Bar Life.. Schmar Life! We're Back At The Peg

coops

since the square peg's complex burned down in december 2008 we have been squating at the Bar Life in Skegness.

This has been a double edged sword, the Bar Life must be thanked for allowing us to hold events there, and for that we do thank them but....

Due to their 'dark and shady' activities (accepting a booking from a fellow promoter for a three-day northern soul event THEN telling said promoter that he couldn't use the Barl Life because it had been booked out to another person to hold a northern event DIRECTLY AGAINST 1st promoters event) we felt we just have to say, we wouldn't be seen dead in your venue, ever again.

Standing by one's princibles and supportin fellow promoters isn't always easy, as we suddenly realised we had no venue at all!!! (but we just had to do it)

Then, as if by magic, we get a call from the owner of the Grand Central in Skegness (the former site of the Square Peg) saying that he's ready for us to bring our soul nights back home.... where they belong!

So.....

Sat Sept 18th

at the SQUARE PEG (we'll still call it that although it's officially called the Grand Central) 'Cellar Bar' a night of across-the-board Northern and Rare Soul will mark our return home.

hosts:

Sharon 'K'

Paul 'Mak'

Chris Rose

Martin Stanford

Mick Cooper

guests:

Dave Raistrick (a sort of weekender warm-up)

Debbie 'J'.

only £3

8:00 p.m. / 03:00 a.m. (bargain or what)

ALL are welcome as ALL genre will be covered.

• Replies 50
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I think they are probably sl1200 mk 2,in which case you will need stanton 500 v 3 cartridges,about £50 a pair.Loads of links on t'internet.thumbsup.gif

pete, sharon, are you reading the above, get your plastic out, stop buying records and HELP!!!!! ;-)

Guest lady in red

Hey Coops, cant wait to be back at the "Peg", really looking forward to playing my tunes for you, love this venue and the folks who make it so special,

see you all soon

Debbie J xx

Guest sharon k

pete, sharon, are you reading the above, get your plastic out, stop buying records and HELP!!!!! ;-)

NEVER MIND THE PLASTIC WE NEED A BANK LOAN :rolleyes:

hya mick, have sent you a pm regarding styli & carts,

fozzie

photo-thumb-8033.pngROUTE61

ROUTE61 SOUL NIGHT SHEFFIELD, FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 10th.

20.00 hrs TILL 00.30 hrs ---- £3.50 tariff. WITH GUEST DJ. TOP OLDIES MAN IAN GEE + (this month only) - ROB MASON & REGULAR'S SOULMAN MARTIN & FOZZIE, WITH THE BEST IN STOMPING SOUL incl. NORTHERN OLDIES - NEWIES / TAMLA MOTOWN / RnB / STOMPERS / MODERN,QUAILITY SOUL, PLAYED ACROSS THE BOARD A FAB DANCE FLOOR & SOUND SYSTEM / --- A NICE CHILL OUT AREA -- THE BAR PRICES ARE POCKET FRIENDLY

ADDRESS FOR THE VENUE IS NIAGARA SUITE , NIAGARA RD. SHEFFIELD S6 1LU IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME 07951713882 OR route61@fsmail.net or sfoster49@fsmail.net

Route61 soul night Niagara Road Sheffield S6 1LU

Resident DJ's Steve Foster & SoulmanMartin + Guest DJs

(its soul on the real side @ route61 / niagara suite sheffield

HAVE STILL GOT SOME SKEGG TICKETS PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THEY WILL BE ON SALE ON THE NIGHT @ £24 EACH

hya mick, have sent you a pm regarding styli & carts,

fozzie

photo-thumb-8033.pngROUTE61

ROUTE61 SOUL NIGHT SHEFFIELD, FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 10th.

20.00 hrs TILL 00.30 hrs ---- £3.50 tariff. WITH GUEST DJ. TOP OLDIES MAN IAN GEE + (this month only) - ROB MASON & REGULAR'S SOULMAN MARTIN & FOZZIE, WITH THE BEST IN STOMPING SOUL incl. NORTHERN OLDIES - NEWIES / TAMLA MOTOWN / RnB / STOMPERS / MODERN,QUAILITY SOUL, PLAYED ACROSS THE BOARD A FAB DANCE FLOOR & SOUND SYSTEM / --- A NICE CHILL OUT AREA -- THE BAR PRICES ARE POCKET FRIENDLY

ADDRESS FOR THE VENUE IS NIAGARA SUITE , NIAGARA RD. SHEFFIELD S6 1LU IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME 07951713882 OR route61@fsmail.net or sfoster49@fsmail.net Route61 soul night Niagara Road Sheffield S6 1LU

Resident DJ's Steve Foster & SoulmanMartin + Guest DJs

(its soul on the real side @ route61 / niagara suite sheffield

HAVE STILL GOT SOME SKEGG TICKETS PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THEY WILL BE ON SALE ON THE NIGHT @ £24 EACH

thanks steve, great help my friend, see you at weekender ;-)

