Guest James Trouble profile photo

Delegates Of Soul, Bootleg?

Posted

Is Group Records up to his old tricks, click here for ebay link?

I don't have my copy in front of me to compare, but given his past record I was wondering what people think... :thumbsup:

link

I don't know, but I cant see a stamped in matrix on the copy of the Tangeers he has up....

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Is Group Records up to his old tricks, click here for ebay link?

I don't have my copy in front of me to compare, but given his past record I was wondering what people think... :thumbsup:

link

Looks fine to me. I've bought a few cracking bona fide pieces from him over the years.

Jordi

Share this forum post

soul source url
Guest James Trouble profile photo
Posted

I don't know, but I cant see a stamped in matrix on the copy of the Tangeers he has up....

link

The lettering doesn't quite look right on the Delegates. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I think it's a bit smelly... :angry:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

The lettering doesn't quite look right on the Delegates. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I think it's a bit smelly... :angry:

link

Looks OK to me James. But like you I havent got mine infront of me.l

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Know a few people that have been in his shop, all say the same thing. Box full of northern tunes, all in bad shape, VG- to worse! So where does all this minty stuff come from? Would not touch him with a ten foot pole! (unless it had a very sharp tip, dipped in anthrax!) :thumbsup::yes:

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Damn that Delegates Of Soul, I bought it off a chap with about 30 other records 4 years back and had never heard of it so put it on the list for £40...someone got a bargain. It was slightly water damaged, I was told that that was how you could tell most of the originals.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

not so,still clean originals around,I dont have this record so cannot comment but it does not look the same as the ones my mates have,wrong colour for starters.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

The colour does look wrong, but that could just be the photograph. An original should be a deeper amber; this looks too yellow, but could just be overexposure of the image.

A lot of copies of this are water damaged, but there are probably more that aren't.

Share this forum post

soul source url

Look At Your Box - Source Forum

Get into the record & soul music talk

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Ivory’s on eBay - original or bootleg?
    Look At Your Box by Frankie Crocker on Wed 04 Sep 2019
    • 15 / 1446
    • Frankie Crocker on 20 Sep 2019
  2. Sweet Things - I'm In A World Of Trouble - Date bootleg?
    Look At Your Box by Si Brown on Tue 19 Mar 2019
    • 9 / 668
    • Kenb on 20 Mar 2019
  3. Soft Cell: Say Hello, Wave Goodbye BBC Dave Ball - bootleg ?
    Freebasing by Blackpoolsoul on Sun 03 Mar 2019
    • 1 / 452
    • Blackpoolsoul on 03 Mar 2019
  4. Eugene Smiley Bootleg Alert
    Look At Your Box by Ivor Jones on Thu 30 Oct 2014
    • 16 / 2568
    • snoopnobbynob on 27 Feb 2019
  5. Superlatives Bootleg
    All About the SOUL by Jason S on Thu 22 Feb 2007
    • 29 / 2609
    • Mixedangased on 20 Jan 2019

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.