• Replies 10
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

F'kin-ell!!!

If that's Northern Soul, then I think I've been misled and for the last 30 summink years I've been listenin to summat else! :-/

Social source share

• 6 months later...

Gene,

Gotta confess-I was the one who was pushing that record. :wicked: It was because just like you said "people's perceptions of northern soul" are sometimes different. I have actually heard records classed as northern that sound similar to that one, so I figured I'd at least give it a shot. All of the comments about the tune were fair and justified. I knew it was a stretch, but you never know what people want sometimes. Hence the question mark I put after "newie". I'm not clueless about northern(like many Americans) at all, but I've been suprised by what people are into on this scene sometimes. Personally, I wouldn't play it out somewhere, but I can't help but keep one around as a curiosity piece-even though it isn't bona-fide northern. It looks like a monster though. Nice label anyway.

But I think some people on this forum will vouch for my good taste in music. :wicked:

KTF

Jas

post-164-1104338406_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!