Bank Holiday Soul Radio

I had a great weekend last week with Mike Ritson (co Author of The In Crowd and co publisher of Manifesto) popping in with a box of records. He came straight from the airport to the studio and stayed for over an hour. He gave up the chance to catch the FA cup final to squeeze in some more records. Thanks to Martin Gavin of Caledonia Soul for bringing Mike in. Anyway if you missed it the show (22/05/04) It should be upon the archive next month. I'll let you know. And I will be e mailing Mike for a list of records he played last week. I'm sorry but I was too busy chatting to type up what was played.

This Saturday at 2:30pm it's "reflections on northern soul" on www.radiomagnetic.com. I'll be playing some great northern and Motown rarities and classics. I've got a Jean Dushon album I want to play and singles from The Performers and Oscar Boyd. So yes there will be some R&B, some Southern and Latin Soul too.

There will be a live set recorded straight off the decks at Ready Steady GoGo in Inverness with Davie Hudson that sharp dressed man behind a pair of Buzzin' Technics.

I'll be reading out the gig guide for this Bank Holiday weekend and the rest of the week. (Friday Street is on tonight in Glasgow check www.friday-street.co.uk) I'll also try to squeeze in the Top Ten highest priced northern soul singles on e bay.

The archives are playing February and March shows. You can hear them anytime at www.radiomagnetic.com/archive/rnb.php and if you click on the "Forums" page then "Show playlists" then look through the six pages of all the radiomagnetc shows you should be able to find a reflections list to go with the archived show you are listening to.

If you would like a mention for yourself, your friends, your gig, club or magazine e mailme during the show at studio@radiomagnetic.com

FrankM

• Replies 0
  • Views 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic