New York End Of September/earl/y October

Any of you NY lads can tell me if there is anything on or around about these dates? I'ts my son (George) 21'st birthday on August 30th and we didn;t know what to do as a pressie but Denise (Not George's mum) said wev'e 500 quid left from our wedding pressie Honeymoon fund with Trailfinders 'why don't you take George to NY' so we are thinking of going end of sept/early October.

P.S. Dont worry he loves stuff like "Baby Don't You Weep' & 'Lonely for you Baby' so I wouldn't be doing this for my own enjoyment !

Cheers

Swifty thumbsup.gif

P.S. don't tell him 'cause he don't know !!

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Any of you NY lads can tell me if there is anything on or around about these dates? I'ts my son (George) 21'st birthday on August 30th and we didn;t know what to do as a pressie but Denise (Not George's mum) said wev'e 500 quid left from our wedding pressie Honeymoon fund with Trailfinders 'why don't you take George to NY' so we are thinking of going end of sept/early October.

P.S. Dont worry he loves stuff like "Baby Don't You Weep' & 'Lonely for you Baby' so I wouldn't be doing this for my own enjoyment !

Cheers

Swifty thumbsup.gif

P.S. don't tell him 'cause he don't know !!

Hi Swifty

If you message "Honky" on here he should be able to help you out.

I went to New York last year but only found out about his dig deeper events when I got back :lol: The link below may help

https://www.myspace.com/digdeepernyc

Enjoy the Big Apple, I did :lol:

Social source share

Pretty sure Dig Deeper isn't that weekend.

Michael Robinson 'Pomonkey' on here will also be able to give you some tips as to whats on that weekend.

I'm planning on being over there the same weekend but flights are stupid prices at moment (though do seem to be falling in last week or so)

Continental currently £425 from Manchester to Newark for late Sept/early Oct...was £550+ a few weeks back! :lol:

Usually around £350ish for this time of year.

Edited by Mace
Social source share

Every Wednesday Mr Finewines rare soul/Northern do at the Botanica Bar in Manhattan, Every Monday also at the Botanica Spindletop Mod/Soul night (both of these events are on till 4 a.m. (including the one on the Monday!!!). Subway Soul run a Mini Allnighter every 3 Saturday. Loads more on go to Subway Soul website for a full events guide. You'll Love New York!!!

Social source share

Just announced the lineup for our 2nd Annual Brooklyn Soul Festival that pomonkey and I are putting on once again with our friend Eli "Paperboy" Reed, which will be October 8/9 at the Bell House in Brooklyn..

Friday October 8

Barbara Lynn (headlining)

Vernon Garrett (first show ever in NYC)

Eli "Paperboy" Reed & the True Loves

11-5pm Saturday October 9

Shakey's Record Fair

Saturday October 9

Betty Harris (headlining)

Harvey Scales

Renaldo Domino

the Sweet Divines

DJs from around the world both nights...

Just added to the weekenders section - will be updating there as we get info like tickets on sale, etc. sorted. Hope you'll be able to make it over for it!

- honky

Social source share

Just announced the lineup for our 2nd Annual Brooklyn Soul Festival that pomonkey and I are putting on once again with our friend Eli "Paperboy" Reed, which will be October 8/9 at the Bell House in Brooklyn..

Friday October 8

Barbara Lynn (headlining)

Vernon Garrett (first show ever in NYC)

Eli "Paperboy" Reed & the True Loves

11-5pm Saturday October 9

Shakey's Record Fair

Saturday October 9

Betty Harris (headlining)

Harvey Scales

Renaldo Domino

the Sweet Divines

DJs from around the world both nights...

Just added to the weekenders section - will be updating there as we get info like tickets on sale, etc. sorted. Hope you'll be able to make it over for it!

- honky

To Bloody right we will ! :lol: What a brilliant line up :lol:.

We look forward to meeting you there Honky and having a beer or 3.

Cheers

Swifty thumbsup.gif

Social source share

:thumbsup: HI HE HAS TO WALK DOWN BLEAKER NICE CLUBS & NEAR SHERIDAN SQARE NICE DELI BEFORE YOU LOOK FOR SECOND HAND RECORDS, THERE IS STILL STUFF AROUND, AND IF YOU GOT SOME RARE UK PSYCHE/MOD 6ts A GOOD TRADE WILL PAY DIVIDENS, ALSO PRODUCTS WITH AMFET OVER THE COUNTER IF CLUBING "DON'T GET MUGGED??

:no: DAVE KIL

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!