• Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I can only find these

Ditto. :yes:

There's gotta be some more photogrphs of her out there somewhere? Anybody???

She only recorded 13 tracks in all I think, 11 for Federal, with two of them being re-issued back to back on King, and two for Argo.

Off on a slant for a moment, doesn't that mean she signed for Chess? In which case, I wonder if there might be an acetate or two out there without her name on it, like the one Joe Dutton's got?

It's looking like her photographs are as few and far between as her recordings. :yes:

Social source share

Have a look on google seems to be a few there!! :yes: :yes:

If you mean Images on Google? Nah, I've tried there already, nothing but the one you see on my original posting, plus the one of her head and shoulders, which is just a blown up cut of the full body one to be found on Google, her Sing Lp and CD with friends.

But if you can find any others, please pass them on to me. Thanks.

Social source share

If you mean Images on Google? Nah, I've tried there already, nothing but the one you see on my original posting, plus the one of her head and shoulders, which is just a blown up cut of the full body one to be found on Google, her Sing Lp and CD with friends.

But if you can find any others, please pass them on to me. Thanks.

No worries I'll keep you posted! yes.gif:D:)

Social source share

According to the caption it's Richard E. Stamz, who apparently unleashed his autobiography on the world earlier this year. The caption also stated that the image comes from Stamz's own collection.

Well, rather than me tell you, why not find it all out for yourself. Here's the link...

Book: Give 'em Soul, Richard!

Might have to add that book to my Xmas list...

Social source share

According to the caption it's Richard E. Stamz, who apparently unleashed his autobiography on the world earlier this year. The caption also stated that the image comes from Stamz's own collection.

Well, rather than me tell you, why not find it all out for yourself. Here's the link...

Cheers Russell, I think that book will be on my Christmas book list too. :tumbleweed3:

Social source share

stamz passed away more than a year ago, although that review doesn't mention that for some reason

Social source share

I have this one :lol:

This picture is the lower right hand side portion of the Sing label LP front cover. Sing was a label concentrating on King (geddit!?) family label product.

There were about x100 titles released in all (distributed via Charly Records), often with duplicate original sleeves...though there wasn't one available for the Tiny Topsy album compilation.

:rolleyes:

Social source share

This picture is the lower right hand side portion of the Sing label LP front cover. Sing was a label concentrating on King (geddit!?) family label product.

There were about x100 titles released in all (distributed via Charly Records), often with duplicate original sleeves...though there wasn't one available for the Tiny Topsy album compilation.

:rolleyes:

I think you'll find you're wrong here Flynny, that picture takes up the full height of the Lp front cover, with a vertical brown strip either side.

Having said that, I don't have the Lp in front of me but that's how I remember it the last time I played it.

Or, are you just talking about the "Sing" logo?

Social source share

I think you'll find you're wrong here Flynny, that picture takes up the full height of the Lp front cover, with a vertical brown strip either side.

Having said that, I don't have the Lp in front of me but that's how I remember it the last time I played it.

Or, are you just talking about the "Sing" logo?

You could be correct...I thought it was a brown cover to the left and the picture on the right?

However, in my defence, it's been a loooooong time since I looked through my old albums and even longer since I was selling that one as a new release, or should I say trying to sell as it wasn't a big seller!

:lol:

Edited by Anoraks Corner
Social source share

You could be correct...I thought it was a brown cover to the left and the picture on the right?

However, in my defence, it's been a loooooong time since I looked through my old albums and even longer since I was selling that one as a new release, or should I say trying to sell as it wasn't a big seller!

:lol:

Go on then, I'll let you off . . . . . . . . . this time. :lol:

Social source share

Source Advert