Horwich Rmi 31St July

Guest porky yorkie

Guest porky yorkie

Well the numbers were about the same as our last event. And let's face it, it is the holiday season. I DO HAVE ONE REQUEST COULD PEOPLE WHO SAY THEY ARE COMING AND DON'T, JUST DON'T COMITT TO COMING WE WON'T BE OFFENDED.

But the music was certainly top notch.

I told you Steve and Tony wouldn't disappoint and they certainly didn't. I like these guys cos they have a serious attitude to their music and boy did it come through last night. ( It was nice to hear one of my all time faves without requesting it )

Pete Everett played some superb sounds another guy that never disapoints no matter where he plays.

Dereck Higham What can I say, Once again such a solid couple of spots. As like Steve, Tony and Pete, Dereck played some music with such attitude.

Then there was Soulsmurf, such a good choice and range of Northern, She realy got into the groove last night, she even had a little outburst over the mic. ( as per usual TOO much voddy, ask Tony ). But when Jeff turned up with a bag of surprises, Liz just had to play ( I have the evidence I took a couple of photos to prove it )

Thanks to all the DJs for contributing to such a good night of Northern Soul, and a special thanks go out to all that turned up to dance and enjoy the music.

ps I hope you've recovered and ready for work tomorrow Tony :lol::yes::lol:

I hope everyone enjoyed Soulsmurf and my trial run for our next event The charity dayer in October which is a Guys versus Gals.

Sorry for the late entry I've just got in from work.

Pete

• Replies 14
  • Views 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Well the numbers were about the same as our last event. And let's face it, it is the holiday season. I DO HAVE ONE REQUEST COULD PEOPLE WHO SAY THEY ARE COMING AND DON'T, JUST DON'T COMITT TO COMING WE WON'T BE OFFENDED.

I told you Steve and Tony wouldn't disappoint and they certainly didn't. I like these guys cos they have a serious attitude to their music and boy did it come through last night. ( It was nice to hear one of my all time faves without requesting it )

Pete Everett played some superb sounds another guy that never disapoints no matter where he plays.

Dereck Higham What can I say, Once again such a solid couple of spots. As like Steve, Tony and Pete, Dereck played some music with such attitude.

Then there was Soulsmurf, such a good choice and range of Northern, She realy got into the groove last night, she even had a little outburst over the mic. ( as per usual TOO much voddy, ask Tony ). But when Jeff turned up with a bag of surprises, Liz just had to play ( I have the evidence I took a couple of photos to prove it )

Thanks to all the DJs for contributing to such a good night of Northern Soul, and a special thanks go out to all that turned up to dance and enjoy the music.

I hope everyone enjoyed Soulsmurf and my trial run for our next event The charity dayer in October which is a Guys versus Gals.

Pete

Thanks for asking us Pete,

I enjoyed playing a few, and I think one or two liked hearing 'em.

Anyway, here they are.

Nowhere To Run, Nowhere To Hide-Witches & The Warlock-Sew City

Why Girl-Precisions-Drew

What Can Go Wrong-Thrills-Capitol

You Shouldn't Throw Stones-Sir Mack Rice-Blue Rock

Baby Be Good-Joe Tex-Dial

Sugar Baby-the Icemen-Samar

Number One Fool-Fabulous Emotions-Nico

You Better Tell Her So-George Byrd-Tangerine

You Better Think It Over-DuShons-Golden Gate

I Want-Errol Dixon-Rainbow

No Trespassing-Faith Hope & Charity-Sussex

That Girl-Royal Jesters-Optimum

Gotta Find a New Love-Willie & The Handjives-Veep

Don't Come Running To Me-Madeline Bell-Philips

He Ain't No Angel-Ad Libs-Blue Cat.

Take it Easy

Tony

Guest porky yorkie

I don't think I was the only one who enjoyed your music Tony, once again thanks.

I take it Liz's vodka got to ya, cos I know there's one record missin' off your play list. Mind you I did like your waltz.

See ya soon

Take care

Pete n Liz

I don't think I was the only one who enjoyed your music Tony, once again thanks.

I take it Liz's vodka got to ya, cos I know there's one record missin' off your play list. Mind you I did like your waltz.

See ya soon

Take care

Pete n Liz

You sure, I thought that was 'em all.

