It's Been A While Since The Last Ebay Irritations Topic

ME:

Hi,

I've been after an original copy of the *** 45 for a while now and I placed a bid thinking you were auctioning an original copy. After the auction ended I was informed that this is the bootleg (and I only buy original records). Are you willing to cancel our transaction and sell the record to the second highest bidder?

sorry for the inconvenience

David

HIM:

sorry i cant do that as i did not say it was ether a real one or a bootleg - i have already packed the record and labled it to send out - sorry -

And then he went on to send me another message about having to put strikes against me and things like that... It's been a while for me since I've had this kind of discussion but now I finally get that warm eBay feeling again that I've experienced so many times before:rolleyes:

Edited by Diggin' Dave
Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest jerrio

ME:

Hi,

I've been after an original copy of the *** 45 for a while now and I placed a bid thinking you were auctioning an original copy. After the auction ended I was informed that this is the bootleg (and I only buy original records). Are you willing to cancel our transaction and sell the record to the second highest bidder?

David

HIM:

sorry i cant do that as i did not say it was ether a real one or a bootleg - i have already packed the record and labled it to send out - sorry -

And then he went on to send me another message about having to put strikes against me and things like that... It's been a while for me since I've had this kind of discussion but now I finally get that warm eBay feeling again that I've experienced so many times before:rolleyes:

It would be so much easier if people would say what it is ie reissue,2nd press,Ive been caught out like this before.Was it advertised as an original?

Social source share

ME:

Hi,

David

HIM:

Ask ebay to allow you to cancel the transaction due to the item being a counterfeit.

Social source share

Just went through eBay's dispute process yesterday over a guy who overcharged me on postage and who wouldn't answer any of my requests for a partial refund. The dispute was resolved by eBay - in my favour - in a matter of hours. In fact, it took about three hours to sort out! If it's one thing eBay is especially good at it's protecting buyers.

As Pete says, you can actually dispute the transaction based on the item being a counterfeit. When you go through the process you'll see that they have a check box specifically for fake items. You'll get your money back no problem at all.

Social source share

Ask ebay to allow you to cancel the transaction due to the item being a counterfeit.

I know you can cancel transactions for quite a few reasons, including the item being counterfeit, but can you cancel a transaction before you have paid for it?

I get the impression that is the case here - Diggin' Dave hasn't actually paid out money yes, but is being treatened with a nonpaying strike (or whatever they call it) if he doesn't go through with the deal

Cheers

Mick

Social source share

Why do people buy without asking the questions they need to know if it ain't in the item description. I think if you require to know something about a item you're bidding on ask the question, otherwise accept that you've bought it.

I don't think the seller has done anything wrong here myself, yes he could have maybe described the item better, perhaps he didn't know so just put what he knew.

You wouldn't buy a car or a house without having the facts no different when buying a record in my opinion.

BUYER BEWARE IS THE MOTTO.

Edited by funkyfeet
Social source share

Why do people buy without asking the questions they need to know if it ain't in the item description. I think if you require to know something about a item you're bidding on ask the question, otherwise accept that you've bought it.

I don't think the seller has done anything wrong here myself, yes he could have maybe described the item better, perhaps he didn't know so just put what he knew.

You wouldn't buy a car or a house without having the facts no different when buying a record in my opinion.

not sure i agree with this.

the buyer should state what it is. He knew it wasn't an original but didn't say so. Thats deception in my opinion.

Social source share

I know you can cancel transactions for quite a few reasons, including the item being counterfeit, but can you cancel a transaction before you have paid for it?

I get the impression that is the case here - Diggin' Dave hasn't actually paid out money yes, but is being treatened with a nonpaying strike (or whatever they call it) if he doesn't go through with the deal

Cheers

Mick

I'm not sure either, haven't found out how to remove the unpaid item strike yet... Anyway, I've dealt with guys like this many times before, so I'm not getting thngs like this ruin my mood (anymore). Just thought I'd start open this topic so that everyone can vent their eBay-related spleen. It does make you feel better:yes:

Social source share

So if someone goes on selling a lookalike boot of - say - 'Heartaches & Pain' on Sunstruck without mentioning it's a boot and the auction fetches £300 you would say it's the buyer's fault for being ignorant and not the seller's fault although he failed to provide some pretty vital details about the record?

If a shop down the street opens up selling fake Armani clothes without mentioning they are fake I wonder how long it would take before the shop owner ends up being fined/put to jail...

Social source share

I'm not sure either, haven't found out how to remove the unpaid item strike yet

how about contacting Ebay and telling them why you refuse to pay for the record? am pretty sure they'll deal with it in your favour: auction will be cancelled/withdrawn/whatever. buyer gets a warning. case closed.

Social source share

I'm sure you'll change your mind if you get stung with paying $$$ for a bootleg because you didn't know better.

Social source share

So if someone goes on selling a lookalike boot of - say - 'Heartaches & Pain' on Sunstruck without mentioning it's a boot and the auction fetches £300 you would say it's the buyer's fault for being ignorant and not the seller's fault although he failed to provide some pretty vital details about the record?

If a shop down the street opens up selling fake Armani clothes without mentioning they are fake I wonder how long it would take before the shop owner ends up being fined/put to jail...

But the buyer should always be aware, for fuck's sake it not as if it's not been discussed here a million times, if you're not sure ask before you bid it's a simple task, if you bid and you're not sure then it's you're fault for being so stupid.

Edited by funkyfeet
Social source share

I'm sure you'll change your mind if you get stung with paying $$$ for a bootleg because you didn't know better.

If I'm paying that sort of money I'd ask all the questions, if the seller then gives you false info then you have a case, if you don't ask you're stupid and deserve what you get.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!