Your Top Three D.j's Ever

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andy Dyson, Stuart Bennett, Andy Killick three more Super Spinners !!!

Alec Jones, Mick Smith, Adey Crosdale.... three more

Keith Money, the brill Simon Hunt, Pete Hullatt ...three more

Roger Banks & Hoss & the Mace Man three more to rock yer boat !!!

There are plenty of really good dj,s out there who have a brill taste in rare soul people like Flanny & Barry Malledy, Kev Murphy ect ect ect

i could go on all nite mate !!!

Thats My boy I knew you would only be winded!! or something had moved on the end of your Rod!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ps have you fallen out with Carl Willingham, Kenny Burrell and George Hunt etc,etc, etc,:yes:

Social source share

• Replies 144
  • Views 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Jerry (Hippo) Hipkiss together with two mirror images of his-fineself!! This guy has championed the radio broadcast of soul/northern soul since the early eighties(not-a lot of people know that) A national treasure in this part of Gloucestershire.Oh, by the way it's his birthday today.Not sure how old but may i borrow your bus pass tomorrow kid, i need to go into town to the bank!!!!

Social source share

• 4 months later...
Guest I KNOW NOTHING

RICHARD SERLING.... DAVE RAISTRICK..... DAVE EVISON. all are icons in there own right. and no particular order neither. and lets not forget the 1 and only funnyman dj himself.... YOCKI.

Edited by I KNOW NOTHING
Social source share

Top 3? Easy!

Karl Heard

George Mahood

Andy Dyson/Mick H/Johnny Beggs/Des Parker

It is difficult for me to select just three name as being a " favourite " DJ , so I will settle for one .

Alan Day ........ for his " cavalier " attitude .

Malc

Social source share

4 that always deliver imo up north

Keith Money his Dundee 6th annivesay set was just sublime I remember when he finished thinking what the fook just happened

Fraser Dunn Great nuff said

John Mac again great guy and dj

Gasher always has the punters sneaking over the decks to see what he is playing

Also recently hearing George Mahood , Albert Petit , & Sebastian right up there at the top keeping the scene fresh

Edited by fifesoul
Social source share

Butch

Gilly

Cliff Steele

Quite scary to see how few people mention Butch, as usual most people either quote their mates or people who are cutting it right now, shows just how few people on here actually have any real perspective on the scene's history or go to anything remotely like a proper Northern gig for me,

Great choices Chris, not only 3 great dj's, although Gilly was always a reluctant DJ, but 3 people who have been hugely important in influencing the evolution of this scene and have spent most of their lifes digging for something different that has the quality mark,

I think it would be more interesting to have a who is most influential or the old unsung hero of the scene title, which for me Gilly wins hands down.

Social source share

Guest STANGROUND SOUL

Nev Wherry RIP,Ginger ,Tony Deller ,these 3 are my fav of all time from the days of the fleet allnighters,and st ives in the late 70s ,im not saying they are/were the best.just the DJs i alwayed liked

Social source share

Same as you but got to add Colin Curtis and Soul Sam.thumbsup.gif

to many to mention, even when chalky DJ at life line, in the early days, lot of the stuff he played to me, like desert island blue's, over the years one of the best collections going, in my opinion, take tim brown best collection going, when DJ's he plays total dog shit, oops shouldnt of mentioned that, if your looking tim, i love you to bits in a soulful way, keep on, keeping on, Billy. :)

Social source share

Guest Decroco

only just seen this Karen, the fiver is in the post!X

I can't name just 3 as it would be a disservice to myself to only choose 3 :huh:

Mick H

Karl Heard

Big George

Steve Scordas

Steve Cato

Des Parker

Johnny Beggs

Joan

Andy Dyson

Wayne Dearman

Steve Green

Bearsy

Dave Abbott

Cliff Steel (6ts sets)

Chalky

Mike Eskins

Burger Boy Mace :thumbsup:

I'd love a nighter to be put on with that lot heading!

Social source share

Guest Southern Brian

Peter Young best present D J on radio, Johnny Walker on the pirates and Mike Raven in the 60ts

Alexis korner, John Peel and Mark Lammar. because not once have i turned the radio off listening to any of em.

Social source share

Guest Drewes

New favourite - Souliegrowcott on Youtube. Quality. This guy has (my) taste.

:hatsoff2: this is the man that got me back into the scene after all these years ... so fair play to you Mickeyb yes.gif x

Social source share

Guest Steve Lehair

y

Now I''ve thought about it:-

Larry Levan

Frankie Knuckles

David Morales

yes go along with that but i would thro in Tony Humphries

Social source share

top 3

bloody loads there all good ,me old mucker Derick allen , Nige brown ,ginger taylor

all play what the dance floor wants

like me lol

Stute soul club :thumbsup:

Hear Hear Span ,

also in my top 3

Ginger ...

Nige Brown....

Soul Sam...

Cos like you say , they all play what the floor wants

Social source share

for top soul in northamptonshire during late seventies and eighties has to be glenn bellamy

(RUG)( russ bowers RIP) and tony parker we was so lucky to hear the top sounds they had between them some great nights at the dog and duck in wellingborough and the wotsitsname hotel in rushden

Social source share

for top soul in northamptonshire during late seventies and eighties has to be glenn bellamy

(RUG)( russ bowers RIP) and tony parker we was so lucky to hear the top sounds they had between them some great nights at the dog and duck in wellingborough and the wotsitsname hotel in rushden

Didnt know Rug had passed away . Sorry to hear that .......RIP.

If I remember right he was the first to play Lester Tipton (at The Rock Foundation in Rushden ) early 1977 .Correct me if Im wrong

Social source share

Guest Steve Lehair

top 3

bloody loads there all good ,me old mucker Derick allen , Nige brown ,ginger taylor

all play what the dance floor wants

like me lol

Stute soul club :thumbsup:

yes heard you got some good records me old mate pity you never think to take them with youbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Didnt know Rug had passed away . Sorry to hear that .......RIP.

If I remember right he was the first to play Lester Tipton (at The Rock Foundation in Rushden ) early 1977 .Correct me if Im wrong

Christ i didnt know Rug had gone.....not sure what age he was. When i met him at st.ives i got a good load of stuff off him,monclaires,eula cooper....and i think he sold me the proffesionals,as to which i wonder who has today,i srcrbbed my name and address on run out!!!!!!

I had the offer on Lester Tipton....turned it down he wanted robby lawson off me....

he was great DJ,played my type of tunes.....

My top 3 dj's Richard S,Ian Clarke,Soul Sam

could be many others like Dave Thorley(not just beacuse he's a friend)Ady Pountain Greety,Roger Stewart & Tony Ellis

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert