My Youtube Channel

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi all, I've started ripping a few bits and posting them up on youtube. I know I could have put them on refro, but this way I only have to post them up once to cover all the forums I'm a member of.

Comments and suggestions on any tracks would be welcome.

https://www.youtube.c...PhillyDavesSoul

that gateway record is pretty good, I didn't know it. a bunch of copies are for sale on the internet but I couldn't find any info on a stock copy. Are stock copies very hard and do you know what the flip is called (or is it the instrumental)?

Social source share

Hi all, I've started ripping a few bits and posting them up on youtube. I know I could have put them on refro, but this way I only have to post them up once to cover all the forums I'm a member of.

Comments and suggestions on any tracks would be welcome.

https://www.youtube.c...PhillyDavesSoul

If you have tunes to share that have not been posted on refosoul before ..... why don't you post them up here too ?

It doesn't take more than a few minutes to upload a track up here to soul source ?

I find it takes longer to post up a tune and make the video for u tube, and the feedback and information from the members on this site is real quality information and instant !

I played around with u tube - posted a few things up, but got bored very quickly with the time it took me to get video and audio together - then post it up - only to get a handful of

comments from god knows who.

u tube is not really a community so to speak , so you just get passing people and random feedback - comments like "that's da bomb dude" may be interesting, but if you want to discuss

the label owner / availability / price etc etc, then u tube is just a waste of precious time in my opinion.

Peace !

Social source share

If you have tunes to share that have not been posted on refosoul before ..... why don't you post them up here too ?

It doesn't take more than a few minutes to upload a track up here to soul source ?

I find it takes longer to post up a tune and make the video for u tube, and the feedback and information from the members on this site is real quality information and instant !

I played around with u tube - posted a few things up, but got bored very quickly with the time it took me to get video and audio together - then post it up - only to get a handful of

comments from god knows who.

u tube is not really a community so to speak , so you just get passing people and random feedback - comments like "that's da bomb dude" may be interesting, but if you want to discuss

the label owner / availability / price etc etc, then u tube is just a waste of precious time in my opinion.

Peace !

Good points, but as I said, the reason for youtube is so I only have to post them once. If I posted them on refosoul, then people on other forums wouldn't hear them ,and I'd end up having to post up 4 times (to cover the forums that I visit). As for time, it's a piece of p*ss using windows movie maker,even for a phillistine like myself.

Social source share

Good points, but as I said, the reason for youtube is so I only have to post them once. If I posted them on refosoul, then people on other forums wouldn't hear them ,and I'd end up having to post up 4 times (to cover the forums that I visit). As for time, it's a piece of p*ss using windows movie maker,even for a phillistine like myself.

I don't have a problem with using windows Movie maker either, but I feel it takes up lots more of my time than I have spare.

And as I mentioned - the feedback is random on u tube.

As for other music forums, I cant comment on how they share the files

Don't get me wrong - there are plenty of quality records posted on u tube, but I feel that they are sometimes completely lost within in that site.

And Its the conversation and discussion about this music that is lost on u tube IMO

Peace

Edited by mossy
Social source share

that gateway record is pretty good, I didn't know it. a bunch of copies are for sale on the internet but I couldn't find any info on a stock copy. Are stock copies very hard and do you know what the flip is called (or is it the instrumental)?

for what it's worth, i found out the flip is part 2 (don't know if it's instrumental or not)

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd be surprised if stuff like Chaumonts and LJ.Reynolds isn't already in refosoul.

Why would you have to upload a track 4 times? Once on here and once on YouTube is twice is it not. I would prefer refosoul as I find watching a video of a label for two and a half minutes boring. At least with refosoul I can carry on reading. Like Mossy said it takes just a few minutes to put a track in refosoul.

you can't be bothered to post in refosoul yet use the site to advertise you tube???

Social source share

for what it's worth, i found out the flip is part 2 (don't know if it's instrumental or not)

I HAVE THE ISSUE AND LIKE YOU SAY BOB, PART 2 ON THE FLIP. THIS IS JUST AN EXTENSION OF THE A SIDE. I IMAGINE BOTH PARTS WOULD HAVE MADE UP THE ORIGINAL 12" EVEN THO I'M NOT SURE IF ONE EXISTS.

BRI PINCH

Social source share

I'd be surprised if stuff like Chaumonts and LJ.Reynolds isn't already in refosoul.

Why would you have to upload a track 4 times? Once on here and once on YouTube is twice is it not. I would prefer refosoul as I find watching a video of a label for two and a half minutes boring. At least with refosoul I can carry on reading. Like Mossy said it takes just a few minutes to put a track in refosoul.

you can't be bothered to post in refosoul yet use the site to advertise you tube???

FFS how many more times;

1) I am using youtube because it saves me posting the same track multiple times on the forums of which I frequent. Once on here on refosoul, once on EMS, once on the funk & soul forum etc. Is this concept really that difficult? It may be lazy of me, but sorry about that, it saves about half an hour each track to load it up in 1 place instead of 5.

2) Advertising? How is it advertising? Youtube is a free site, you don't have to pay to listen.

3) Yes, some of the tracks may indeed be in refosoul, but as I have said, the same uploads are for many forums to listen to, not just soulsource.

4) I'm sorry if I have inconvenienced anyone by tryign to share some music, Clearly I shouldn't bother.:no:

4)

Social source share

FFS how many more times;

1) I am using youtube because it saves me posting the same track multiple times on the forums of which I frequent. Once on here on refosoul, once on EMS, once on the funk & soul forum etc. Is this concept really that difficult? It may be lazy of me, but sorry about that, it saves about half an hour each track to load it up in 1 place instead of 5.

2) Advertising? How is it advertising? Youtube is a free site, you don't have to pay to listen.

3) Yes, some of the tracks may indeed be in refosoul, but as I have said, the same uploads are for many forums to listen to, not just soulsource.

4) I'm sorry if I have inconvenienced anyone by tryign to share some music, Clearly I shouldn't bother.:no:

4)

Think you'll find that most folks on the sites you mention Dave are members of all the sites you mention, err me for example.

You also say that 'SOME' of the songs are in refosoul but also some of them are not so why not let members here them on here? That's the whole idea of refosoul. To give a comprehensive Soul music library for all members of Soul Source.

Please do bother Dave as some of us do appreciate the effort but all we're asking is that if you post links on Soul Source (or any of the other sites for that matter) give our members the benefit of posting in refosoul.

Social source share

FFS how many more times;

4) I'm sorry if I have inconvenienced anyone by trying to share some music, Clearly I shouldn't bother.:lol:

4)

There's no need to spell it out, I fully understood what you were saying. I was simply saying I thought it was a bit cheeky to say you couldn't be bothered to post on all the sites you use yet use one of those site to plug what you are doing elsewhere. I wish you would bother cause I rarely use Youtube, as said a lot of the stuff on there simply gets lost.

As Martin said, most of those you are aiming your music at are on here. As Martin said please do bother :D I'll go and have a listen to your video page as well!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!