1. 1. Children at Allnighters

• YES
    • NO

Children at Allnighters

Yes or No

Children at Allnighters and weekenders?

Kinell!!!!

What the hey is going on????

Can't parents respect that this is a time for grown ups, what the F are promoters doing allowing children into venues?

Social source share

• Replies 263
  • Views 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest mooma

I WAS 13 WHEN I DID MY FIRST NIGHTER (1966) WERE WE CLASSED AS KIDS BACK THEN??? ONLY GOT TO STAY FOR AN HOUR DUE TO MY MAM FINDING OUT WHERE I WAS!!! WAT A SITE ME BEING DRAGGED OFF THAT DANCE FLLOR BY ME MAM BY THE EAR""

SUE

PS MY KIDS HAVE BEEN TO COTTONS TONYS EMPRESS BALLROOM AND LOVED IT XX

SUE

Social source share

Can we hear from a promoter who allows children into the venues please?

I aint bothered how well mum n dad has dressed their little Timmy and how cute they look in their Spencer Bags, I don't want kids at Nighters!

Not too bothered what happens at the local Soul Night but I aint driving half way across the country to a weekender or a Nighter that allows children into the venue.

Social source share

Guest mooma

Can we hear from a promoter who allows children into the venues please?

I aint bothered how well mum n dad has dressed their little Timmy and how cute they look in their Spencer Bags, I don't want kids at Nighters!

Not too bothered what happens at the local Soul Night but I aint driving half way across the country to a weekender or a Nighter that allows children into the venue.

Social source share

Guest mooma

GOOD MORNING IMBER!!!

I AGREE THAT YOUNG KIDS SHOULDNT BE ALLOWED IN BUT MINE WERE OF AN AGE I THOUGHT RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH TO GO ALONG WITH ME THEY LOVE THE MUSIC AND WANTED THE EXPERIENCE OF WHAT MUM LIKED AN LOVED!!! THEY WENT TWICE AND HAVE NEVER GONE BACK THEY HATED IT

THANK GOD COS I NOW GET PEACE N QUIET WHEN I ATTEND A VENUE

SUE

Social source share

Hi Sue and good morning

I can think of many practical reasons for a child not to be at an allnighter such as drugs, booze but the total and utter disrespect for the other allnighter goers or weekenders is mind-blowing.

The age limit is 18? If not then the promoters should tell us that children are welcome because I don't want to be at the venue when potentially there could be a childrens tea party scenario and any parent who wants to argue that only one or two are there then how dare they because one or two leads to three or four and at what point do the punters say no/

I am saying no to any!!!!

Fine if the venue's policy is for kidz, fine if the promoter wants a kiddies party al la Northernsoul, all I am saying is I want to know so I can avoid the venues who are allowing and encouraging children to go.

Social source share

Guest mooma

hiya again

how old were you at your first nighter/soul night??? or in a pub having a drink??? the kids of today look older than say 18 and get into what I call normal clubs a lot easier than I ever could when under age!! my daughter is 27 and still gets asked for ID when going out to clubs or buying cigs at the local shop!!!!

my youngest is 22 and looks older and has never been asked for ID!! from the age of 16!!!

I have been to the normal clubs with them and hated it no one sed get that old lady out!!! im only 57 years young and dont class myself as old!!!

sue

ps you not had ur weetabix yet or are you not a morning person??

Social source share

Simon

When i was a children 13 going to wigan no one was bothered better than the streets

but they were in the main alcohol free didn't do me any harm whistling.gif

weekenders are for the family for some and there parents are usualy close by keepn' a wide eye on things

.....under 13 is a bit young really but don't see em' round after say 7pm so no problem save kids running up and down the dancefloor in the afternoon, anoying but hey kids are allowed at that age but annoying adults should know better.Simon biggrin.gif

A yes/no poll not done cause nothings that simple.

So under 13's no at allnighters, but weekenders in the afternoon i dont care if there parents are there to look after em' or over 13.

Social source share

hiya again

how old were you at your first nighter/soul night??? or in a pub having a drink??? the kids of today look older than say 18 and get into what I call normal clubs a lot easier than I ever could when under age!! my daughter is 27 and still gets asked for ID when going out to clubs or buying cigs at the local shop!!!!

my youngest is 22 and looks older and has never been asked for ID!! from the age of 16!!!

I have been to the normal clubs with them and hated it no one sed get that old lady out!!! im only 57 years young and dont class myself as old!!!

sue

ps you not had ur weetabix yet or are you not a morning person??

