• Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

How about this all time classic... :rolleyes:

metros - since i found my baby -

No ;abel picture I'm afraid, as I don't own a copy :yes: .

GOT THE 45!! GREAT TUNE AGAIN FROM PPP TEAM BUT UNFORTUNATELY NOT MASTERED THE SCANNER AND HAVE BEEN WARNED TO BE CAREFUL WITH SCANNING VINYL!!:thumbsup:

Social source share

Slight relevant tangent...can we also add the GWP team...if yes I noticed the WDs I've had over the last 12 months were different...add that to your list you RCA completists!

biggrin.gif

Hi Dave

I'm sure I asked our Dave one time about this but ....what is the difference between the GWP productions and the Pied Piper? I know that the Pied Piper were Mike Terry/Jack Ashford/Lorraine Chandler/Joe Hunter/H Williams but after thinking that GWP might be Golden World Productions for years I heard that they had something to do with a guy called George? Was George Kerr involved at any point? Just read back on the GWP threads and saw the George Kerr/Richard Tee association. Sure another George was mentiomed though who owned the GWP label. Anyone?

Here's one of my faves at the moment.

metros - the replacer -

post-13983-068653000 1280923892_thumb.jp

Edited by Kev Moore
Social source share

GWP is the same as the label, owned by Gerard W Purcell. It was the NYC end of the operation and when the Pied Piper productions finished they took over. They already had some of their own artists too. It's all in the GWP CD booklets. By coincidence George Kerr was a later producer on the actual GWP label.

Ady

Social source share

GWP is the same as the label, owned by Gerard W Purcell. It was the NYC end of the operation and when the Pied Piper productions finished they took over. They already had some of their own artists too. It's all in the GWP CD booklets. By coincidence George Kerr was a later producer on the actual GWP label.

Ady

Cheers Ady

It was the Gerard W Purcell and George Kerr I was getting mixed up with.

Best

Kev

Social source share

jm's story in neil rushton's book nearly brought me to tears, to think what was thrown in the garbage and lost forever is just mind blowing.

kev

I agree Kevin, I have always been both fascinated and somewhat mystified that the Pied Piper productions were never "catalogued" as such, (to my knowledge anyway! )I appreciate that Ady has thankfully included several unreleased gems on the two RCA (rare collectable and soulful) Kent compilations, and with regard to the "lost recordings" I agree with the sentiment of what could have been, considering the quality of the majority of output by the Pied Piper Team....I just hope that in due course....(as Flynny has mentioned) that a further opportunity to listen to more unreleased masterpieces of similar ilk is maybe possible?......wilxy

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!