enjoying the podcasts but it's starting to cost me quite a bit to keep providing them. Because so many people download them, I've had to raise the traffic limit from 50gig to 100gig today, this means that it costs me 20 quid a month to produce the podcasts and get them up on itunes or make them available to download, and obviously over a year, that's 240 quid. So basically, I'm paying the listeners to download the music because I make nothing from these whatsoever.

Therefore, and I'm only going to ask this once, if anyone who downloads them and/or listens to them would like to donate anything, it would be very much appreciated. YOU DON'T HAVE TO - I'LL CARRY ON DOING THEM for the 12 months anyway, but it would help. A quid, two quid, a fiver, I don't care, is a 70 minute download worth a quid? It'll just pay to keep them going that's all. If you want to contribute anything, please paypal as a gift if possible to pete.smith@freeuk.com

I will produce at least one podcast every week without fail, usually it's two or three. I'll keep providing the cream of reggae and Northern Soul and use as many unissued and rare tracks as I can.

I repeat, you don't have to do anything at all and you are totally welcome to keep downloading as many as you want to, but if you enjoy them, or have enjoyed them and think you can spare anything at all I will put it towards the running costs.

Cheers,

Pete

F*ck off!

No seriously I really enjoy them Pete and I'll be happy to make a contribution to keep them coming.

Mike

Social source share

Guest Kill_a_pig

Cheers,

Pete

I too, really enjoy your efforts Pete and I will contribute shortly - honest!

I find the quality and diversity to be outstanding and your time and dedication should be rewarded, if only to continue your output of the excellent podcasts.

Social source share

I too, really enjoy your efforts Pete and I will contribute shortly - honest!

I find the quality and diversity to be outstanding and your time and dedication should be rewarded, if only to continue your output of the excellent podcasts.

Cheers for that, and to Mike above. I'll keep em coming, in fact I just published one about 5 minutes back

https://podcastmachine.com/podcasts/4425/episodes/27037

I think that's right - ska rocksteady and reggae, all new to my podcasts I think

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!