Sue

Are you saying that because there is a likelihood that most of us had a drink before we where 18 that its now ok to have children at allnighters?

That logic is unsound?

What age is ok with you Sue and how many?

Any age, any number?

I don't want kids there full stop!

Social source share

Guest mooma

I dont drink or smoke but am glad the smoking bit is now banned inside clubs etc! im NOT saying its okay for underage kids doing it but they have a choice as we do!!!

you have STRONG views on the subject and i respect that but 18 in my eyes is young to do other stuff!! I would prefer 25 and over at some dos or 50 and above if poss but starting as young as I did it never did me any harm!!!

Im still a kid at heart just the body showing different

they do modern rooms oldies crossover rooms maybe someone could start the nursery room for those wanting kids to attend?? only a suggestion

sue

lighten up its all fun

Social source share

I love seeing youngsters at nighters,as long as they're over 18,to be honest the odd one's that parents bring with them are usually great little dancers and well behaved and acting within the northern soul "etiquette" if you know what I mean.

I think that promoters should set the age limit to 18,especially for entry to the bogs! :lol:

Social source share

I would think that kids at venues would only serve to shatter ones illusion of being a kid again themselves....just a thought.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

It doesn't matter if most of us went to nighters when we were 13, or went to pubs at 14. I was 13 when i went to my first nighter.

There's a big difference between sneaking out with your mates and going to the pub or a nighter with a gang roughly the same age (whiich was what we all did) or going to a nighter with your mum and dad when 99% of people there are 40+ thesedays. Why would any kid want to do that and why wouldn't those parents want some time to themselves?

So what if Wigan and other nighters in the past had lots of under 16s, i don't want to see kids at nighters thesedays, or even soul nights.

There has to be time for us to lead an adult life away from our kids... and other people's kids for that matter.

I don't think we need to worry though, none of the young teenagers i know would be caught dead at a northern soul event. :lol:

Social source share

I totally agree with Imberboy :D

I don't want to offend any parent's who have children, so this is only my opinion.....................but when i go out, i just don't want children around me, one venue i went to a while back............the kid's were running around & pushing into people, sitting in the middle of the dancefloor & just getting in folk's way, while the parent's just left them to it huh.gif

I would just like some adult time when i go out! :hatsoff2:

Debbie x

Social source share

I totally agree with Imberboy :D

I don't want to offend any parent's who have children, so this is only my opinion.....................but when i go out, i just don't want children around me, one venue i went to a while back............the kid's were running around & pushing into people, sitting in the middle of the dancefloor & just getting in folk's way, while the parent's just left them to it huh.gif

I would just like some adult time when i go out! :hatsoff2:

Debbie x

I'm sure these kids were younger than 13 ? and it was the afternoon, adult time is after 9/10 pm maybe.

Social source share

I can remember about ten years or so ago when Alfreton was going strong again the place was full of them...well when I say full roundabout 20 or so. Think Ian who ran it finished up banning them after a lot of complaints, quite rightly so.

see some at niters today and some can't be over 12.....in their vests and bags too :hatsoff2:

Social source share

if i was a promoter, im afraid id deffo say over 18, the events on the scene are designed for a mature crowd, who should be able to relax , drink and dance etc, my experience is that if by any chance a child gets upset or hurt , the venue owner or promoter is gonna get the blame no matter the circumstances. or someone is gonna over react to a upset son or daughter and get themselves in trouble , or ruin the night for others . and i certainly wouldnt have allowed my kids loose in a room largely full of strangers from all over the country sorry , no way ..........ezzie

Social source share

Guest mooma

afternoon imber

YES! I do nighters and not with my kids either!!

they are 33 27 and 22 now so can luckily go where ever and wheneva I want but alway have and did!

I wouldnt like them under my feet either !!!

they have only been to one venue each at different times amazed by it all but wouldnt go again THANK GOD!!!

someone sed they wouldnt like kids round drugs n drink were!! my views on that are strong I wouldnt like my lot doing as I do either!!!

