Soulheaven B'ham J6 (M6) Sat 14Th Aug (New Venue)

Guest Sean Haydon

• Replies 22
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Wot a great nite in store for you all! If last years event is anything to go by !

Over 350 ppl in da house! All paying respects to a gone but not forgotten buddy Poma !!

Brillant party atmosphere ! Top tunage to a more than friendly crowd !

Try be early coz this is one you wont want to end !! :thumbsup:

Cogster :thumbsup:

Looking forward to this!

Last years was pure class, music, people, atmosphere, it had it all.

The fact that it's a memorial tribute to the much missed POMA makes it even more worthwhile, having fun with people who matter, dancing to top tunes, it's what you want, and what POMA was all about too!

Change of venue this year from the infamous Darlaston Town Hall, which was a great venue, great dance floor, but unreasonably expensive! Good one Shorny & Sammy for coming up with a great new (much cheaper too) venue for this years tribute:

Ruskin Hall

235 Victoria Road

Aston

Birmingham

B6 5HP

Easy to find just off M6 J6 1 mins to venue

400 capacity

Come on. you all know you wanna go! The place will be full, the music couldn't be better, you might even be surprised who turns up! It's the one thing that got me back to my 1st Northern do for around 8 years, nervous as hell going in, was like I'd never been away, cheers Shorny, Jane, Harpo, Sandi, Mr Shaw, Wagsy, Kenny, and the rest of you for making me feel I'd only been away a fortnight, and making my wife (who didn't even know what Northern Soul was, and had found herself getting dragged from Hull to the sunny West Midlands, on our wedding anniversary) feel so welcome! Had a brilliant night, and have carried on going to the odd all nighter too!Wouldn't miss this saturday for anything.

Get yourselves down there people! You won't regret it!!

Peace, Love, and Soul

xx

post-11211-091487500 1281239070_thumb.jp:wicked: WOT DAY IZ IT??? CUMMIN IN AFTA A NITE AHRT UN GUIN DAARN ME FREEKIN CELLA IZ NO GUD....MAN...BIN DO-IN IT TO LONG.GETTIN OWD..NAAAHHHH :(:D

WELL .. :lol: DJ-IN AT ME OWN UNDER-GROUND SCENE DOO...( COT FED UP OV WAITIN / AN ASKIN FOR A SPOT..GUYS.

:D:yes: STARTED ME OWN..PROPPA...) "BUT IM HONOURED TO BE ASKED TO DJ FOR YOU" .AN ME OWD MATE "POMA"wink.gif

JUST PLAYED SUM CRACKIN STUFF FOR "HIM" ..A B.HEBB. TRACK..AWESOME.NAAH NOT SONNY....AN A S.TAYLOR..(MORE DWINK,,LAGER N COWD TEA,,AY BAD ACTUALLY..FEK ME ITZ VILE...WITH WIZ GET REAL BURT.....HA ..NEVA

ANYWAY,,BABLIN..CUTTIN ME OWN DOO SHORT TO DJ FOR YA..THANX..AN HAVE SPREAD D WORD.."LORD."AN A FEW OV THE PEEPS I NO ,,, WILL BE CUMMIN TOO CHECK IT AHHRT.."TRUST ME FOLKS IF IT STAYS LIKE THE OTHER DOO,S WOT WEEVE DUN FOR POM..IT,LL BE A GUD UN..AN TRUST ME I,STILL LUV TOO BOOGIE..AN ME WENCH DUZ....SO JUST TRIED ME NEW OWD SHOES AHRT,JIGGIN,,WEEE,,SPIN,,BEST CHINA,S GONE,,,,MMMM COR WAIT SO GUYS GET YA SELF DAHHRN TO THIS DOO,,CUS IT WILL BE AGUD UN..PROPPA...............MISTA "COG AN THE GOURJUS JAN,,,WER YA BIN,,IT WOR THE SERM NICK AS ME,,,,,,HONEST....RESPECT......STEVE WHITTLE..PROPPA....THE REST DOW NO UM BUT STEVE,S WUFF A FIVA OV ANYBODYS MONEY..YO LIKE TO DANCE,,TALK,,POSE..WOT EVA..THIS IS A GUD-UN...GREAT NITE, GREAT FOLK,GREAT DJ,S

FOR A GREAT "BLOKE"..THANX....I,LL BE BACK..............WELL FK IT DARN CELL.AJUST THURT OV SUMMAT.:no::(

RESPECT............BURT....XXXXX. post-11211-091487500 1281239070_thumb.jp

Guest littlemissoul

Well looking forward to this one yes.gif with ample free parking fantastic sounds and great peeps it will be anight to remember see you all there:thumbsup:

Guest Sean Haydon

Quite a few people have asked about DJ times now so here we go:

Dripin 8.30 - 9.00

Kenny 9.0 - 9.40

Sammy 9.40 - 10.20

Casper 10.20 - 11.00

Steve Whittle 11.00 - 12.00

Killa 12.00 - 12.45

Martin 12.45 - 1.30

Sean 1.30 - 2.15

Harpo 2.15 - 3.00

3.0 Who knows ??? wicked.gif (It wont be the management who stop us)

Guest roger H

ANOTHER GREAT NIGHT TO PAY RESPECTS TO OUR GREATLY MISSED SOUL BROTHER "POMA" this will be another night to remember, great DJ line up so music will be class, looking forward to seeing everyone there

MAD ROGER AND KAZ

Guest roger H

Oh and just to let the full membership of the "DRIPPIN, MUSIC APPRECIATION SOCIETY" you will be able to chain your mountain bike to the railings outside the front door, oh and the cleaner will be there to listen to your K-TEL soul sounds of the 70s LP

Guest Sean Haydon

Looks like a top night Sean :lol:. Plus it's looking like I should be able to get there...fingers crossed!

Hi Adam, Hope you can make it mate, i'm sure you wont be disappointed, we're aiming to please everyone with an across the board music policy. The emphasis is on upbeat dancers thoughthumbsup.gif I bet you're dying for some Soul after your holiday yes.gif

Guest Sean Haydon

looking forward to this....:lol:

Hey mate, good to hear from ya, it's been a long time. Glad you're coming, spoke to our great friend Toby too, really looking forward to sharing a pint or two with the Groovesville boysthumbsup.gif

Sean

Guest Sean Haydon

sean i'll do me best to try and get down ,

ive only got me old van to drive down in .all me dosh has gone on records but i'll suffer the journey if i can mate, :thumbsup:

How do Paul, Will be great if you can come mate, another long distance traveller. Not quite as far as Willie in Carlisle but stillwink.gif. Sounds like a bit of a gathering tomorrow. People coming from North and South Wales, Peterborough, Manchester, Liverpool, Hull and Hertfordshire. Anywhere else? smile.gif

Guest Andy Kempster

Finally back on line, can't wait for tomorrow

ph

be good to see you harpo, not been up to the midlands for a while...........cant wait

Guest Sean Haydon

Looks like a top night Sean :yes:. Plus it's looking like I should be able to get there...fingers crossed!

Don't forget your sales box matethumbsup.gif

Guest Mike The Bike

SPECIAL GUEST DJ. STEVE WHITTLE

post-10634-055298500 1281192404_thumb.jp

Yeah im up for someofthat.. im about to get on me bike despite the f.... rain down here its absoloootleee lashin it down comin over with Harpo n Sandi see you all there.. !!

Guest Sean Haydon

Just been checking the traffic. Anyone travelling from north of Birmingham please be aware that the M6 southbound will be closed between J10 and 8 from 8pm tonight!