CHICO

STEVE POWNALL

"ROOM WITH A VIEW"

Residents

KARL RHODES, STEVE GREEN & BOB CORNOCK

Special guests :-

LENNY DOPSON

JUMPING JOAN

ANOTHER TOP NIGHT OUT AT LOWTON. SEE YOU THERE!!!

ONLY TWO MORE EVENTS AT LOWTON LEFT, SO GET OFF YOUR ARSES AND GET THE DANCING SHOES BACK ON, LETS GO OUT IN STYLE!!!!!!!!

• Replies 65
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Another great night in store folks heard great things about what lenny dopson plays and joan never fails to impress can't wait for another fun night with top tunes c ya all on the 13th

Steeeevo!

Me and Tony have just been talking about much we are looking forward to Room With A View.

Without doubt one of the best nights going. Really can't wait :lol:

is LOWTON packing in then

i hadnt heard

had some great nights there

not been as full of late

but as they say "use it before you loose it":lol:

www.soulsearcherrecords.co.uk

They were supposedly knocking the place down in order to build a 'super school'.

The 'super school' is now out the window but as far as I know they are still closing the venue.

That was the latest news at the WLCT meeting this week anyway.

Steeeevo!

Me and Tony have just been talking about much we are looking forward to Room With A View.

Without doubt one of the best nights going. Really can't wait :lol:

Will be great joan just like old times really looking forward to it

There's been some fantastic nights over the years at Lowton, I've got some great memories from the DDA and Room with a View, great people, fantastic tunes, totally soulful.

Great combination of DJ's for this one, don't miss it :hatsoff2:

really looking farward to this,knot been up for 3or 4 months due to work and stufff be good to see all the lowton crowd !!

Yippee if everything goes to plan I will see you there. Hopefully coming up with Lenny so will so you there.

Really looking forward to playing 'Out of town' again. Slight snag - I've just worked out a great (In my head) A four and a half hour set (Think I better edit!) - Best ring Bob, to see how long I got lol. Also looking forward to hearing Joan's spot.

See you at the dance!

Len.

"I am playing the right records, but not necessarily in the right order"

Really looking forward to playing 'Out of town' again. Slight snag - I've just worked out a great (In my head) A four and a half hour set (Think I better edit!) - Best ring Bob, to see how long I got lol. Also looking forward to hearing Joan's spot.

See you at the dance!

Len.

Looking forward to hearing you too :wicked:

It is a great night in the Room With A View and after staying in this weekend I will be gagging for a dance by the time Friday comes.

Whoo hoo :no:

Always loved playing here -seems like yonks back when i wrote the motor off and got trashed hear -its a shame [room with a view -dda before is finishing as its firmly on the progressive map imho with people that really care about the music and its format-i cant make this one but i am really gonna try and get to the last bash and give it the send off it deserves. Have a great night everyone .

BAZ A

Guest bobwartcock

Hi folks only 2 more Lowtons to gosad.gif special guests this month the lady of soul our Joan one of the people responsible for bringing me out of the wilderness along with Karl and Paul after Steve persuaded me to visit the DDA my life has not been the same sinceblink.gifhypo.gif....all joking aside these people got me into the scene again when i thought all was lost so i went back to the bible and i dont mean Dave Rimmers bible now my life is dedicated to looking after people less fortunate than myselfhypocrite.gif you know what i mean when you see some of the people i travell to venues withm so once again a big thankyou to Joan,Karl and Paul....

And not forgetting our other guest young Lenny who i spotted djing while on one of my religeous missions with fellow soul brother Ezzie,i invited him to the chappel of soul and he accepted so really looking forward to hearing young Lenny's tunesthumbsup.gif

so see you all at the chappel of soul Friday Brother Wartcock.....thumbup.gif

Edited by bobwartcock

we are really goin to try to get to this one, not 100% sure if we can make it, as woodys on nites again, but will if he,s up to driving,unless we get a lift off someone from our way, anyways I know it will be a cracker:yes:

be good if ya's can make it lou I think Gary Holyman is coming up might be worth a try for a lift :rolleyes:

This is the next to last Lowton ever :(

I hope people will make the effort to support what has been one of the leading nights in the North West :thumbup:

Just want to echo Joan's comments..........We will be losing one of the Northwests great little venues soon...........

So it would be nice to see some of Lowtons "old friends" for the last couple of nights here, starting this Friday...........