Weekenders dont appeal to me never have so decide not to go !!! if my kids wanna try it it would be at some V festival or something similar to woodstock!!!

wanna laff?my dog was allowed in the dayer in CREWE once back in 98 she was a springer spanial similar to the sniffer dogs police use!!!! gear was thrown away by a few tha panicked upon seeing her!!!!

only guide dogs allowed in nighters these days???

sue

Social source share

if i was a promoter, im afraid id deffo say over 18, the events on the scene are designed for a mature crowd, who should be able to relax , drink and dance etc, my experience is that if by any chance a child gets upset or hurt , the venue owner or promoter is gonna get the blame no matter the circumstances. or someone is gonna over react to a upset son or daughter and get themselves in trouble , or ruin the night for others . and i certainly wouldnt have allowed my kids loose in a room largely full of strangers from all over the country sorry , no way ..........ezzie

...and who wants to hear children be chastised by parents who would rather be on the dancefloor.Sympathies go out to the ones who can't get child care...but..its a NO from me.

Kids of 13 shouldn't really be out with niter folks,they should be on the local rec getting wasted on cheap cider.

Social source share

Are venues and promoters covered under the child protection act or whatever it is? I know in sport anyone involved with kids has to have checks done at about £30 a time.

I don't think all-nighters with everything that is associated with them should be a place for kids.

Social source share

Are venues and promoters covered under the child protection act or whatever it is? I know in sport anyone involved with kids has to have checks done at about £30 a time.

I don't think all-nighters with everything that is associated with them should be a place for kids.

You thinking CRB checks for promoters and bouncers etc..Chalky?.Saw some kids at Prestatyn going in the loos on their own,no parents in sight.Would never happen to my kids.

Social source share

Guest toffee lady

You thinking CRB checks for promoters and bouncers etc..Chalky?.Saw some kids at Prestatyn going in the loos on their own,no parents in sight.Would never happen to my kids.

another thing i hate to see are the kids who are asleep, squashed on a chair whilst their parents carry on drinking n dancing till the early hours, they shouldnt be there!

janette

Social source share

Guest mooma

No Kids

No Dogs

No Irresponsible parents

No irresponsible dog owners

:hatsoff2:

comments noted BUT! as my sprogs are all grown now up to them wat they do

dog died in 2001 and her replacement dont like soul music howls when played!!!

Im a responsible parent always was and always will be!!

Never have I been irresponsible with any of my pets be it hamsters cats fish dogs or pet spiders

am very pleased to say I wasnt responsible for the dog going into the dayer a lad we were with took her in!!! to be nameless but paul we had a laff eh???

have a nice day

sue

Social source share

Guest soulsisterjane

Children at Allnighters

Yes or No

I went to Stoke and saw a young boy there and I thought it was BRILLIANT!! It's not as if there are lot's and lot's of youngsters there!!! And as I see it we all should feel blessed that the younger generation are still appearing on the scene. Because when I look round at Niters it is full of middle aged Soulie's and we we aint careful the scene will die with us!

Now that would be a shame!

Soul Sister Jane aged 16 when I went to my 1st niter...... Was I too young? NO WAY......... I am 46 now..... so 30 years of loving Nothern Soul!!! xxx :hatsoff2:

Children at Allnighters and weekenders?

Kinell!!!!

What the hey is going on????

Can't parents respect that this is a time for grown ups, what the F are promoters doing allowing children into venues?

Social source share

Guest soulsisterjane

Children at Allnighters

Yes or No

I went to Stoke and saw a young boy there and I thought it was BRILLIANT!! It's not as if there are lot's and lot's of youngsters there!!! And as I see it we all should feel blessed that the younger generation are still appearing on the scene. Because when I look round at Niters it is full of middle aged Soulie's and we we aint careful the scene will die with us!

Soul Sister Jane aged 16 when I went to my 1st niter...... Was I too young? NO WAY......... I am 46 now..... so 30 years of loving Nothern Soul!!! xxx :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Guest mooma

have you always been a grumpy "older" adult? were you never young and curious about doing a soul do at under 18?

some of us were and it has done me no harm doing what i did at 16!!! I have worked all my life brought 3 kids up on my own got my own house paid for!!

bah!! humbug

small child for lunch anyone

sue

lol do not be offended by owt i put the dog made me do it

Social source share

There is a young boy who looks about 12 or 13 that I see at various nighters and soul nights around the North West. He is with adults who I assume are his parents.

Do you think if they tried to get into a run of the mill nightclub with the boy they would be allowed entry?

Not a chance.

Social source share

comments noted BUT! as my sprogs are all grown now up to them wat they do

dog died in 2001 and her replacement dont like soul music howls when played!!!

Im a responsible parent always was and always will be!!

