Kent Soul Club 31-7-2010

Guest Bearsy

Guest Bearsy

Just got back from a weekend in Medway and of course a night at KSC, Just wanna say thanks to Magoo for asking me to spin some tunes it was an amazing feeling to be back behind them decks again after a 2 and half years away, i wasnt expecting too much what with it being holiday season and plenty of other things on so by 9-30 when i was just finishing my first set there wasnt many peeps in but by 10pm the place was rammed which for a venue like that it makes the nigth oh so much better, all the djs imho were on the ball and mixed it up so there was something for everyone with the dance floor starting off slowly but not emptying until the very last tune, great to see Kev & Imogen and my good buddy Simon Murray supporting the night and also meeting Joel Maslin and partner and will see you soon oop town :lol: all in all a brilliant night and the best night ive ever had there it was buzzing and thanks to all those for the compliments on my sets i hope you really did enjoy it as much as me :) lots of happy soulies having a great time and credit where credit is due a big :yes: to Magoo & Toni for nearly 5 years of putting their heart and soul into Kents finest soul night :lol:

atb

Bearsy & Marie

Edited by Bearsy
  • Replies 18
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest soulmanherts

Got to say also what a great night our 1st time to kents soul night...top place to have a soul night too...defo be back at sometime...good too see everyone bearsy, neil, yoga and everyone one else. we will be back from St Albans at sometime very soon

Guest kent soul club

Thanks for the write up Mr Bear :lol:

And it was great to have you back, you definetly brought some atmosphere with you (of the good variety!) :yes: Heard some differing comments on your set, but I think it worked well-as the dance floor proved. The Kent crowd are getting more excepting of new tunes.

Sometimes feels like hard work putting the night on, but nights like last night make it well worth it!:yes:

Great to meet and chat to Wiggyflat - now I'm torn between my usual haunt, Boogaloo, and your do next Saturday!

Always pleased when Yogi makes the effort to travel down to Kent-cheers mate! Not sure if we spoke, soulmanherts, but glad you came and enjoyed the night.

Cheers to Pete McKenna for coming down to promote the new book, and I'm looking forward to seeing KSC getting a mention in your next one.:)

Cheers to Kev for the Spider Turner record-played late on and it sounded ace!:lol:

Thanks also to Bunny and Lee for keeping the floor busy all night, and most of all thanks to the great soul people who come to DANCE!

Guest dj's for October are Pete Kelross and Paul McKay.

Edited by kent soul club
Guest Bearsy

Thanks for the write up Mr Bear :yes:

And it was great to have you back, you definetly brought some atmosphere with you (of the good variety!) :D Heard some differing comments on your set, but I think it worked well-as the dance floor proved. The Kent crowd are getting more excepting of new tunes.

Sometimes feels like hard work putting the night on, but nights like last night make it well worth it!:yes:

Great to meet and chat to Wiggyflat - now I'm torn between my usual haunt, Boogaloo, and your do next Saturday!

Always pleased when Yogi makes the effort to travel down to Kent-cheers mate! Not sure if we spoke, soulmanherts, but glad you came and enjoyed the night.

Cheers to Pete McKenna for coming down to promote the new book, and I'm looking forward to seeing KSC getting a mention in your next one.wink.gif

Cheers to Kev for the Spider Turner record-played late on and it sounded ace!:thumbsup:

Thanks also to Bunny and Lee for keeping the floor busy all night, and most of all thanks to the great soul people who come to DANCE!

heard the same too Martin :yes: oh well i said to one person, i guess im just that little bit more fortunate than you that i enjoy tunes i dont know as well as the ones i do :D but being thick skinned like i am i prefer to only listen to the good comments :lol:

still smiling and buzzing from how great a night it was :D

ps, did you forget to give me something :thumbsup::lol:

I had a great time, the venue and sound system are really good. Great friendly crowd as well. Bearsy played some excellent 45s, not just the heavy bits like Celebrities ect, but also interesting dancers like People's Choice on Wood City, Curtis Liggins ect and kept the floor full.

Will deffo be back :thumbsup:

Cheers!

J

I had a great time, the venue and sound system are really good. Great friendly crowd as well. Bearsy played some excellent 45s, not just the heavy bits like Celebrities ect, but also interesting dancers like People's Choice on Wood City, Curtis Liggins ect and kept the floor full.

Will deffo be back :D

Cheers!

