Arin Demain/melvin Davis Values Please

Just wondering if anyone can put a current market value on a couple of classic rare oldies, Arin Demain - Silent Treatment - Blue Star Demo, condition near mint, sounds perfect.

And Melvin Davis - Find A Quiet Place - Wheel City, condition very good sounds perfect.

Also Sam Williams - Love Slipped Through My Fingers - Tower White Demo, condition as good a copy that's out there sounds good.

Please advise bicknellmark@aol.com

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 22
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just wondering if anyone can put a current market value on a couple of classic rare oldies, Arin Demain - Silent Treatment - Blue Star Demo, condition near mint, sounds perfect.

And Melvin Davis - Find A Quiet Place - Wheel City, condition very good sounds perfect.

Also Sam Williams - Love Slipped Through My Fingers - Tower White Demo, condition as good a copy that's out there sounds good.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

Seems i posted this under Wants section infact should be in Sales section possibly.

Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

Oh Big Fella ...... tell me you're not thinking about selling xx

Social source share

Thanks Christian, thought around that price myself perhaps a little more but thanks again.

Mark.

link

If you'd let Manship auction it, I'm sure it would be more than a 'little more' :lol:

Cheers,

Christian B

Social source share

Guest Tommy

Mate off mine bought a Arin Demain two years ago for under 600 UKP, Sam Williams is around 800 UKP in minz minus, don`t know about the Melvin Davis though...

Couple of years back i swapped my VG+ copy of The Districts on Nile for:

Buster & Eddie - White Demo (mint-)

&

Melvin Davis - Wheel City (VG - tiny edge crack)

The Districts is around 500 quid.

Buster & Eddie on a white demo must be around 400 quid.

They say cracked records are half price.

500 - 400 = 100 pounds.

So for a uncracked Melvin Davis (apparently) your looking at 200 pounds.

E-mail me if you want to trade Mark B.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Mark i understand your position........sell the lot for Robert Tanner, wish i had those to part with because i'd have the Robbie Tanner.....

Social source share

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

On the Arin Demain, I'd hazard a guess that you'd get four figs for yours - mine was in excellent nick when I flogged it and I got 750 cash for it - that was 4 years plus ago (I was offered well in excess of a grand in trade).

Social source share

Mark i understand your position........sell the lot for Robert Tanner, wish i had those to part with because i'd have the Robbie Tanner.....

link

Job almost done Brett, without selling these two as well...lol don't you just love Northern Soul.

Mark Bicknell.

Oh Brett managed to get you that Okeh white demo of 'Right Track' Mate..lol

Social source share

As an aside to Mark's query I wonder some of the mega oldies would be embraced if they were unknowns and being spun for the first time today:

Sam Williams: yes;

Melvin Davis: maybe (it never really took off nationally the first time, perhaps because it was genuinely rare);

Arin Demain: I'd have to say "I don't know"; despite the fact that it's a very instant record (and one of the first of the northern classics to imbed itself in my brain) it's not really the kind of sound that's getting spun anywhere now by newies deejays. Perhaps this 45 is a bit too "teenage" in its outlook and very few northern fans are teenagers any more.

What do others think? I'd be interested to know.

Social source share

As an aside to Mark's query I wonder some of the mega oldies would be embraced if they were unknowns and being spun for the first time today:

Sam Williams: yes;

Melvin Davis: maybe (it never really took off nationally the first time, perhaps because it was genuinely rare);

Arin Demain: I'd have to say "I don't know"; despite the fact that it's a very instant record (and one of the first of the northern classics to imbed itself in my brain) it's not really the kind of sound that's getting spun anywhere now by newies deejays. Perhaps this 45 is a bit too "teenage" in its outlook and very few northern fans are teenagers any more.

What do others think? I'd be interested to know.

link

What a good idea for a consructive thread, imagine these examples and others being totally unknowns today? how would they stand up? pretty dam' good me thinks, imagine playing i don't know Ronnie McNeir - 'Sitting In My Class' for the first time or any of the quality oldies. Maybe a seperate thread on this one people.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

I would say yes...the flipside already always packs the floor here in Berlin and is a fiorm favourite amongst the Hip City regulars when I spin it laugh.gif

link

tried 'you don't have to cry anymore' a few times at the wilton and it never really seemed to do anything. in the end, i preferred that side to 'silent treatment' but the money was daft so i flogged it.

on the berlin thing, have you any future dates and whereabouts is your doos - am on about going back to visit a few old haunts early next year and almost certainly will do berlin as a base for next years world cup

Social source share

tried 'you don't have to cry anymore' a few times at the wilton and it never really seemed to do anything. in the end, i preferred that side to 'silent treatment' but the money was daft so i flogged it.

on the berlin thing, have you any future dates and whereabouts is your doos - am on about going back to visit a few old haunts early next year and almost certainly will do berlin as a base for next years world cup

link

Hi Rich, the Hip City is always on at the second saturday every second month starting with January...during the WCS we will have our 16th anniversary smile.gif

Social source share

Source Advert