Tempos - I'll Never Forget You

• Replies 25
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Think the last one I saw was for about £700 in a deal, cash/trades. Think one before was £600 cash, can't quite remember. JM books it at £1k and like Rod I think that's a bit hopeful, but who knows? Magic record but like Dave said don't think that many punters really know it. Andy Dyson has been playing it on and off for last couple years or so.

Social source share

What's the B-side like? is it any thing else from Thelma and what came first this or Joe Matthews. :lol:

ITS THE INSTRUMENTAL TO LONELY ONE........................ TEMPO`S /STEPTONES................... ITS CALLED DISC JOCKEY PARADISE. I EVEN PLAYED IT OUT ONCE. WORTH A GRAND ON RARITY COMPARED TO SOME 45`S IMO. I THINK JOE MATTHEWS CAME FIRST

DAVE

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

Have a word with Mark Bicknell. He had a copy up for offers in June.

Think £1000 is very ambitious. Maybe £500? Doubt wdj or regular makes much difference to most prospective buyers.

ROD

don't know if it makes a value difference but I've never seen a stock copy of this

Social source share

I have one.

This 45 was around over here cheap years ago.

COPIES MUST BE IN COLLECTIONS OR NO ONE WANTS TO SELL IT. IMO IVE SEEN IT ONLY ABOUT TEN OR SO TIMES IN THE LAST 20 YEARS.........7 OR SO DEMO` AND 3 BLACK STOCKS. I KNOW ITS NOT FASHIONABLE AT THE MOMENT THO

DAVE

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

COPIES MUST BE IN COLLECTIONS OR NO ONE WANTS TO SELL IT. IMO IVE SEEN IT ONLY ABOUT TEN OR SO TIMES IN THE LAST 20 YEARS.........7 OR SO DEMO` AND 3 BLACK STOCKS. I KNOW ITS NOT FASHIONABLE AT THE MOMENT THO

DAVE

I think maybe the stock was imported to england because all the copies that come up for sale from detroit now are promos

Social source share

a wedge of black stocks probably came over in the 70`s or early 80`s and thats where rod most likely got his from but i dont think there were too many or it would show and it rarely does. for the record mine is a vg (at best) white promo with 4 `x` on label but plays perfect.i bought it in 98 for £100 and being a man of limited means its been the only chance ive had to own it

dave

Social source share

a wedge of black stocks probably came over in the 70`s or early 80`s and thats where rod most likely got his from but i dont think there were too many or it would show and it rarely does. for the record mine is a vg (at best) white promo with 4 `x` on label but plays perfect.i bought it in 98 for £100 and being a man of limited means its been the only chance ive had to own it

dave

I was offered a mint minus issue back in late 2001 or early 2002

The seller wanted £500 for it then :thumbsup: which seemed way over at the time - so I declined

Have seen a few since then but mostly rough looking white promos :yes:

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

Any idea what a Ex copy Diamond Jim Issue goes for these days. I've checked Popsike demo went for $789

Here's one that sold on here earlier in the yr .......to a lucky fella from the N.east who always get's up with the larks:yes:

Edited by NEV
Social source share

Quite a few black stock copies in North Wales, brought over either by Bob Foster or John Evans in the 70's, Soul Chef told me last night he's had three copies back in the 80's, almost sure Mark Bicknells copy came from North Wales as well. One just been found by a friend in box of 60's pop, which had about 20 soul/northern records, cost him £20 for the box on the basis of the 60's pop records, which were in nice covers while all the others were sleeveless. The vinyl on all the soul 45's are in Ex condition though despite this fact. The friend has no interest in the soul 45's so trying to tie up a deal with him, but he does have the JM guide so he knows the value and I ain't gonna get it for £20.00.

Social source share

I had kenny burrells old copy (issue mint) which i went to sell for £700 about 5 years ago. Its a though one to find these days and more importantly a great detroit dancer. :thumbsup:

Greg

which if I remember right I helped you selling to a fellow soulie overe here in Berlin as I was too stint at the time to buy it myself. Sth. I still regret up to today as its the last Diamond Jim record missing.

Marc

Social source share

Mark tell him i'll buy the Box for £25 in need a new box...if he wants he can leave the records with it. :thumbsup: LOl

Phil

Quite a few black stock copies in North Wales, brought over either by Bob Foster or John Evans in the 70's, Soul Chef told me last night he's had three copies back in the 80's, almost sure Mark Bicknells copy came from North Wales as well. One just been found by a friend in box of 60's pop, which had about 20 soul/northern records, cost him £20 for the box on the basis of the 60's pop records, which were in nice covers while all the others were sleeveless. The vinyl on all the soul 45's are in Ex condition though despite this fact. The friend has no interest in the soul 45's so trying to tie up a deal with him, but he does have the JM guide so he knows the value and I ain't gonna get it for £20.00.

Edited by Phil Blacknell
Social source share

Guest Tom Walsh

Have a stock copy myself,bought it off George Sharp in early 80s, £15.

atb,Geoff.

Hi Geoff, I have a nice white demo bought from soul bowl about 10 years ago!

ATB,

Pete :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!