• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Andy Kempster

just heard an uptempo 70s version of this

does anybody know who it is, what label etc etc

ignore me i've answered my own question, it is the carl carlton one i want, the one i heard was reuben howell i think :lol::lol:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

have you got a sound file of it, not heard it

Don't have the technology for soundfiles but I'm sure that someone will be only too glad to chuck one in Refosoul...

...I also have a very nice unissued female version of "Can't Stop A Woman In Love" from 1973 - more of a '2 stepper' tempo wise but very good nonetheless...

...who's it by, I hear you ask?

Well, that would be telling, wouldn't it!:lol:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Did the Bobby Womack version come out on a 45? or LP only

Thanks

BArry

"Facts Of Life" album only - unless there's some non-US or UK 7 inch that has yet to be discovered.

You can get the album on CD, coupled as a 2-On-1 with another of BW's best sets "I Don't Know What This World Is Coming To", for less than a fiver on amazon.co.uk...

Social source share

Don't have the technology for soundfiles but I'm sure that someone will be only too glad to chuck one in Refosoul...

...I also have a very nice unissued female version of "Can't Stop A Woman In Love" from 1973 - more of a '2 stepper' tempo wise but very good nonetheless...

...who's it by, I hear you ask?

Well, that would be telling, wouldn't it!whistling.gif

and a truly stunning unissued track it is too :lol:

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

:D

Now we seem to have thrown up every version known to man (& even some not known!!!) is there any chance of Andy who started the thread putting us out of our misery & letting us know what version he heard?

it was the carl carlton and the reuben howells which i had heard

have to say i shall be getting myself a copy of the carl carlton and now that i am aware of its existence the bobby womack version on the LP too

thanks everyone, love this sort of thing about soul-source, much better than the btiching and moaning side to it!

:yes:

Social source share

the Carl Carlton LP is worth getting.....apart from YCSAMIL and Competition....its got his version of International Playboy which i think is contemporary with WP version...also two good none 45 tracks....(i think) .."You make me feel like a grown up man" and "did you mean it".............

post-1770-014316700 1281032330_thumb.jpg

post-1770-054962000 1281032346_thumb.jpg

post-1770-014316700 1281032330_thumb.jpg

post-1770-054962000 1281032346_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!