James Mason 'sweet Power' Pressing Question

Guest john s

Guest john s

Could some kind soul please let me know what the run-out markings are on the original Chiaroscuro 12" of 'Sweet Power (Your Embrace)" ?

Not sure if I've got an original or a reissue here....

thanks in advance!

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Could some kind soul please let me know what the run-out markings are on the original Chiaroscuro 12" of 'Sweet Power (Your Embrace)" ?

Not sure if I've got an original or a reissue here....

thanks in advance!

There is no original 12", it was an LP track and also promo'd on 7", but never released as a 12" until maybe about 10 years ago, so you have a reissue.

cheers Sutty

Social source share

Guest john s

There is no original 12", it was an LP track and also promo'd on 7", but never released as a 12" until maybe about 10 years ago, so you have a reissue.

cheers Sutty

Wow! In that case I'd be pretty pissed off I'd bought either of these...

https://www.popsike.com/php/detaildatar.php?itemnr=4710185239

https://www.popsike.com/php/detaildatar.php?itemnr=180442546381

for 175 or 269 dollars!

:ohmy:

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Some people really need to do a little homework before shelling out that kind of money for a latter day bootleg of a non-existent original 1977 12". I notice the wording on the ads is somewhat ambiguous describing it as a 1977 recording but also saying original 12", which is pretty lame and slightly deceitful marketing from the sellers points of view... but if someone is willing to pay the money for a counterfeit, who can blame them for taking it?

cheers Sutty

Social source share

Some people really need to do a little homework before shelling out that kind of money for a latter day bootleg of a non-existent original 1977 12". I notice the wording on the ads is somewhat ambiguous describing it as a 1977 recording but also saying original 12", which is pretty lame and slightly deceitful marketing from the sellers points of view... but if someone is willing to pay the money for a counterfeit, who can blame them for taking it?

cheers Sutty

It's still in demand though,there's one on discogs in the US for $49.00.There's also 137 people that want it.

If anyone wants to give me $269 for it,they can have it:rolleyes:

I'll settle for the CD

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

cheers Sutty

Absolutely Paul.................I also agree that theres a lot of people selling records who are,shall we say,a bit economical with the truth. Buyers must be careful and try and find out as much info as they can before shelling out. Naughty if you ask me.........

Best,

Ivor

Social source share

I had to look at my copy, which I bought new a few years back, to see if it had the "circle p" 1977 date on it. Yup. Deceiving on all sides. I can see how a buyer would see that 1977 date and think it was a legit deal. Tsk tsk. I can also see how a seller could come across a copy and not have any idea that it's a new release. Well...besides the 90s era inner paper sleeve -- about the only tip off I can see.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!