Cynthia & Imaginations - Love Is Real (Blue Rock)

Hi everyone

I wondered if there were different takes of Cynthia & Imaginations - Love Is Real (Blue Rock)

There is definitely a version with an unusual atmospheric spoken intro - this one from Refosoul thumbsup.gif

cynthia and the imaginations - love is real -

However, there is also a version on Refosoul that skips the intro and goes straight to the main vocal. This is also how it appears on CD release

My copy of the 45 has the long spoken intro

Is the clipped version just artificially edited or did it also come out as an original on vinyl like that? :lol:

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I REMEMBER PAUL MCNAMARA PLAYING IT COVERED UP AS LA LA BROOKS IN THE MID NINETIES. HE ALWAYS MISSED THE SPOKEN INTRO OFF. THEN I HAD A TAPE FROM HIM ALSO MISSING THE INTRO OFF. I AGREE WITH BRI. AND THAT DONT HAPPEN VERY OFTEN:lol:. BOUGHT THE RECORD SOMETIME AFTER FOR THE FLIP AND PLAYED THIS SIDE AS YOU DO AND WATCHED THE DRAMA UNFOLD

DAVE

Social source share

Cheers guys

I don't mind the intro too much for listening at home as I think it gives the song a bit of 'tension' from the start and so a bit more impetus when it finally resolves into the main vocal section

Can totally see why it would be edited for the dancefloor though :lol:

Which is best to have issue or promo?

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

Cheers guys

I don't mind the intro too much for listening at home as I think it gives the song a bit of 'tension' from the start and so a bit more impetus when it finally resolves into the main vocal section

Can totally see why it would be edited for the dancefloor though :lol:

Which is best to have issue or promo?

Cheers

Richard

OURS IS A WHITE PROMO BUT I DONT THINK THERES ANYTHING IN IT REALLY

DAVE

Social source share

Richard, this did come out without the spoken intro, timing is 2.25, its 2.58 on the other version, ive tried to upload a scan without success..

atb

paul

Aah - very interesting - cheers Paul

I will PM you and maybe you can email me the scan please?

Meanwhile, here is a scan from the laptop of an issue 2:58 and promo 2:25 - so maybe it's a promo versus issue difference? :lol:

Cheers

Richard

post-12286-032552000 1280603765_thumb.jp

post-12286-054293100 1280603775_thumb.jp

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

Richard, this did come out without the spoken intro, timing is 2.25, its 2.58 on the other version, ive tried to upload a scan without success..

atb

paul

OK - here is Paul's scan also showing 2:25 on a promo- thanks Paul :lol:

Anyone have an issue or promo with different timings to those posted above please?

Cheers

Richard

post-12286-050329400 1280604955_thumb.jp

Social source share

i will check mine today. it a white promo but its the version with spoken intro but im not sure what time it states on the label. i think the run in is smaller on mine than the one in the scan above so perhaps there are promo`s with the intro cut offg.gif

dave

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

just checked the white demo and it says 2.58 on it . the same as the stock copy above. the other demo says 2.25 or summat on it so it looks like there is a promo with the spoken intro missed off

dave

Nice one Dave - so now we have to do the deadwax marking etc I guess :yes:

Intringuing this :thumbsup:

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

• 1 year later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!