Disciples Of Soul

Many thanks to the folk who made this a great first night,our guest d.j.s did us proud,namely MICK DONNELLY PLAYED A TOP SET,GARY HOLIMAN STEPPING IN FOR JOHN WESTON WIDENING MY MIND TO SOME SUPERB 70'S,TED MASSEY,WHAT CAN YOU SAY ABOUT TED PURE QUALITY ALL THE WAY,TOP TUNE AFTER TOP TUNE,ROB SMITH,THELEGEND THAT IS,ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT AGAIN,STEVE GREEN AND BOB CORNACK,BLEW ME AWAY WITH THEIR TUNES AND UTTER CONVICTION,THESE GUYS DO A ROOM OF THEIR OWN AT LOWTON, I URGE YOU TO CHECK IT OUT I GUARANTEE YOU WIIL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED. THANKS TO ALL THE PAYING PUBLIC,WHICH MAKES THIS WORTHWHILE.CHECK OUT OUR NEXT DATE SEPT 4th WHICH IS A NITER WITH A BRILL LINE UP,SEE THREAD ALREADY UNDER WAY

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Phil Richards

Many thanks to the folk who made this a great first night,our guest d.j.s did us proud,namely MICK DONNELLY PLAYED A TOP SET,GARY HOLIMAN STEPPING IN FOR JOHN WESTON WIDENING MY MIND TO SOME SUPERB 70'S,TED MASSEY,WHAT CAN YOU SAY ABOUT TED PURE QUALITY ALL THE WAY,TOP TUNE AFTER TOP TUNE,ROB SMITH,THELEGEND THAT IS,ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT AGAIN,STEVE GREEN AND BOB CORNACK,BLEW ME AWAY WITH THEIR TUNES AND UTTER CONVICTION,THESE GUYS DO A ROOM OF THEIR OWN AT LOWTON, I URGE YOU TO CHECK IT OUT I GUARANTEE YOU WIIL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED. THANKS TO ALL THE PAYING PUBLIC,WHICH MAKES THIS WORTHWHILE.CHECK OUT OUR NEXT DATE SEPT 4th WHICH IS A NITER WITH A BRILL LINE UP,SEE THREAD ALREADY UNDER WAY

Yes what a top night with some superb sounds and what a nice club, looking forward to the nighter there with 2 rooms :lol:

Top nite, great people and the organisers and Djs did us proud- well worth the trip up from Wiltshire, a pleasure to listen to some tunes I've never heard before and great to meet up with some top soulies

Glad you could get up here Matt suprised and pleased to see Andy Hutchins been a long time had a vsit form Pat Bleasdale as well, all the Dj's pulled out the stops should be more cracking nights there:thumbsup:

Edited by Ted Massey

first of all sorry to be so late..have been up to my eyes as per usual:hypo:

glad you enjoyed it Matt..and we hope you come back for more:yes:

we got there at 7 to set up, and took an hour to sort out the gremlins, theres always summat.Woody was pulling his hair out, what bit hes got left, all sorted thank god, have to say a massive thanks to the lowton lads, who got lost on the way, and came in with a sweat on, Bob Cornock & Steve Green, were brilliant, and I thank them for that, and they will be back at a later date, with Karl, at our niter, Ted, massive thanks, you always do what I ask you to do for me , and play excactly what,s needed at the right time, and thats why you must be the most booked DJ on ss.and thats why we will always( even though we take the pee sometimes and wind you up)have you again and again, you have the tunes, and I love em..Rob smith was a scream,,out on the balcony, as I had forgot to put his table by a light socket, and then noticed when dj,ing he had his records on the floor, untill I pointed out the table to him,which makes no differance cos I tell you what he pulled out is :wicked:just awsome,,so all in all a great experaince, a fantastic turn out in theses hard times, and it gave some people a chance to see the 2nd room, sorry about the same DVD of beat over and over again, as I could not remember where I had put the others!!! and sorry for calling it a nite at 2-30, even though there where some die hard dancers still going strong, but mine and Woodys head was banging, and I needed my bed badly,and thats one of the reasons for goin to a sat night. plus I forgot my bloody camera, so cant show any pics , unless anyone else took any, I cant remember. and yes perhaps we have found our home at last, only time will tell as will the punters, but like we always say, watch this space!

I can only agree with all the comments. Well worth the heavy Friday/ holiday traffic,not to mention the dreaded road works to get to this night. The music by all was superb and what a great venue. Never saw the room that the nighter will be in but Lou explained the outlay to me and it sounds perfect. Enjoyed chating to Lou, Woody and Ted for the first time. Good luck with this venue. Will be back but will leave a home a bit earlier :thumbsup:

Maybe some playlist please.