Not been at it's busiest over the last couple of years....But it's not just about the "NOW"......

It's about all the affort that has been put in by all the diffrent promoters over the last 10 years or so................

It's about a great Main Room, with all the classic tracks that have been revived over these years....It's about the act's that have appeared "Live"on stage here.......... It's about being one of the first venues to introduce a "Three room" event at a soul night, with it's R&B , Modern & Mainly oldies room in the main hall...................

It gave us the fantastic "DDA" room , which gave you that little something diffrent.........Which has now been followed by the "Room With A View"...................

Lets all make the last couple of nights here something special.............

Chico & Mark.....Funkyfeet Records................:(:D:ohmy:

Edited by soul-chef

Just want to echo Joan's comments..........We will be losing one of the Northwests great little venues soon...........

So it would be nice to see some of Lowtons "old friends" for the last couple of nights here, starting this Friday...........

Not been at it's busiest over the last couple of years....But it's not just about the "NOW"......

It's about all the affort that has been put in by all the diffrent promoters over the last 10 years or so................

It's about a great Main Room, with all the classic tracks that have been revived over these years....It's about the act's that have appeared "Live"on stage here.......... It's about being one of the first venues to introduce a "Three room" event at a soul night, with it's R&B , Modern & Mainly oldies room in the main hall...................

It gave us the fantastic "DDA" room , which gave you that little something diffrent.........Which has now been followed by the "Room With A View"...................

Chico & Mark.....Funkyfeet Records................:thumbsup:thumbsup.gif:lol:

thumbup.gif

Guest mikeya

Chico & Mark.....Funkyfeet Records................:thumbsup::yes::(

That's the spirit! :thumbsup:

Come on people... once it is gone it is gone. There is no turning back.

This Friday get yourselves to Lowton!!!!

Hi Joan, gonna be good to have you behind the decks again in our little room of fun. See you tomorrow night!!!!

Edited by karl

"ROOM WITH A VIEW"

DJ TIMES

9.00 - 9.30 KARL RHODES

9.30 - 10.00 JUMPIN JOAN

10.00 - 10.30 STEVO GREEN

10.30 - 11.00 LENNY DOPSON

11.00 - 11.30 BOB CORNOCK

11.30 - 12.00 JUMPIN JOAN

12.00 - 12.30 KARL RHODES

12.30 - 1.00 LENNY DOPSON

1.00 - 1.30 STEVO GREEN

1.30 - 2.00 BOB CORNOCK

"ROOM WITH A VIEW"

DJ TIMES

9.00 - 9.30 KARL RHODES

9.30 - 10.00 JUMPIN JOAN

10.00 - 10.30 STEVO GREEN

10.30 - 11.00 LENNY DOPSON

11.00 - 11.30 BOB CORNOCK

11.30 - 12.00 JUMPIN JOAN

12.00 - 12.30 KARL RHODES

12.30 - 1.00 LENNY DOPSON

1.00 - 1.30 STEVO GREEN

1.30 - 2.00 BOB CORNOCK

Looks good to me bossthumbup.gif

Unfortunately we've got an engagement tonight but your not getting away that easy we'll be popping in a bit later on but as the saying goes better late than never. Catch you all later really looking forward to it as not been out for a while.

Sharon

Nice one c ya's both later :lol:

Unfortunately we've got an engagement tonight but your not getting away that easy we'll be popping in a bit later on but as the saying goes better late than never. Catch you all later really looking forward to it as not been out for a while.

Sharon

Great stuff :lol:

See you later kids!

thumbup.gif and me thumbup.gif

:lol::) and me :lol::yes: Spoke to Robbo last night, he's coming down with Bob and Bulldog, 7 of us at last count coming up. Nice to see Val and Elaine are also coming from our 'Neck of the woods' Julie from Lowton (Birthday girl) ...Must remember my records! lol.

See you all tonight.

Len.

"I wouldn't be where I am today without my Sat-Nav!"

:lol::) and me :lol::yes: Spoke to Robbo last night, he's coming down with Bob and Bulldog, 7 of us at last count coming up. Nice to see Val and Elaine are also coming from our 'Neck of the woods' Julie from Lowton (Birthday girl) ...Must remember my records! lol.

See you all tonight.

Len.

"I wouldn't be where I am today without my Sat-Nav!"

See ya later Len had Brother Bob round here last night ,told me were in for a treat cant wait to hear your tunes mate thumbup.gif