Soul Sanctuary Horwich

I might have missed it but I can't find this in events talk so ... ...

In the current climate with so much on and with various venues struggling to sustain themselves, forgive me for shouting from the rooftops about 'yet' another one here.

First time at 'Soul Sanctuary' for me on Friday and wow, what a venue this is! Les and his lovely missus Sue are both passionate about the scene and have clearly set their stall out to try and provide folk with a truly high quality night. Awesome venue, great sound system, massive dancefloor, loads of parking etc etc etc and, most importantly, a very clear music policy which is based entirely on quality and, personally, is right up my street. Definitely not yer same old same old.

DJs Friday were Kev Murphy, little Steve, Carol Mc, Les and myself and (notwithstanding the fact that I was late getting there due to a puncture and various other dramas) what was played ticked all the boxes for me; proper underplayed oldies, rarities, a touch of rnb and the odd crossover thing thrown in for good measure. As I say, a bit of something to suit all tastes.

Great to see Susan and Eddie, Carol and Tall Paul who danced all night :D If they're in and having it you know someone's got something right!

Numbers were low, which may not be surprising in the current climate (I think there are about three events in Horwich alone at the monent) but this place really does have massive potential IMHO.

I know that Les and Sue certainly aren't promoting here to try and make any money; they're in it for absolutely the right reasons i.e. they want more than 'bog standard' and, again IMHO, have set their stall out to do it properly. (I also know that they have and will continue to do their very best to work with other local promoters to avoid clashes - as has been said so many times on here, the 'cake' is only so big and there's no point whatsoever in folk clashing as they'll all die on their arses).

In short, I would highly recommend this place to anyone who fancies a bit of a change and I, for one, will be there as often as possible in future: St Mary's Catholic Club, Berne Ave, Horwich, Bolton BL6 5QT

Maybe Les will post more info about future dates in events?

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

In the current climate with so much on and with various venues struggling to sustain themselves, forgive me for shouting from the rooftops about 'yet' another one here.

First time at 'Soul Sanctuary' for me on Friday and wow, what a venue this is! Les and his lovely missus Sue are both passionate about the scene and have clearly set their stall out to try and provide folk with a truly high quality night. Awesome venue, great sound system, massive dancefloor, loads of parking etc etc etc and, most importantly, a very clear music policy which is based entirely on quality and, personally, is right up my street. Definitely not yer same old same old.

DJs Friday were Kev Murphy, little Steve, Carol Mc, Les and myself and (notwithstanding the fact that I was late getting there due to a puncture and various other dramas) what was played ticked all the boxes for me; proper underplayed oldies, rarities, a touch of rnb and the odd crossover thing thrown in for good measure. As I say, a bit of something to suit all tastes.

Great to see Susan and Eddie, Carol and Tall Paul who danced all night :thumbsup: If they're in and having it you know someone's got something right!

Numbers were low, which may not be surprising in the current climate (I think there are about three events in Horwich alone at the monent) but this place really does have massive potential IMHO.

I know that Les and Sue certainly aren't promoting here to try and make any money; they're in it for absolutely the right reasons i.e. they want more than 'bog standard' and, again IMHO, have set their stall out to do it properly. (I also know that they have and will continue to do their very best to work with other local promoters to avoid clashes - as has been said so many times on here, the 'cake' is only so big and there's no point whatsoever in folk clashing as they'll all die on their arses).

In short, I would highly recommend this place to anyone who fancies a bit of a change and I, for one, will be there as often as possible in future: St Mary's Catholic Club, Berne Ave, Horwich, Bolton BL6 5QT

GLAD YOU ENJOYED IT MATE !!! WHAT A TERRIBLE NIGHT TO GET A PUNCTURE IT LASHED IT DOWN ALL NIGHT YOU MUST OF BEEN SOAKED. YOU SHOULD OF RUNG ME I WOULD HAVE COME AND DONE IT FOR YOU IN MY WATERPROOFS CAUSE THATS WHAT MATES ARE FOR!!!:yes: NOW REMEMBER YOU OWE ME ONE AS ALTHOUGH I DIDN'T DO IT FOR YOU I DID OFFER AND THAT STILL COUNTS :D:D ATB JOHN

Great to see Susan and Eddie, Carol and Tall Paul who danced all night :yes: If they're in and having it you know someone's got something right!

les i was wrong mate :lol: anyway its hard work but im sure it will come right for you

Edited by steptoe
Guest TMG507

I went to this event on Friday night and agree with you it was excellent night,

The music policy is bang on!! all the DJ's mixed it up well,

Stick with it Les & Sue, I'm sure once the word gets out, and folk realise what they have been missing out on the numbers will increase.

It is a good venue, easy to find, with a great sound system.

I will not want to miss the next one on the 20th August.

Apologies all for the delayed response. Just wanted to say a heartfelt thanks to all the positive comments posted this week. They mean a lot.

The next Soul Sanctuary event on Friday 20th August promises another quality night of soul with yet another great line-up of DJ's including Gary Parr, Pete Everett,(Sink) Nigal A (Burscough) and Wigan Paul.

We look forward to seeing you there. The venue, dancefloor and music that 'hits the spot' will not disappoint.

ATB

Les and Sue

Apologies all for the delayed response. Just wanted to say a heartfelt thanks to all the positive comments posted this week. They mean a lot.

The next Soul Sanctuary event on Friday 20th August promises another quality night of soul with yet another great line-up of DJ's including Gary Parr, Pete Everett,(Sink) Nigal A (Burscough) and Wigan Paul.

We look forward to seeing you there. The venue, dancefloor and music that 'hits the spot' will not disappoint.

ATB

Les and Sue

keep up the good work you two I hope this works out for you got a soft spot for Horwich as you well know but I was working against the council!!:thumbsup::unsure::huh: ATB John.

Thanks John

Yes it was a shame about that but when they changed the room it was not the same. Hope to see you at the Sanctuary some time

ATB Les + Sue

We will make it Les!! We are just in the middle of moving !!but once we get settled we will be down! Hope you and Sue are keeping well!!:thumbsup: see you soon:thumbsup: ATB John.