Articles: The Tempos Story by Rob Moss

Rob Moss

• Replies 26
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Another great informative and worthwhile contribution by Rob.

Sometime I go through articles and highlight some of the names or tracks that may be of interest.

If I did it with this one think its fair to say that the whole page would seem to be full of bold text!

if viewing the forum version, check out the front page version, as per normal from Rob there's some great photos to accompany his latest words.(click on the images to enlarge)

Social source share

Wow what a great read over breakfast that was. Hats off to you Rob in giving us such a succint and informative piece.:yes:

Demonstrates 'what a tangled web they did weave' back then and gives food for thought on the 'stories' behind ALL our little bits of plastic.

Great stuff sir:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Wow what a great read over breakfast that was. Hats off to you Rob in giving us such a succint and informative piece.:yes:

Demonstrates 'what a tangled web they did weave' back then and gives food for thought on the 'stories' behind ALL our little bits of plastic.

Great stuff sir:thumbsup:

Just the sort of articles I like, full of facts.

I agree with you Jez. We often take for granted those little black discs. which have so many "real life" and often tragic stories behind them.

For me, listening to any Jack Montgomery tracks from now on will never be the same but in fact "heightened" due to a little background knowledge.

:yes:

Social source share

Hi Rob

Nice job mate, great info and cool you share it with all.

Just a note

Buford 'Fab' Glanton, went on to record as David Lenyard and was also a member of Four Real Inc. all of which came out on Flying Eagle. He still lives in Detroit to this day, but has suffered from poor health for many years.

Edited by Dave Thorley
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

Excellent and just proves the worth of documenting this stuff before it's too late. The part relating to Marvin Jones-Jack Montgomery is tragic. It looks like people did turn their back on him, for him to take his life in such circumstances. Like Arkwright, those records of his will take on another dimension for me now.

Social source share

Rob,

Nice one, again!

It's amazing, given what has happened to so many, that Jay Davis remains in good health and maintains his enthusiasm...........................that hit is just around the corner................

John

Jay Davis, Detroit 2009

post-9997-059789900 1281436250_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

Thank you all. I'm really glad you enjoyed the piece. Debonaires and Holidays coming up.

Best regards

Rob

i can't wait rob, that was so informative and interesting.thats what makes this site so great, more please, jim.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

Hi Rob. Hopefully this may help with the 'Tempos' Biography? I bought these 'AFTRA' (American Federation of Television and Radio Artists) documents, signed by 3 members of 'The Tempos', Bobby Sanders, Billy London and Bobby Mac. I am finding it really difficult to find out much more about the bands career. If you find out anything else about them, could you please let me know by PM, as I am trying to piece it together to display with the 'AFTRA' documents. Thank you.

P.S. I also  bought 'AFTRA' documents signed by Leon Heywood (1966), and Marlena Shaw (1967)

IMG_20180325_172024.jpg

IMG_20180325_172033.jpg

IMG_20180325_172042_01.jpg

Social source share

1 hour ago, Northern Soul UK said:

Hi Rob. Hopefully this may help with the 'Tempos' Biography? I bought these 'AFTRA' (American Federation of Television and Radio Artists) documents, signed by 3 members of 'The Tempos', Bobby Sanders, Billy London and Bobby Mac. I am finding it really difficult to find out much more about the bands career. If you find out anything else about them, could you please let me know by PM, as I am trying to piece it together to display with the 'AFTRA' documents. Thank you.

P.S. I also  bought 'AFTRA' documents signed by Leon Heywood (1966), and Marlena Shaw (1967)

IMG_20180325_172024.jpg

IMG_20180325_172033.jpg

IMG_20180325_172042_01.jpg

Different Tempos, those in your document are the West Coast group (Countdown).  The one who is the subject of this topic is from Detroit.

Social source share

• 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!