PUT THE NEEDLE ON THE RECORD TIL THE DRUM BEAT GO'S LIKE THIS,there's a record there somewhere yes.gifNICE ONE SHARON ALL WE NEED NOW IS A ROOM wink.gif

the square peg cellar bar..... "if we build it, they will come"

i've already reserved mine and netty's table, and made sure there's Cider a-plenty for the Seaman crew ;-)

Guest smudgesmith

the square peg cellar bar..... "if we build it, they will come"

i've already reserved mine and netty's table, and made sure there's Cider a-plenty for the Seaman crew ;-)

Is Seaman Staines coming? I hope hes not gonna make a mess on the new floor.Do i have to bring my slippers Mick:g:

Edited by smudgesmith

Hey Coops, cant wait to be back at the "Peg", really looking forward to playing my tunes for you, love this venue and the folks who make it so special,

see you all soon

Debbie J xx

it will, as always, be a pleasure to both see and hear you again at the Peg Angel xx

since the square peg's complex burned down in december 2008 we have been squating at the Bar Life in Skegness.

This has been a double edged sword, the Bar Life must be thanked for allowing us to hold events there, and for that we do thank them but....

Due to their 'dark and shady' activities (accepting a booking from a fellow promoter for a three-day northern soul event THEN telling said promoter that he couldn't use the Barl Life because it had been booked out to another person to hold a northern event DIRECTLY AGAINST 1st promoters event) we felt we just have to say, we wouldn't be seen dead in your venue, ever again.

Standing by one's princibles and supportin fellow promoters isn't always easy, as we suddenly realised we had no venue at all!!! (but we just had to do it)

Then, as if by magic, we get a call from the owner of the Grand Central in Skegness (the former site of the Square Peg) saying that he's ready for us to bring our soul nights back home.... where they belong!

So.....

Sat Sept 18th

at the SQUARE PEG (we'll still call it that although it's officially called the Grand Central) 'Cellar Bar' a night of across-the-board Northern and Rare Soul will mark our return home.

hosts:

Sharon 'K'

Paul 'Mak'

Chris Rose

Martin Stanford

Mick Cooper

guests:

Debbie 'J'.

only £3

Looking forward to a packed and busy night !!!!!

Guest kev such

Have a blinding night Saturday back at The Peg guys.

Me and Karen are looking forward to coming up and opening my box for you all in October. Karens sorting out digs, (not too far from the venue) and as its my birthday weekend I'll be even more on a high.

Regards

Kev

Is it pvc nurses outfits every month or just this one?

Edited by kev such

OMG.... would be worth coming just to see Chris and Mick alone in a nurses uniform.... and I dont mean while she's in it boys!!

Congratulations on becoming a grandpops chris.... great news :lol::rolleyes:

sonia x

see you all soon

Debbie J xx

Hey Deb.... hows the leg... not so painful I hope

Sonia x

thanks sonia ,haven't stopped smiling yet x

Is that at the thought of you and coops in matching nurses outfits??? .... :yes:

or maybe your beautiful new grandson ... :lol:

sonia x

DJ TIMES

8-9 SHARON AND MAC

9-10 MARTIN AND CHRIS

10-11 DAVE RAISTRICK

11-12 DEBBIE J

12-1 MARTIN AND CHRIS

1-145 COOPS AND BELLY

145-CLOSE SHARON,MAC,MARTIN,CHRIS AND COOPS ALTERNATING WITH ONE TUNE EACH AT A TIME.

ENTRY WILL BE VIA THE MAIN ENTRANCE AT THE GRAND CENTRAL.thumbsup.gif

Bugger!!!!! last again! story of my life!

forgot to mention.... this event is FOR OVER 18's ONLY (just incase it wasn't noticed on the flyer)

Edited by coops

hope all of the team enjoy yourselves on saturday, sounds like you are all excited about going home,,,,

enjoy it, p.s. ive looked at lots of flyers but i must admit, your square pegg ones are by far the best, well done,

hope you have a massive turn out.

ashy

thank you for your kind words Ashy, i hope one day you could pop down to the peg and say hi ;-)

Wh

So.....

Sat Sept 18th

hosts:

Sharon 'K'

Paul 'Mak'

Chris Rose

Martin Stanford

Mick Cooper

guests:

Debbie 'J'.

only £3

There is four of us down at skeg for the wkend so where gonna pop down tonight looking forward to it !

See you all tonight !

Wallie

hope all of the team enjoy yourselves on saturday, sounds like you are all excited about going home,,,,

enjoy it, p.s. ive looked at lots of flyers but i must admit, your square pegg ones are by far the best, well done,

hope you have a massive turn out.

ashy

cheers ashy,be nice to see you again when you are in this neck of the woods

Edited by pilgrimsoul
Guest HALIFAXFREESOUL

good luck with this mate. my missus is from skeg and i get there quite a bit so it would be nice to see some forthcoming dates. loving the whole grand central thing - its going to be a cracking venue.

speak soon

Mark

Halifax Free Soul Club

good luck with this mate. my missus is from skeg and i get there quite a bit so it would be nice to see some forthcoming dates. loving the whole grand central thing - its going to be a cracking venue.

speak soon

Mark

Halifax Free Soul Club

Hi Mark ,we do every third saturday of the month,would be great to see you there thumbsup.gif