Inspirations - Midas

In need of urgent help!!

I am purchasing a copy of 'Your Wish Is My Command' by the Inspirations on Midas records and would like some authentification details before I wire the money, i.e. Matrix no.s, pressing plant stamps etc. etc. :-)

Please contact me,

Mark

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Dont remember this being booted in the past ?

Not much detail in the run out only 3-7-67 think it was issued with 2 x labels

one with a very large Midas & one with a smaller Midas

Ian

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

this is not one of the dodgy ones starting to come out from the New York area is it ?, if you dont know the seller then beware........

its also funny how a lot of Guitar Ray's are turning up as well.......

Do you think these are boots headsy? The G Ray i mean.. i know mine's legit but it would be nice to shed some light on the subject..

best

Leo

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

this is not one of the dodgy ones starting to come out from the New York area is it ?, if you dont know the seller then beware........

its also funny how a lot of Guitar Ray's are turning up as well.......

I was only just saying this the other day either someones turned up a few as i have seen quite a few recently or they have been done. Again not the toughest label to boot is it now!!!??? ;O))

John

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

I was only just saying this the other day either someones turned up a few as i have seen quite a few recently or they have been done. Again not the toughest label to boot is it now!!!??? ;O))

John

You're sooo right Johnny, not at all a tough one to boot, would be nice to compare an original with the ones on ebay though, i wonder if the ones turned up have the sound warp in the end or not?

best

Leo

Social source share

Mines the same as Hippo's bet he got it off Soul Bowl way back as I did for £8.00 never been booted as far as i know well not way back anyway...still with all the other shit going on on the scene theseday's it would not suprise me if someone is at it, as you all pointed out it ain't that hard to copy such records.

If someone is at it via Ebay then perhaps they should be told, name and shame the bastards i say, Ebay make millions in fee's so perhaps it's about time they ivestigate the crooks and do something for the honest customers and collectors out there, or perhaps if everyone stopped using Ebay until this problem was actioned then they might get the message.

Keep It Real - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

• 1 month later...

You're sooo right Johnny, not at all a tough one to boot, would be nice to compare an original with the ones on ebay though, i wonder if the ones turned up have the sound warp in the end or not?

best

Leo

Here's one off e-bay, finished today. Not out of New York but Metairie, Louisiana. $731 the finishing price.

post-2-1088958371_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Hippo>

Thanks for scan, but I've seen loads. I don't doubt the fact that the record is original as I was never aware of it being booted (apart from Sevens), but am edgy to whether it exists, or is just a figment of his imagination and a punt at nickin' mi cash!

Grant>

Fetching £500 and up, although you do see the odd bargain, as is this one.

Ian>

Thanks so much for no.s, helped a lot! I've looked bloody everywhere and emailed bloody everyone!

Thanks everyone for all your help,

Billy-B

Social source share

All Guitar Rays I have seen for sale are originals for sure, at least the ones I've seen. Why do people think it is bootlegs as soon as things start turning up?! The US is a very big place and even obscure records were usually pressed in quite a few copies as far as I understand, so what is so strange with someone finding a box? Note also that many records turning up often comes from the geographical area where it was released or nearby, most Guitar Rays on ebay have come from the south for instance. Americans see records go for big money on ebay, scuttle off to the nearest flee market, junk shop or whatever and inevitably find copies sooner or later if it was a record that had at least regional sales and distribution. Many items have also never been rare, and with more people looking for them than ever before is it really strange that some things turn up? I think not. I understand that people don't like paying a lot for a record only to see it turn up in quantity within months, but still see no reason to shout "bootleg" everytime something turns up. What things have been proven, and not rumoured, to be bootlegs in recent years that people thought were originals?

Social source share

only to see it turn up in quantity within months, but still see no reason to shout "bootleg" everytime something turns up. What things have been proven, and not rumoured, to be bootlegs in recent years that people thought were originals?

True. The only thing that would concern me is that most of the records that are now "turning up" seem to labels of one colour, simple design & on vinyl i.e. easier to boot. Has anything on styrene turned up in quantities since Danny Moore?

Social source share

True. The only thing that would concern me is that most of the records that are now "turning up" seem to labels of one colour, simple design & on vinyl i.e. easier to boot. Has anything on styrene turned up in quantities since Danny Moore?

Yes, Bobby Reed for instance, most copies that has turned up are styrene Monarch pressings. All the Shrine ones, styrene + complicated label design, most TJ Williams (Josie) seem to be Monarch styrene, tons of major label stuff on styrene and so on. I'm not saying it's not possible that some things are boots, I just don't think most things are. Exactly which ones do people think are boots?

Social source share

Guest micksmith

THEY TURNED UP FROM THE WEST COAST LOAD. MOST OF THE STYRENES ARE WEST COAST PRESSINGS. HENCE THE QUANTITY ON SOME TITTLES. NOW DOES THAT MAKE SENCE.

MIND YOU I COLLECT WEST COAST DESIGNS AND IN MY OPIONION ARE THE BETTER LOOKING LABELS. JUST A FEW FOR YOU TO GET EXCITED OVER,

PAUL THOMPSON-VOLT.

EARL JACKSON-ABC-DEMO.

GLORIA JONES-CHAMPION DEMO.

HOWARD GUYTON-VERVE.

IDLE FEW-BLUE BOOK.

NOW WHO SAID I'M A PERV.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!