Never have I been irresponsible with any of my pets be it hamsters cats fish dogs or pet spiders

am very pleased to say I wasnt responsible for the dog going into the dayer a lad we were with took her in!!! to be nameless but paul we had a laff eh???

have a nice day

sue

:D No probs - nothing personal but you just reminded me of the fact that I'm scared of dogs. Some people are, and in my case it probably stems from the number of dogs I had attack me when I was a squaddie in Northern Ireland. Not many dog owners realise that not everyone is as welcoming towards their four legged friends.

As for kids - I've been to do's where they were running riot, sliding on talc etc, and a real pain in the @rse. I've also been to do's where some real youngsters had all the moves, and the ettiquette to go with it (no problem there), and I've enthused about them in the event lookback. thumbsup.gif

An Allnighter is a different Kettle of fish though. IMO if they're old enough to get there themselves and blag their way in, that's OK by me.

If they're young enough to need parents around, then they shouldn't be there.

:hatsoff2: Kev.

P.S. I'm not scared of kids.

Edited by KevinKent
Social source share

There is a young boy who looks about 12 or 13 that I see at various nighters and soul nights around the North West. He is with adults who I assume are his parents.

Do you think if they tried to get into a run of the mill nightclub with the boy they would be allowed entry?

Not a chance.

Thats cause he looks 12, when i was 13 i used to go to over 21 nights at wakefield tiffs normal night club and get the special coach laid on for a quid at the club back to barnsley, never got pissed i could only afford one drink,14/15/16 year old can put on some slap get fals id of the net and they look older than me :ph34r: didnt most club have a under 18's thing going thats why all the memberships ? never stopped us it ain't gonna' stop them,if thats what they want.

This young boy i have seen him down the 100club,are you sure he is young and does not just look very young i allways wondered ?.

Social source share

Jeri - i have never partaken in the wearing or puchasing of big pants or slinky vests.Anyone who says otherwise can see my lawyer (Big Paul)

...Hang on a minute...is that Peggy using Danny's 'puter:wicked:

Can't believe taking pets to venues has cropped up.Anyone thinking of owning a dog,first walk around town with a tesco bag full of dogsh*t in your pocket.See if you take to it.

Always here to help.

Say No to Kids.

Edited by KevH
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Children at Allnighters

Yes or No

Soul Sister Jane aged 16 when I went to my 1st niter...... Was I too young? NO WAY......... I am 46 now..... so 30 years of loving Nothern Soul!!! xxx biggrin.gif

Isn't there already a thread about this? :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Thats cause he looks 12, when i was 13 i used to go to over 21 nights at wakefield tiffs normal night club and get the special coach laid on for a quid at the club back to barnsley, never got pissed i could only afford one drink,14/15/16 year old can put on some slap get fals id of the net and they look older than me ph34r.gif didnt most club have a under 18's thing going thats why all the memberships ? never stopped us it ain't gonna' stop them,if thats what they want.

:hatsoff2: 'Kinell, why would they want to do that Ken?!

Social source share

And there was me thinking you got on well with Lottie at the nighters we've seen you at and at Cleethorpes Simon :hatsoff2:

Edited by TheSoulgirl
Social source share

WHEN ALL THE KIDS GET IN THE CAR IS SOUL MUSIC YOU WOULD EXPECT THEM TO FALL INLOVE WITH THE MUSIC JUST LIKE THERE PARENTS DID ALL THOSE YEARS AGO. NOW BEFORE I GO OUT ALL I GET IS DAD CAN I COME WITH YOU AND TO BE HONEST I LOVE TAKING MY SON TO A SOUL NIGHT WITH ME, HE LOVES IT IS WELL BEHAVED AND LOTS OF PEOPLE LIKE TO TALK TO HIM, WITHOUT THE NEW KIDS BEING BROUGHT INTO THE SCENE WHERE WILL IT GO, NOWHERE I THINK, YES I HAVE 3 CHILDREN AND SAMUEL AGED 10 ATTENDS SWEET SOUL IN NEWARK ON THE 2ND FRIDAY OF EACH MONTH, HE LOVES IT SO THE NEXT TIME YOU'RE THERE SAY HELLO TO HIM HE WON'T BITE OR PLAY TIGGY TOUCH AROUND THE DANCE FLOOR, MAYBE PROMOTERS SHOULD LET YOUNGER PEOPLE IN FOR FREE BECAUSE THE KIDS OF TODAY ARE THE AUDIENCE OF TOMMOROW.

Social source share

The boy I am talking about goes with his mum and dad or the equivalent.

The person i'm on about i last seen at Radcliff only seen him with a dad type.

Social source share