• Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Played it in my spot at "ARCH" in Whitchurch

you would of heard it

has yours got lyric sheet like mine na na na na na.........:lol:

lol...think you know I know mate, as you know I was there and I always request it off you! :thumbsup: (lot of knows in that sentence!)

Nice early Stafford...before the new 6T's Keb/Guy era as I remember....got it on live Stafford early 80's C90 tape somewhere....must post it up....remind me who used to play it at Stafford...memory is fading!!!...was it Mr Searling or Keith M?

Edited by soulechoes
Social source share

I seem to remember its an Old smoothie Searling toon, his Rock Candy Cover-Up. B side is an ear opener - prepare yourself! Still a great toon and released in 1972, wasnt this on Detroit label founded by Scott Campbell and labelmates inc. Iggy Pop, MC5 to name but 2???

Edited by TheBigO
Social source share

lol...think you know I know mate, as you know I was there and I always request it off you! :thumbsup: (lot of knows in that sentence!)

Nice early Stafford...before the new 6T's Keb/Guy era as I remember....got it on live Stafford early 80's C90 tape somewhere....must post it up....remind me who used to play it at Stafford...memory is fading!!!...was it Mr Searling or Keith M?

not in minshulls style or price range i would of thought

YEP I KNOW IT WAS YOU MARK

Social source share

not in minshulls style or price range i would of thought

YEP I KNOW IT WAS YOU MARK

lol...I know mate...I'm pretty predictable!....think that same night on my C90 tape in about 83 (as I remember..or Stafford nighter not far apart) I bought the canadian album with Deon Jackson's version of Barbara Lewis's Still Remember the feeling...and I wouldn't part with it.......same night I bought it Keith M wanted it off me...and I mean really wanted it!!....must have got a copy though as became quite a big sound for Keith at Stafford.

God I miss Stafford can you tell? lol

Social source share

I seem to remember its an Old smoothie Searling toon, his Rock Candy Cover-Up. B side is an ear opener - prepare yourself! Still a great toon and released in 1972, wasnt this on Detroit label founded by Scott Campbell and labelmates inc. Iggy Pop, MC5 to name but 2???

It was a Wigan c/u for Richard. I think though it's a white pop group, maybe from Connecticut.

Social source share

It was a Wigan c/u for Richard. I think though it's a white pop group, maybe from Connecticut.

Rock Candy C/U

oops sorry already stated above. At the time I hadn't heard the Dontee group and wondered why he's used the name of a crap pop band that had a minor (I think) hit on MCA.

Edited by Godzilla
Social source share

Rock Candy C/U

oops sorry already stated above. At the time I hadn't heard the Dontee group and wondered why he's used the name of a crap pop band that had a minor (I think) hit on MCA.

Listen to the B side and you'll understand why! Trippy Folk Dirge if my memory serves correct called LIFE (sold my copy in the early 90s so memory not what it was) If they anit white then the Pope anit Catholic :-)

Social source share

Rock Candy C/U

Listen to the B side and you'll understand why! Trippy Folk Dirge if my memory serves correct called LIFE (sold my copy in the early 90s so memory not what it was) If they anit white then the Pope anit Catholic :-)

You're right of course, they're clearly white and not really trying to sound otherwise. I used to get it mixed up with the similarly titled "Enter Sunshine" by Georgie Porgie on Jubillee, also briefly played by Richard, I recall. Great Trade Martin production on that one.

What I meant was, not knowing the soul band with the same name I was puzzled by the use of a such a non-credible pseudonym. As far as the song goes, I really like the long instrumental break with brass and percussion. A bit less keen on the rest but I remember it was pretty popular and there''s still demand for it so what do I know?

Godz

Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

You're right of course, they're clearly white and not really trying to sound otherwise. I used to get it mixed up with the similarly titled "Enter Sunshine" by Georgie Porgie on Jubillee, also briefly played by Richard, I recall. Great Trade Martin production on that one.

What I meant was, not knowing the soul band with the same name I was puzzled by the use of a such a non-credible pseudonym. As far as the song goes, I really like the long instrumental break with brass and percussion. A bit less keen on the rest but I remember it was pretty popular and there''s still demand for it so what do I know?

Godz

Loved Rock Candy C/U at Clifton Hall, that instro break always seemed to lose interest half way through by dancers and many would walk off Godz.

Social source share

Loved Rock Candy C/U at Clifton Hall, that instro break always seemed to lose interest half way through by dancers and many would walk off Godz.

Well the dancers should show a bit more imagination :rolleyes:

Only kidding, I know what you mean Jock. Just saying to listen to the break sounds more interesting and not quiet as cheesey. To my ears of course. I like lots of stuff that other folk think is dire and that's a fact.

Social source share