Top Rarities

Just got these top rarities in

Moses Dillard & the dynamic showmen - I'll pay the price - Mark V - EX (The lightest of marks - nearly new) £750

Massive oldie thats always been rare.

Moses Dillard & the dynamic showmen - Pretty as a picture - Mark V - M- (Looks virtually brand new) £650

Equally as rare but just a shade under "I'll pay the price" in the musical quality stakes.

The Tropics - Hey little girl - Topic - F £450

When I aquired the above 45 from Los Angeles in 1994 it was found on the garage floor of this record dealer we visited. In its trip from North Carolina to California it had obviously seen some hard times as it looks really rough. However I think thats from being out of the sleeve rather than from being overplayed so the grooves were not worn. Its taken me 17 years to find a nicer one to replace it which shows how rare it is. Only other copy I've ever seen for sale was Andy Dyson's at the Dome and that must be 6 - 8 years ago. The record plays well - it does crackle but no skips and I'd put a £1000 on a mint one so price is reflected in the condition. As for the tune - Awesome !!!

thanks

Rob

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 13
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I sold a Vg++ copy in '08 for 300 and an Ex copy this year for 350. Dolly also had one in her sales recently for around the 3/350 mark..

Great tune - defo not COMMON - but not quite a four figure rarity I feel, personally..

hope ya well johnorooooooooski..........cheers ez::thumbsup:

Edited by ezzie brown
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!