J

I was shocked when he said he had the Celebrities , :huh:

Great night, :huh: and what a delight to see the floor full for most of the evening, well done to all DJ's.

Shame the ankle packed up early. However enjoyed myself as long as it lasted.

Bearsy, - what did you play??? I knew only 3 of your later set !!! It was great to hear something different and clearly the crowd appreciated the tunage. You sang every word to every tune, well done mate!

Can't wait to be back in sunny Kent later in the year.

Well done Martin :D

Cheers

Yogi

Edited by Willow

Cheers to Kev for the Spider Turner record-played late on and it sounded ace!:huh:

No problem Martin. For anyone else interested in one visit here £10 incl P + P Great tune, great dancer!

https://carlsmusic.blogspot.com/

SheetMusic.jpg

Thanks for a good night Martin. A good mixture of oldies but with the added BearFest:thumbsup: :D:yes:. Paul spends a lot of effort to stick some of those tunes in his box and it's nice to see them appreciated at KSC-nice one.

Lee did very well with a good oldie selection.yes.gif Bunny did the usual BunnySelection:yes:

The record I enjoyed the most was The Parliaments-'Don't Be Sore at Me'-quality cheap Detroit.:yes:

Keep up the good work.

Best

Kev

Edited by Kev Moore
Guest JimSLH

I thought the night was a blinder one of the best in a long time for me

everything was great the venue is superb it was built for a northern event

shame you found it first hatsoff2.gif

Well worth a vist if you have never been will be venturing in that direction again

hello to Kev Moore met on the night

Cheers

Jim

Edited by JimSLH
Guest kent soul club

heard the same too Martin :wave: oh well i said to one person, i guess im just that little bit more fortunate than you that i enjoy tunes i dont know as well as the ones i do :lol: but being thick skinned like i am i prefer to only listen to the good

comments :yes:

still smiling and buzzing from how great a night it was :lol:

ps, did you forget to give me something :lol::yes:

Thats the best policy. And good comments there were!:lol:

And yes I did:ohmy:(oops, sorry) Sort you out at Garden of England?

[

:hatsoff2:I'll second all of the above...great night, loads of uptempo northern soul that keeped the dancefloor full.Enjoyed all the sets and what a cracking venue...great mixture of oldies and newies....and a distinct lack of crappies.Will definately be back.Pity about Petes books not turning up.Thanks to Kev Moore for the taxi lift back as well.

"I was shocked when he said he had the Celebrities"

Reminds me of the time i mentioned i had a rare record to Fudge whos response was 'YOU?! What are YOU doing with a record like THAT?!' laugh.gif

I get similar responses Joel.

'You've been buying a lot of records Kev, where do you get the money from?'

I think it's funny. Everyone knows there's usually spare cash when the taxes/bills etc have been paid. We eat a lot of beans on toast in our house.

Kev

Guest Bearsy

"I was shocked when he said he had the Celebrities"

Reminds me of the time i mentioned i had a rare record to Fudge whos response was 'YOU?! What are YOU doing with a record like THAT?!' laugh.gif

peeps can be so bloody cruel at times :rolleyes:

Guest Bearsy

I get similar responses Joel.

'You've been buying a lot of records Kev, where do you get the money from?'

I think it's funny. Everyone knows there's usually spare cash when the taxes/bills etc have been paid. We eat a lot of beans on toast in our house.

Kev

you get to have toast aswell Kev :rolleyes:

Guest Bearsy

Great night, :lol: and what a delight to see the floor full for most of the evening, well done to all DJ's.

Shame the ankle packed up early. However enjoyed myself as long as it lasted.

Bearsy, - what did you play??? I knew only 3 of your later set !!! It was great to hear something different and clearly the crowd appreciated the tunage. You sang every word to every tune, well done mate!

Can't wait to be back in sunny Kent later in the year.

Well done Martin wink.gif

Cheers

Yogi

Hi Yogi, didnt realise you was there or would of come and said hello :lol: thanks for the kind words i did enjoy playing something different but with the right feel and ooomph i thought would be good for the night and yeah i like a sing a long who wouldnt to the tunes they own :D

hopefully catch up with you sometime soon hatsoff2.gif

atb

Bearsy

Pleased it went well. Couldn't make this one as I was on hols. Hope to see you back again Bearsy - I'm sure I would've enjoyed it. Anyone who has a stab at playing something different gets a thumbs up from me. thumbsup.gif

Edited by daved