Musta been one of Steve's

Tony

A pleasure to spin a few choons

at Horwich RMI

Here's what i remember playing

Get Ready------Ella Fitzgerald----Reprise

Price of Love----Marshall & The Chilites---Dakar

No More Will I Cry----Olympics----Loma

Focused On You----Bernard Williams----Harthon

Call On Me-----Presentations-----American Music Makers

Easy Baby------Adventurers------Compass

He Don't Love You------Levon & The Hawks-----Atco

Who Do You Think You Are----The Soul City------Good Time

I'd Best Be Going------Vito & The Salutations------Red Boy

You Can't Run Away From Me------Wanderers-----United Artists

Wrapped Tied & Tangled-----Lavern Baker--------Brunswick

Please Leave Me------Drake & The Ensolids--------Alteen

I'm A Peace Loving Man-------Emanuel Laskey------Thelma

Abracadabra------Erma Franklin-------Epic

Steve

I would like to thank all for sat nite, another great night at Horwich RMI. Numbers like Pete said where similar to the last time, however it is holiday season and it is difficult with Radcliffe just up the road. But everyone seemed to have a great nite.

Thanks to Jeff for my little Smurf family.

C u all in October for out Charity event which will run from 4pm till 2am. nearly all the guys and gals have confirmed their spots, this one is sure to be a cracker. Come on the Gals.

Smurfy :huh:

Edited by soulsmurf
Guest porky yorkie

Hi ya you two, 'ow's the doin? ok we hope We ain't seen ya for a while.

If I can work out 'ow to put the picies on this forum you'll have a giggle at Liz playin in the smurf village.

I can't even remember what I played ( Nothin' new there then ).

Untill we see ya take care

Pete n Liz

Guest porky yorkie

A pleasure to spin a few choons

at Horwich RMI

Here's what i remember playing

Get Ready------Ella Fitzgerald----Reprise

Price of Love----Marshall & The Chilites---Dakar

No More Will I Cry----Olympics----Loma

Focused On You----Bernard Williams----Harthon

Call On Me-----Presentations-----American Music Makers

Easy Baby------Adventurers------Compass

He Don't Love You------Levon & The Hawks-----Atco

Who Do You Think You Are----The Soul City------Good Time

I'd Best Be Going------Vito & The Salutations------Red Boy

You Can't Run Away From Me------Wanderers-----United Artists

Wrapped Tied & Tangled-----Lavern Baker--------Brunswick

Please Leave Me------Drake & The Ensolids--------Alteen

I'm A Peace Loving Man-------Emanuel Laskey------Thelma

Abracadabra------Erma Franklin-------Epic

Steve

Thanks for playin' some crackin' music Steve, I can't tell you how much I realy enjoyed your music, personaly The music you and Tony play is a breath of fresh air, you always play something I've not heared before but I've just gotta dance to it.

And for the people who know me and Liz we like our tempo high. THE PAIR OF YOU DID HEYWOOD PROUD.

We hope to make the next one at yours but if we can't, at least I've had a fix untill we do get there.

All the best

Pete

Guest bury masonic

Pete

Yes was a great night ,even tho the numbers were down,but that did not matter!!!

Everyone enjoyed themselves,thats all that counts

Roll on the alldayer in October,its going to be a cracker!!! :yes:::no:

Anyone who hasnt been before give us a try ,you wont be dissapointed

Its all for charity,so please try and help a good cause!!!.......K.T.F :lol:

Dereck,Sheila ,Ian & Rita

Bury Masonic Soul Club :lol:

Edited by bury masonic

Yes was a great night ,even tho the numbers were down,but that did not matter!!!

Everyone enjoyed themselves,thats all that counts

Roll on the alldayer in October,its going to be a cracker!!! :lol:::lol:

Anyone who hasnt been before give us a try ,you wont be dissapointed

Its all for charity,so please try and help a good cause!!!.......K.T.F :hatsoff2:

Dereck,Sheila ,Ian & Rita

Bury Masonic Soul Club :rolleyes:

Hi Dereck, Sheila, Ian and Rita

Ya another nite of quality music. Don't forget ur fancy dress for the october night. Pete n I appriceate all your support with Horwich.

C ya soon

Smurfy n Pete

Hi Dereck, Sheila, Ian and Rita

Ya another nite of quality music. Don't forget ur fancy dress for the october night. Pete n I appriceate all your support with Horwich.

C ya soon

Smurfy n Pete

So that's you and Pete painted blue then.:hatsoff2:

BTW what was Pete's favourite tune played that he didn't ask for???:rolleyes:

T

Edited by tonyp

So that's you and Pete painted blue then.:yes:

BTW what was Pete's favourite tune played that he didn't ask for???:D

T

Adams Apples - Don't Take it out on this World, is pete's fav tunage however don't know what he asked for on the nite.

i might indeed come painted blue you will have to wait and c. Thanks again Tony and Steve u did not disappoint, hope the voddy was strong enough. :yes:

C u soon. Smurfy