Tunes You Love, But Know You Should Not

• Replies 73
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

:D...Ged, you need counselling...:thumbsup:

I think the soul tunes are all fair game and no one should say you shouldn't like them but even I know those two tunes should be way outside the scope of what I should like.

I think I'm beyond counselling Sian. :D

Did you see my post on temporary events notices in FB btw?

Social source share

I think the soul tunes are all fair game and no one should say you shouldn't like them but even I know those two tunes should be way outside the scope of what I should like.

I think I'm beyond counselling Sian. :D

Did you see my post on temporary events notices in FB btw?

No, am I being a bit thick, did look on your wall and my pms but cant see anything.

I did hear the government are trying to tighten up on notices.

I'll pm you...:thumbsup:

Did sing rather out loud to Candy Staton - Young Hearts on the radio earlier...:D

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

anything played at an Oldies night :D (only joking Daz) seriously i like plenty of tunes and often get the piss taken out of me when dancing to tunes im not meant to cos they are classed as cheese cos at the end of the day they are all good in this scene in there own way but i prefer not to hear many of them when out but every now and then any tune is worth a nostalgia trip :thumbsup:

Social source share

The Javells is probably the reason l got into Northern Soul....Heard it at Wigan one week,danced like to it......first time at WiganOct 74,bought it the next week took the morning off from my job,saw them the week after....God Bless Nosmo King And The Javells... :hatsoff2::yes: Think they were from Blackburn... :yes:

PHIL, DID YOU SEE THEM AT WIGAN ON A FRIDAY NIGHT?? HE TURNED UP WITH A FULL LENGTH FUR COAT (A LA BUD FLANIGAN) WITH TWO COLOURED BACKING SINGERS AND THE BAND GOT SNOWED IN ON THE M6 MR.WINSTANLEY PLAYED AN INSTRUMENTAL BACKING TRACK!!! TWICE:lol: ATB JOHN:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Phoenix8049

Chapter 5 - You Can't Mean It

Cobblestone - Trick Me Treat Me

Sue Lynne - Don't Pity Me

I will just sit back now and wait for webby's rude comments about Chapter 5.

Stu

Social source share

I can't believe the people who actually think they should be ashamed of liking judy Street, fooking awesome tune......................no really awesome tune!!

As for non northern Elvis - Suss Minds

And Neilson - Cant live without you........pass me the tissues please........everytime.........Simon Bates "our tune"

Social source share

Guest karen b

anything played at an Oldies night :yes: (only joking Daz) seriously i like plenty of tunes and often get the piss taken out of me when dancing to tunes im not meant to cos they are classed as cheese cos at the end of the day they are all good in this scene in there own way but i prefer not to hear many of them when out but every now and then any tune is worth a nostalgia trip :thumbsup:

Ditto........................................lollaugh.gif

I Surprised someone only the other month when Tomangoes was played! and just had to get up.wink.gif

Karen xxx

Social source share

Ditto........................................lollaugh.gif

I Surprised someone only the other month when Tomangoes was played! and just had to get up.wink.gif

Karen xxx

Com' on play the game!!

Tomangoes nobody gonna take the piss out of that one, so what 's the tunes then eh??

Social source share

Chapter 5 - You Can't Mean It

Cobblestone - Trick Me Treat Me

Sue Lynne - Don't Pity Me

I will just sit back now and wait for webby's rude comments about Chapter 5.

Stu

Stu, you can be forgiven for supporting Arsenal, but liking Chapter 5 no no no.:thumbsup:

Dave.

Social source share

I don't know about should not like but I love the Brothers - Are You Ready For This :thumbsup:

I've still got one. It's in in the section with Trammps, Candi Staton et al:whistling: Can't beat a bit of disco, our mam loves it and always asks me to get em on when she comes down

Ronnie Walker - you're the one

Maxine Nightingale

Tell you what I can't stand though, that flippin' 'it's better to have' thing, is it Joe Tex? Always reminds me of Black Puddin Bertha :lol:

Social source share

I've still got one. It's in in the section with Trammps, Candi Staton et al:whistling: Can't beat a bit of disco, our mam loves it and always asks me to get em on when she comes down

Ronnie Walker - you're the one

Maxine Nightingale

Tell you what I can't stand though, that flippin' 'it's better to have' thing, is it Joe Tex? Always reminds me of Black Puddin Bertha :thumbsup:

It's better to have is Don Covay and its awesome!!

Social source share

Guest soul elite

I can't believe the people who actually think they should be ashamed of liking judy Street, fooking awesome tune......................no really awesome tune!!

As for non northern Elvis - Suss Minds

And Neilson - Cant live without you........pass me the tissues please........everytime.........Simon Bates "our tune"

I just lurrrve both of those tracks;) :thumbsup:

Social source share

Kin ell Astral Trip.....really not heard that for over 30 years an the last time will have been at Wigan.....i could remember where all the claps went...Thank you :thumbsup::unsure:

:ohmy::lol: Thats the spirit, kin' ell' though fooking Astral Trip.............your secret is defo not safe......but hay ho thats what its all about, still got to laugh though!!

Social source share

WELL HERES A CURVE BALL FOR YOU!

Was once watching telly on christmas eve many moons ago and the special guests for the evening were BROS.

Now i dont like their pop shite they produce but they did an achapela version of Silent Night and it absolutely blew me away. These guys, when you get past the hair do's daft clothes etc. these boys could really sing!!!!!

ROY

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!