• Replies 27
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Bearsy

Even with that skip it's got to be worth more than he's selling it for - £480. Bargain.

a lot of money for a shitter that aint gonna get any better with age though Pete

what price for a minter ??

Social source share

a lot of money for a shitter that aint gonna get any better with age though Pete

what price for a minter ??

Can't understand that attitude. I could get that jump out, clean it up to VG++ and sell it for £800. If I had the money to buy it, obviously.

Nothing but negativity from the lot of you, never mind I'm trying to do someone a favour.

I honestly don't know why I fucking bother sometimes.

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Can't understand that attitude. I could get that jump out, clean it up to VG++ and sell it for £800. If I had the money to buy it, obviously.

Nothing but negativity from the lot of you, never mind I'm trying to do someone a favour.

what attitude Pete sorry you lost me on that one, it jumps ffs and if you can make a record that jumps not jump again and get rid of hisses pops and crackles and the odd bit of paint to make it nealry VG++ again then i think you would get a lot of work coming your way very soon

sometimews i dont know why you fucking bother sometimes too, i was saying it how i read it and if i got it wrong then Sorry but somehow i dont think i have :rolleyes:

Social source share

what attitude Pete sorry you lost me on that one, it jumps ffs and if you can make a record that jumps not jump again and get rid of hisses pops and crackles and the odd bit of paint to make it nealry VG++ again then i think you would get a lot of work coming your way very soon

sometimews i dont know why you fucking bother sometimes too, i was saying it how i read it and if i got it wrong then Sorry but somehow i dont think i have :rolleyes:

Yeah you can't just say it's not for me can you?

Nice to know someone off here did actually buy it though.

Ask Carl Willingham if I can make a record that jumps not jump.

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Sorry but records in that condition for that price are not for me :rolleyes: Pete £480 for a record that jumps pops and crackles is a hell of a lot of money and i have never been able to make a record not jump and believe me i have really tried :lol:

best of luck to who ever bought it and i hope they get rid of the jump etc etc its a truely awsome slab of Rare Soul :yes:

Social source share

how do u stop them from hissing Pete? and more to the point what does cause hissing in records? poor storage, worn, water damage???

Cheers

Grant

Social source share

how do u stop them from hissing Pete? and more to the point what does cause hissing in records? poor storage, worn, water damage???

Cheers

Grant

Hissing's mainly caused by the wrong kind of stylus or a too heavy tone arm, once it's done it's done but I've seen some people on here say it can be improved by a certain type of stylus.

I've bought brand new records that hiss though!

Social source share

Guest martyn

Hissing's mainly caused by the wrong kind of stylus or a too heavy tone arm, once it's done it's done but I've seen some people on here say it can be improved by a certain type of stylus.

I've bought brand new records that hiss though!

How do you stop a record from jumping though ? I'd be very gratefull for any tips :rolleyes:

Social source share

How do you stop a record from jumping though ? I'd be very gratefull for any tips :rolleyes:

You just need an artists scalpel and a magnifying glass.

Magnify the exact area where the problem is and literally cut the scratch out of the groove with the scalpel.

I used to be able to do this pretty well but my eyes are bad now and I can't see close up properly any more.

I did one about 6 months ago for Carl & Maria which saved them a few hundred quid.

Obviously some records are so damaged that they can't be mended but a one groove skip can usually be done.

Social source share

Guest martyn

Magnify the exact area where the problem is and literally cut the scratch out of the groove with the scalpel.

I used to be able to do this pretty well but my eyes are bad now and I can't see close up properly any more.

I did one about 6 months ago for Carl & Maria which saved them a few hundred quid.

Obviously some records are so damaged that they can't be mended but a one groove skip can usually be done.

Thanks Pete , I've a couple of records bought off ebay that skip but not valuble enough to go through the agro of returning them , will give it a go . :rolleyes:

Social source share

I'm with you on this one Pete!! a little TLC and a lot of patience and it's surprising what you can achieve !! nice idea about cutting the skip out of the groove, But like you the old eyes have Seen (pardon the pun) better days.:rolleyes: atb John

Edited by mrtag
Social source share

Pete I'm sure you said on here about this subject to use a rubber and work on the jump or bad scratch pretty hard then clean up?, sorry to go off topic like :thumbsup:

Lenny

Social source share

Pete I'm sure you said on here about this subject to use a rubber and work on the jump or bad scratch pretty hard then clean up?, sorry to go off topic like :thumbsup:

Lenny

I would have scooped that up if I had the spare cash.

A good couple of hours with the polish in my record parlour and I would have got them pops and the skip out.

And what a tune !!!!

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

right not being funny or trying to prove a point but ive just tried getting a jump out of an old shitter and guess what, i made it worse :thumbsup: maybe a better eye, steadier hand and more patience it could be done, the point i suppose i was trying to make is that for £480 its a big gamble if it dont work or goes more tits up :D

Social source share

Pete ......there's no need to even try to get the skip ,jump or hiss out :yes:

Surely you could buy it for the £450 ,stick it in the box and get a vinyl carver done to play out.........when the soul police catch you ....pull out the real one and just say " i have a proper one but i don't wanna risk damaging it ..":hatsoff2:

I'm sure i've read before that this does happen??

Simples

post-5460-050662000 1280337009_thumb.png

Social source share

Got to say I originally agreed with original post.never quite got buying completely twatted or cracked records.then I looked at this copy and I agreed with pete.nice vinyl that you could do plenty with.seen a hell of a lot worse and a tidy profit to be made.

Social source share

Someone also got a bargain with a luther Ingram demo for less that £200 earlier in the week......not in the NS section, it was just in the "Soul" section and ive had a few results there meself :hatsoff2:

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!