All the best.

Pat.

Guest Mick Donnelly

Thanks to Lou and Woody for asking me across for the re-opening of the disciples, always a pleasure to get across to the West Midlands and play a few from what.s left in the boxes these days

A nice freindly atmosphere with some real nice music aswell ..... we enjoyed it a great deal ... I would like to tihink this can only go from strength to strength :thumbsup:

Best of luck with your all niter down there and once again thanks for asking

Mick

I can only agree with all the comments. Well worth the heavy Friday/ holiday traffic,not to mention the dreaded road works to get to this night. The music by all was superb and what a great venue. Never saw the room that the nighter will be in but Lou explained the outlay to me and it sounds perfect. Enjoyed chating to Lou, Woody and Ted for the first time. Good luck with this venue. Will be back but will leave a home a bit earlier :thumbsup:

Maybe some playlist please.

All the best.

Pat.

yes pat your a star. I cant get over the fact you came all on your own,now thats what I call commitment to this soul scene! its a real pleasure to talk to a like minded lady, except when one of us had our ears pricked up by a tune, and made a quick one two to the dance floor:lol: will catch you soon I hope, yes playlists would be great. Steve green will post thursday as hes indisposed(cant spell that word) at the moment.thanks again Pat meant a lot to us!

Thanks to Lou and Woody for asking me across for the re-opening of the disciples, always a pleasure to get across to the West Midlands and play a few from what.s left in the boxes these days

A nice freindly atmosphere with some real nice music aswell ..... we enjoyed it a great deal ... I would like to tihink this can only go from strength to strength :thumbsup:

Mick

cheers Mick how about a playlist !sorry about trying to move yr table, told you its an experiance at Disciples and one you will never forget:D

Guest Phil Richards

Mick

Hi there Mick i don't know you but must say how much i liked your spot.

Guest Mick Donnelly

cheers Mick how about a playlist !

all of these are still up for grabs ... so if you want any of them drop me a line

Vernon Garrett - Angel Doll

Willie McDougal - Don't turn away

Geraldine Hunt - Two can live cheaper than one

Wallace Johnson - Baby go ahead

The Masqueraders - I ain't gonna stop

Wales Wallace - Somebody I know

The Imperial Wonders - You live only once

Sam Moore and the Chi's TNT's - I'm so jealous

Joyce Davis - Hello heartaches goodbye love

The Winstons - Ain't nothing like a little loving

The Headlines - Looking for a love

Viola Wills - The first time

The Lovettes - I need a guy

The Exits - I don't want to hear it

Skip Jackson and the Shantons - I'm onto you girl

The Imperial Wonders - Just a dream

Andrea Henry - I need you like a baby

The Holidays - I lost you

Dottie and Millie - Nothing in this world

Buddy Lamp - Save your love

Vernon Greene - Look at me look at me

Briggette Koberley - Don't you love and leave me

Guest Mick Donnelly

Hi there Mick i don't know you but must say how much i liked your spot.

Cheers Phil, makes it all worthwhile when you get nice feedback like that

p.s. they are all up for sale if you want any of them :thumbsup:

Glad you could get up here Matt suprised and pleased to see Andy Hutchins been a long time had a vsit form Pat Bleasdale as well, all the Dj's pulled out the stops should be more cracking nights there:thumbsup:

I know Andy enjoyed it as much as all of us- good to see him out and about again- thanks again for a top nite!

Hi lou sorry for such a late post thanks for asking me and bob to play for ya we enjoyed it .

There was a great crowd in and all seemed to be enjoying themselves ,think this venue will go on from strengh to strengh think ya could do with a cage round the decks though !!!!

Was great to catch up with Andy Hutchins been a while and there's a man with some tunes Lou!!!!

Bring on the nighter in Sept c ya all there...

Hi lou sorry for such a late post thanks for asking me and bob to play for ya we enjoyed it .

There was a great crowd in and all seemed to be enjoying themselves ,think this venue will go on from strengh to strengh think ya could do with a cage round the decks though !!!!

Was great to catch up with Andy Hutchins been a while and there's a man with some tunes Lou!!!!

Bring on the nighter in Sept c ya all there...

cheers steve see ya friday all being well, and yes your right about Andy, will chat to you soon as, give love to vicky,

and once more thanks to everybody for getting this off the ground:thumbsup: