Lucky Carmichael - Hey Girl / Blues With A Feeling

Wanted - Loma 2006 - Lucky Carmichael - Hey Girl / Blues with a feeling

Both sides preferably EX - inc'l labels.

PM's please...

Oh, also after a nice clean copy of Loma 2038 - Alton Joseph & The Jokers (Issue) - EX both sides inc labels. (Sorted, thanks, but still looking for Lucky Carmichael)

Edited by rigilbert
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 11
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I am pretty sure I have the Alton Joseph but think it is a demo which I am assuming is no good to you, if it is you can have it, I have given up on the

Loma run and just keeping the good soul records.

Do you know I don't think I have ever seen a Lucky Carmichael in my years of searching, have you had one to date?

Social source share

I am pretty sure I have the Alton Joseph but think it is a demo which I am assuming is no good to you, if it is you can have it, I have given up on the

Loma run and just keeping the good soul records.

Do you know I don't think I have ever seen a Lucky Carmichael in my years of searching, have you had one to date?

Thanks, Jocko. I'd sort of set my sights on an issue of Alton Joseph just because it seems that little bit harder to find. Still, a demo would be just as good in terms of helping me complete the set. It's not a hard record to find, but, like bus syndrome, you don't see any for ages then three or four come along at the same time.

So, yes please. I'll happily take the demo from you. Let me know details by PM... thumbsup.gif

It's pretty much the same with Lucky Carmichael. I've seen numerous copies in the time I've been collecting the label, typically under £20, and so whilst chasing harder Loma 45s I stupidly fell into that complacent attitude of "I'll pick it up next time". Ironically it's become one of the two I need to finish the set.

I have a feeling that it might have become popular on a R&B/jump blues scene as I've come across a number of references to it online in the last years or so. That might explain why copies appear to have dried up over that time!

As a point of trivia - there is (to the best of my limited knowledge) no demo copy of this 45. The yellow label of 'Hey Girl' has a star - the only Loma issue with such a mark - indicating the plug/play side!

Social source share

I do have the Alton Joseph mate, but didnt have time to check if its an issue or a demo, it will probably be tomorrow before I can get my hands on it and let you know that and what condition it is in, trust that is okay,

I have the second of the G-Clefs release, I Can't Stand It, gave the first one away I think, I think its a demo but not sure what condition it is in, I will let you know tomorrow if that is the one you are interested in, let me know.

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

Thanks, Jock. Any time you're able to have a look...

I did post in here ages ago asking for a copy of the G-Clefs - I can't stand it/Whirlwind - which is a real tough one to find. I got a PM from someone here who told me that they had a copy. That was it. They never replied to my follow up PM asking for details of condition & price. Guess they just wanted to let me know that they had a copy!! :no:

If Steve isn't interested in the copy you have, I will be.

Social source share