Hi folks

Anyone got a copy of:

Willie Small - How High Can You Fly - Jessica

Please PM with price and condition.

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Gary

:hatsoff2:

if you don`t find one you might as well check out Curtis Smith The Living End on Essica as some issues do feature (miss-titled) exactly said song on the reverse...and I would be very much surprised if both artists were not one and the same person.

Social source share

If you're still after one I've got a spare copy but bafore I sell I wanted to make sure whether this is a legit copy... I have found two copies of this one over the years, and both copies were found in or near Amsterdam, which leads me to believe that this might be a Dutch press. But I don't know whether it's a legit one or not (the small print on the left hand side doesn't look very sixties to me). Can anyone shed some light on this?

Great tune indeed by the way. Good to see it's starting to get the recognition it deserves!

post-4875-048108400 1280353395_thumb.jpg post-4875-068550000 1280353398_thumb.jpg

post-4875-048108400 1280353395_thumb.jpg

post-4875-068550000 1280353398_thumb.jpg

Edited by Diggin' Dave
Social source share

If you're still after one I've got a spare copy but bafore I sell I wanted to make sure whether this is a legit copy... I have found two copies of this one over the years, and both copies were found in or near Amsterdam, which leads me to believe that this might be a Dutch press. But I don't know whether it's a legit one or not (the small print on the left hand side doesn't look very sixties to me). Can anyone shed some light on this?

Great tune indeed by the way. Good to see it's starting to get the recognition it deserves!

post-4875-048108400 1280353395_thumb.jpg post-4875-068550000 1280353398_thumb.jpg

The only thing that looks even remotely legit about that is the JESSICA font. I'm 100 percent certain that's some kind of latter-day pressing.

Social source share

does the matrix numbers match either of these two?

Nope... and I think the date written on the label (1976) might give a better idea of when approximately it was pressed. So I guess there must have been some kind of demand for that one around that time. It's not really deep soul though is it, so can anyone guess how it ended up being pressed up over there?

Social source share

Are people refering to Willie Small being played in the 70s, maybe somewhere in Europe, but as far as the UK was concerned I thought this was fresh to most in the mid eighties when it was a v. popular Scottish sound (almost overplayed actually). Fab tune though.

I've had 2 US jobs in the past of the first label scan on Okehdokeh's post, each with slightly different font sizes for the titles (label logo same size) - they also seemed a bit less lime green or is that your brightness on your scanner!

By the way a Curtis Smith job was on the bay last night as a buy it now (cheap as it should be) but you'll need to check out re the flip before buying!

Mark.

Edited by mark w.
Social source share

Hi folks

Anyone got a copy of:

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Gary

:thumbsup:

Gary, if I were you I'd try to get the Curtis Smith mis-press. Far cheaper, 15-20 quid should get you y copy, and as a bonus the brill underrated dancer "the living end" on the flipside. Actually "living end" is the better side IMO.

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Gary, if I were you I'd try to get the Curtis Smith mis-press. Far cheaper, 15-20 quid should get you y copy, and as a bonus the brill underrated dancer "the living end" on the flipside. Actually "living end" is the better side IMO.

Just be aware if anyone sees this listed that the demo of "The Living End" on Essica 404 is I believe a single-sided demo.

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Guest brianw70

Hi folks

Anyone got a copy of:

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Gary

:thumbsup:

hi mate ,got an ex condition original of this for £60 if your interested , nobody wants to let this go as its becoming big again. cheersa

Social source share

Totally agree Benji, The Living End was an old Wigan play i think, brilliant & a Solid Hit occasional play :thumbsup:

Social source share

curtis smith - the living end -

What is say you will like ? came out on Doma

Living end has been teetering in and out of my wants list for a while - never quite making it above other wants... but having listened to it again via this thread I've just bagged the copy that Moerer was flogging.

Job Done :thumbsup:

Social source share